• What to not suggest

We've been getting a lot of people suggesting the same things over and over again. Amongst these are a couple of suggestions that just will not happen on the server.

Item recoveries, Change of rates, 3rd Classes, Change of skills, Autoloot & Area Pickup, GTB and Maya Purple Card changes

Any new topics regarding these subjects will be closed.

• Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to attrack people to go pvp?

subcesso
    • Implemented

I happen to talk to players and most of them dont go pvp.  They kinda play the game for pvm, getting rich and quit then go back again bcos of the nostalgia.  This sounds selfish to suggest but this server mostly have custom features right? so why not experiment look for ways to attrack people to go pvp?  From the games I went the pvp have some sort of reward to character like stats and the resources are only drop on particular pvp map thats why ppl go there hunt.  This is where interesting stuff start.

If this thing didnt work you can remove it since its just an experiment.  I am looking at ppl on pvp room all they do is randomly target ppl sitting there and chat.  There are no purpose ryt?

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I would assume you are rather new. Please correct me if I am wrong. Trust me, the PvP GM and the Dev Team are doing things to attract more people into PvP. Hopefully when BG gets relaunched, people will be more into it because they have H U G E  plans to attract more pvp action there. 

• Heh 1

Share this comment

PvM have it all. You can be behind in gears in terms of PvP, but you can farm that easily with PvM gears, while the opposite doesn't work.

Anyway, my suggestion to this is we should have a PvP | vanilla events. Vanilla, so that a lot more players can join.

Share this comment

If you suggest PK maps then that's a no go. We will not force people to join PvP if they are only out for PvM. Not sure what you mean with "stats for characters". Anyway, to answer your question, there are ways to attract people to join PvP. 

Share this comment

You can add a title system or how do you call it that adds "stats" if your character met an amount of kills that levels up or if you don't want to add this on a custom map an alternative map, you can add this on BG and Woe.

For example

lvl 1 title require a total of 10 kills

- total 3 hp/mp, xx hp/mp regen

lvl 2 title kills 100

- total 6 hp hp/mp, xx hp/mp regen

lvl 3 title kills 1000

- total 10 hp/mp, xx hp/mp regen

lvl 4 title kills 2000

- total 20 hp/mp, xx hp/mp regen, 1 hit rate, 1 flee

lvl 5 title kills 3000

- total xx hp/mp, xx hp/mp regen, 2 hit rate, 2 flee

lvl 6 title kills 5000

-total xx hp/mp, xx hp/mp regen, 3 hit rate, 3 flee, + 20 weight limit

increase effectiveness of healing items, aspd and so on...

Every level the total kills increased and add more stats.  I chose these stats bcos I think these wont greatly broke the balance and make particular character OP

This is just an idea you can add these kind of mechanics on BG or Woe.

Edited by subcesso

Share this comment

On 10/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, Kelen said:

PvM have it all. You can be behind in gears in terms of PvP, but you can farm that easily with PvM gears, while the opposite doesn't work.

Anyway, my suggestion to this is we should have a PvP | vanilla events. Vanilla, so that a lot more players can join.

As practice shows. Beginners refuse to create Vanilla gear and first try to buy a LKH and GEC and many don't stop there. For a start, I even offer discounts on gear and free supply, but not many people agree because they still need to buy minimal gear. It would be cool if GMs considered the idea of creating a bonus for WoE with a full set of Eden gear or a set of BG gear for a beginners. Without exception, everyone answers my offer to participate in Vanilla WoE "It's too early for me to think about it". And I can't do anything about it.

In this regard, things are better with Unres WoE, but it is very boring for me and for my friends.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, ◄Greed► said:

As practice shows. Beginners refuse to create Vanilla gear and first try to buy a LKH and GEC and many don't stop there. For a start, I even offer discounts on gear and free supply, but not many people agree because they still need to buy minimal gear. It would be cool if GMs considered the idea of creating a bonus for WoE with a full set of Eden gear or a set of BG gear for a beginners. Without exception, everyone answers my offer to participate in Vanilla WoE "It's too early for me to think about it". And I can't do anything about it.

In this regard, things are better with Unres WoE, but it is very boring for me and for my friends.

How about your findings in recruiting newbies in Unres WoE, is it same with vanilla? Sorry, i didn't get what you mean about 'don't stop there'. If its PvM gears, then those are damage oriented and putting (demihuman&status)resistance to that may actually find its way to unres WoE. Unfortunately that's not always the case, some(?probably most) PvM gears are specialized to its farming site. And we better not think about a PvP | unres event with that PvM oriented gears.

I'm sure LKH and GEC won't do you better against a well geared unres player. sure enough WoE is a team fight and it's a lot easier(in terms of itemization) to get resistances(Eg. Orc Hero mid, Wind armor[unforzen]). But still, when it comes to any PvP we have this stigma of how well we perform when under geared. So if its unres that you want to promote then you have players spend more time farming to get good unres gears, and that's totally the opposite of promoting PvP. 

BG gears is really really good. Not sure about the balance of Eden gears vs Eden gears players, though It'll probably be about which team gets the Bard/Clown + Wizard in the team.

TLDR: well geared vanilla cheaper than well geared unres.

Share this comment

We are re-vamping the Battlegrounds pvp area so this will inheritly promote more WoE and pvp environments to become more populated. Other than that if you want people to join pvp just put a message in the #recruit chat or message GM Blackstar to promote a timeslot for pvp and I'm sure he'll be happy to facilitate your request.

Share this comment