This suggestion will be vague. If considered/implemented at all, hopefully TRO can fill in the gaps however they wanna do it.
Endgame players don't have much to do. The server is too "at peace" when there's no event, and the events they participate in has nothing to do with interacting with newer players
1. Get a not very popular but fairly accessible map. Make it active Pvp (not nightmare, just PK on), no flywing/bflywing.
2. Put an NPC for a quest. The reward of the quest should preferably benefit more to newbies, and benefit from levelling/farming in that map or around.
3. This reward can only be activated by reaching the NPC.
4. A player can choose to "Guard" this NPC instead. Doing this means this player can not claim the reward, but are able to teleport next to the NPC (So, like WoE)
5. Reversely, these "guardians" can allow the newbies to reach the NPC instead, protecting them from aggro monsters that spawn around the NPC. So the decision of these guards need to be discussed among them.
6. This way, the newbies who wants to activate can either complain in !main or !recruit, if some random other end game player would be willing to escort them through the guard.
7. A rogue player who still wants the buff (so, not a Guardian) might PK other players too for monopoly. The newbies might complain in !main about these PKers too.
-Using an unpopular map, hopefully this won't be complicated in terms of balancing what already exists.
-The main point is a "player based events" that makes use of a mechanics that's inherent in the map
1. What would the reward be? BronzeCoins? Something that only benefits the newbies, and ideally not a very farmable, or even tradeable item to fluctuate the market in any way. Even better, these reward expires every week or so.
2. Rather than "what", "how" will the reward be applied to farm in the area? A monster, say only 2 spawn in the map, with 10+ minute spawn time. They spawn minions/mushrooms who drops BronzeCoins. "Activating" the quest shows their location. Or maybe, they don't spawn, only spawned by activating it via the NPC.
3. The monster shouldn't be intimidated-able
4. Having the monsters spawn mushrooms like this means cooperating is possible. The PKer will have more reason to cause havoc, they may want to claim the monsters just for their "group"
5. I try to not ask for a new type of skill/buff to be necessary for this, only a new monster/minion. I'm still not sure how much customization is possible/tRo's willing to do