• What to not suggest

We've been getting a lot of people suggesting the same things over and over again. Amongst these are a couple of suggestions that just will not happen on the server.

Item recoveries, Change of rates, 3rd Classes, Change of skills, Autoloot & Area Pickup, GTB and Maya Purple Card changes

Any new topics regarding these subjects will be closed.

• Sign in to follow this  

Reducing KS in farming maps (or any map)

benyamin
    • Declined

Most people KS at farm maps because they want to gain more zeny.

- so why not implement a zeny penalty everytime they get ks warning ? (like 50k or so, idk)

if "greed" is their main motivation to KS, i bet this will deter them from KS-ing

- if the KS-er got no zeny, they get HP penalty (like 25% from max hp or so, idk)

this will make KS-er spend some of their assets on healing consumables, and also consume their time to rewalk to that map if they died because of that penalty.

anyone can suggest some more details, its open suggestion

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Imagine lvling your merchant by letting your high level character tank the mob, but forgot to turnoff the @noks command.
    Anyway, there's already a built-in recorder here so you can record your whole farming session, and have your own collection of KSing people. You can use that recordings to later blackmail them. /no1

Share this comment

If you truely want to punish a kser simply make it so they can’t pick up loot if they keep ksing 

Share this comment

tbh, auto mute system creates a different mindset for KS-er.

in my experience, farmer doesnt care wether they get muted or not because they can just afk in town when they get muted or just change to another char (dual client to wait for mute to end while keeps farming).

or some ppl may see this auto mute system as a "break check point".

"oh, i got muted already ? time to end farm for today i guess" --> and then repeat KS-ing for tomorrow.

However with penalty system,

KS-er will actually avoid KS-ing alltogether because that will harm their ultimate goal (namely zeny / zeny per hour in case they died from penalty).

purely hypothesis tho, just trying to make farming experience less stressful.

maybe there should be a survey "why do you KS / what punishment that do you think will make you KS less / why do you KS everyday even when you got muted / etc" to actually understand a KS-er mindset and creates a solution for the root problem.

Edited by benyamin

Share this comment

Cause they need like 15 warnings now for the system finally kicks in... So no... It doesnt work correctly.

Edited by Aardappel

Share this comment

The issue is different skills.  A wizard casting storm gust is not visible to someone moving around from off-screen into the area until the skill casts.  makes it pretty hard to blame them.  (i've accidentally kited mobs into others skills,  saw them afterwards on the far side of the skill from me).  Another skill is Sniping shot. which does a piercing straight line,  As I play sniper, i've had that one trigger on me a few times.  Had to start kiting and then doubling back to make sure there was a WALL behind the shot when I was farming in a denser place.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Aardappel said:

Cause they need like 15 warnings now for the system finally kicks in... So no... It doesnt work correctly.

And why not file a bug report about that? 

Share this comment

I tried to ban people with Screenshots I made, but all I get is: you need multiple SS's of multiple moments with the ks-ers name visible... 

Any idea how hard that is? So I gave up.

Share this comment

I don't understand what you mean. Aren't we talking about the auto-mute system?

Share this comment

Well... Hereby.

Just wanted to point out. No matter how, its now impossible to convict a ks-er.

Share this comment

okay, i just test auto mute system with two of my chars,

here's what i got :

1. noks will NOT activate unless you are in a party (doesnt matter how many person is in the pt)

2. you will get ONE ks warning even when you repeatedly KS the same mob (im using /nc, and only got 1 warning)

3. i tried luring another mob with my tanker while tanking the 1st mob,

and then hitting it with my test char using /nc. my test char did not get second KS warning.

i already do some Screenshoot, but for some reason they turn grey and wobbly, wut

screenTalonRO000.jpg

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, Aardappel said:

Just wanted to point out. No matter how, its now impossible to convict a ks-er.

You make no sense.

26 minutes ago, benyamin said:

1. noks will NOT activate unless you are in a party (doesnt matter how many person is in the pt)

You can toggle that with the !noks command.

26 minutes ago, benyamin said:

2. you will get ONE ks warning even when you repeatedly KS the same mob (im using /nc, and only got 1 warning)

There is a chat spam protection in place.

27 minutes ago, benyamin said:

3. i tried luring another mob with my tanker while tanking the 1st mob,

and then hitting it with my test char using /nc. my test char did not get second KS warning.

See 2.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Aardappel said:

I tried to ban people with Screenshots I made, but all I get is: you need multiple SS's of multiple moments with the ks-ers name visible... 

Any idea how hard that is? So I gave up.

I think its best to take a video or make a gif of the person you're trying to report someone. If someone keeps on Ksing you, I'm pretty sure you can record plenty of videos/gifs of him doing the same thing to you over and over. Its easier now with replay in our client. You could also use video recording apps such as ShareX and Bandicam.

Share this comment

Um... the KS command does not kick in until you HIT the mob, and then is does expire after a set amount of time (because if you flywing away the mob needs to go back to unclaimed for someone else to kill). 

There is no practical way of coding a ks command for if a mob if just following you around, even though that does break the KS rule for mobs being claimed.

Only thing I guess I wish that might help for recording etc. do we have a way to toggle names to always display?  (pretty sure there is and i'm just not using it)

Share this comment