• What to not suggest

We've been getting a lot of people suggesting the same things over and over again. Amongst these are a couple of suggestions that just will not happen on the server.

Item recoveries, Change of rates, 3rd Classes, Change of skills, Autoloot & Area Pickup, GTB and Maya Purple Card changes

Any new topics regarding these subjects will be closed.

• Sign in to follow this  

Costume Requirements

Reclusio Perpetua
    • Declined

I suggest that costumes should have required levels or required job class. According to my experience on the server, there are many novices and 1st job classes with high-end costumes(trending or the fancy/limited/unique ones).

This now depends on the GMs judgement for making required job classes such as Seraph wings should only be worn by 2nd job classes.

There should be appropriate costumes for novice and 1st job classes. Options are

Costumes that can be worn by:

1. All job classes

2. All job classes except novice

3. 2nd job class only (Fancy costumes which includes animated ones, e.g. Seraph costume, vicious, etc.).

For those players bragging their costumes using low level novices and 1st job class characters, they might affect incoming newbies joining the server because if a newbie plays on this server and see some novices equipped with seraph or other fancy costumes, then it might make some newbies feel envy, jealous, and discouraged that might affect RMS reviews.  

I do not have problems with low profile players, I do admire them. If players wants to have a high profile character with trending costumes especially with unique animated effects, then they should use a high level character or 2nd job class.

EDIT: There are some players saying that there are many players on this server are rich. It may sound discouraging on incoming players and might affect reviews.

• Fsh 2
    • Heh 1
    • Sorry 1
    • Swt 2
    • Wah 2
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Well, if they will not buy the costume. They will have to level + farm for zeny(if needed) and reach 2nd job class which encourages farming and leveling. More play time means more chances that players will be active to aim for that costume requirement.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

I am stating the effects of my suggestion to the economy and I am improving my suggestion. Why is it that instead of improving the suggestion, many are opposing/degrading this?

Why is it that everyone else can see that, no matter what facet of the game you try to bring into this just to salvage some sort of, well, anything, this suggestion will never be a good idea?

Because it just isn't a good idea.

Along with that, all your posts are self-defeating.

4 minutes ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

Well, if they will not buy the costume. They will have to level + farm for zeny(if needed) and reach 2nd job class which encourages farming and leveling. More play time means more chances that players will be active to aim for that costume requirement.

You fail to grasp, despite us telling you many times over, that newbies will never think of costumes when their foremost priority is to improve their way of life. Unlike you, they don't have the luxury of spending 50m for a bunch of gift boxes costume.

You also fail to account that setting a level restriction on costumes will stop a sizable chunk of newbies who would actually buy a costume, and quite a few of them skipped the grind by donating to the server.

You failed, too, to see that half of these costumes you so wanted to be sold are stuck that way because everyone else has them already, or no one wants to buy them. You failed as well to see that these surplus of costumes always happen during an event that makes costumes rain left, right and center.

You once more fail to grasp that it is the players who set the value for these costumes, and their desirability does not always reflect their price. It doesn't take a newbie to think and assess a costume and deem it unfit for his or her tastes.

You, yet again, fail to solidify the connection of this new "improved" idea to your original purpose and reasoning, resulting in yet another thinly veiled attempt to save this from the Declined Status.

In fact, I'd say this "economy thing" just sealed the deal, if it didn't already.

• Love 1

Share this comment

20 hours ago, Nheki said:

Uhmm, so what happened to the unsold 250+ costumes? :huh:

Anyway, I hope all what I said makes any sense /heh

X amount of junk costume to exchange with something not too OP like OCA, perhaps? Still gotta do 'a little work' of scripting if gonna be implemented though /heh

Share this comment

22 hours ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

Um,  they pretty much have to do this regardless for costumes.  they are for the most part..... not cheap.  and with out server rates and areas best to farm,  means it is time to level to farm in order to wear any costume.   Honestly the only thing your suggestion does is penalize those who get on to talk / play casual with friends and spend money for giftboxes.   Because then they might not be able to wear their costume they paid for.  

Costumes cost money,  To earn money means you have to farm for something to sell,  to NPC or players,  any thing to sell.   It's faster to farm when your character is stronger.  So you level your character to be stronger in order to get money to buy costumes.   There is literally NOTHING in that requires limiting costumes to specific job classes (and in fact limiting means super novices get screwed in they won't be able to wear anything even though they are a viable class.) 

Just the natural supply and demand with these items not being NEEDED for any game play reasons beyond maybe role play means unless someone likes a costume, they will not buy it anyways. 

Now if costumes were needed and added stats this suggestion might be worth looking at,  but the very fact they are costumes means they are not meant to add stats or any meaningful use to gameplay... they are just decoration.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 07/09/2017 at 3:01 PM, Dizzybords said:

Just to make it clear, which problem are you trying to solve?

At the start, you wanted to solve "Newbies feeling discouraged when they see a fellow low level / non-trans wearing expensive costumes". Now you're at "Market is saturated with costumes".

I see no point comparing costumes to elu/oris/kaho. The former is for aesthetic purposes, just that, while the latter is meant to add value. You can propose to make costumes add value, but then that defeats the purpose of what it was meant to be, a costume.

Pretty much this.

Also, I think the community response and the rating given by players to this suggestion speak for itself. 

• Like 1
    • Love 1

Share this comment

I am disappointed. You said community but only few responded. 1k+ players and nobody supported me and a popular pro and veteran player just told me "you failed, at this. You also failed, you failed too." Oh well, that's how it goes. Nobody took a consideration on my last comment.

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua
    • Wah 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

I am disappointed. You said community but only few responded. 1k+ players and nobody supported me and a popular pro and veteran player just told me "you failed, at this. You also failed, you failed too." Oh well, that's how it goes. Nobody took a consideration on my last comment.

I am sorry that you feel disappointed, however for one, we won't be polling all of our players on every suggestion that makes it to this section of the forum. Moreover, I did actually refer this suggestion to the higher ups and took action based on their decision, I am not simply declining it to be mean. It's just not a feature we wish to have on our server.

I would encourage you, in the future, to take into consideration the feedback you receive from the community and incorporating it to try and problem-solve the issue you believe you've identified - that's how some of the best suggestions are made. Using people's feedback only to change the original reason you stated your suggestion should be implemented is not quite the same thing, and I would not wish to penalise people for wishing to customise their character whatever their level when they have put in the work to be able to do so in the first place.

• Like 2
    • Love 1
    • No1 1

Share this comment

This is now closed for further comments