Hey, fellow Talonians! Do guys wanna know what Saraman does on his free time? You know, when he's not trying to make us collect camel dungs. He cooks! Yes yes, I know what you’re thinking... but it's not as gross as you think! Also, make sure to check out the SQIs (Surprise Quest Items) after this quest. Here's how to obtain his specialty:
Saraman's Special Camdungs and Taters Quest
First, talk to our ever-reliable Talon Warp Girl and go to Veins.
Find Saraman south of the city. Talk to him and tell him how hungry you are. He will offer to make you his specialty if you get him the items on his list.
Walk back to the Warp Girl and go to Prontera Mall if you want convenience. But if you’re feeling a little adventurous, you can just hunt for the ingredients yourself. Geffen Field is a great place to hunt for Savages… not to mention the Copper Coins!
Once you've gathered all the ingredients, go back to Saraman and hand him everything.
To make the stimulant for the camels:
1. Pour the milk over the breadcrumbs and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the chopped onions and a pinch of salt and saute for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the ground Minorous, ground Savage, cooked onions, dried Sohee tears, black pepper, chili flakes, garlic powder, nutmeg, allspice, breadcrumb mixture, and a Peco Peco egg.
4. Form the stimulant mixture into golf ball-sized Camdungs.
5. Using the same skillet you cooked your onions in, add some vegetable oil and start cooking the Camdungs. Once done, set it aside.
Warp back to Veins and walk to Saraman. He will take the cooked Camdungs and ask you for the ingredients of his special sauce.
6. Remove all the excess oil from the skillet but leave some of the meat crumbs because this will flavor your sauce. Start melting the butter.
7. Whisk in the flour, stirring constantly to ensure no lumps form. Cook for about a minute until light brown in color.
8. Very slowly stir in the Minorous Sweat in stages so the sauce won't clump up. Simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
9. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
10. Carefully add the Camdungs back in (you don’t want hot cream splashing all over you!) and then the baby potatoes. Let it simmer until the sauce is slightly thick in consistency or until the potatoes have cooked through. Sauce will continue to thicken once cooled.
10. Finish off your dish with chopped parsley. Serve over a bed of fluffy rice. Enjoy!
Walk back to the Warp Girl and go to Gonryun. You will find Jing Wen Zhen near the entrance of Gonryun Dungeon.
SQI (Surprise Quest Item) # 1
Cheesecake with Solid Peaches : A Gonryun Delicacy
SQI (Surprise Quest Item) # 2
TamTam's Surprise Loaf Cake
▼▲▼ Challenges ▲▼▲
▲ The GM Zelda Challenge: Sweet tooth - +2 Include a dessert to finish up your meal.
▲ The GM Cherri Challenge: Avid Gamer - +3 Include a fake in-game step by step version of your recipe using your imagination and knowledge of the RO world.
▲ The GM Luna Challenge: Hawt - +2 Add some fire to your food by adding a hot sauce or chilli's.
▼▲▼ ▲▼▲▼▲▼ ▲▼▲▼▲▼ ▲▼▲
Aaaahhh I wanted to include GM Seiren's Taters Challenge but I'd go over the max allowed.
Anyway, pardon me for the extra long post. Just wanna say that I really had fun making these dishes - especially TamTam's Surprise!
My tummy thanks the GMs so kindly for coming up with this event lolol. Good luck, everyone!
IGN: Madame Lestrange