• What to not suggest

We've been getting a lot of people suggesting the same things over and over again. Amongst these are a couple of suggestions that just will not happen on the server.

Item recoveries, Change of rates, 3rd Classes, Change of skills, Autoloot & Area Pickup, GTB and Maya Purple Card changes

Any new topics regarding these subjects will be closed.

• Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts for a Friend list tab on the Control Panel

GM Creed
    • Declined

We have received an interesting suggestion regarding adding a tab for the friend list  that unifies all your accounts friend lists, so you don't have to add the same person multiple times, and can know on which alt your friend is on just by opening the panel. After much deliberation and mixed view points we'd like to hear your thoughts on possibly implementing this feature (post iduna) or if you would prefer to have your friend list isolated to the individual characters they are linked to as they are currently in game.

We look forward to hearing from you ^.^

Edited by GM Creed

• Like 1
    • Love 1
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hm,  I like this idea.  can be annoying to remember to add a friend to multiple accounts if you play characters on different ones and then having to add each of their multiple accounts to see if they are online.  Would cut down the complexity of that situation.  

Not too sure on how many people will care about them being separate, as I think for most people that ends up a more niche situation.

Share this comment

I'm not a fan of that idea. There's plenty of ways to communicate with your friends via guild chat, party chat (I heard that idunna will have some other types of group chats?) and discord to boot. Having some privacy on your alts is also a major point for me, personally.

• Wah 1

Share this comment

I guess since this is post Iduna, if there are new friend features being implemented already just due to the interface upgrade then might want to wait post iduna to think about a final verdict.  Might depend on other features, like if we want privacy on an alt, can we hide out online status from our friends list,  and do we need to accept a friends request? or it the game setup that you add a friend and it just puts them on your list without them needing to approve it.  (Will say I haven't actually used the ingame friends feature in quite sometime as it's just easier to keep track of friends outside of the game, which made the in-game feature not worth dealing with.

Share this comment

This, however, will somehow deprive the other person's privacy not letting him/her able to choose whether to befriend him/her in just one of his/her characters or not. 

Share this comment

If it's not too late - can we make this an option that people can choose whether they can be seen on all accounts or not?

Share this comment

i cee... with all comment up here, i realize no one want be my friends, since every names in my friends list never online again after meet and add to friendlist by me /sob

Share this comment

On 7/7/2019 at 8:19 PM, Conscendo said:

If it's not too late - can we make this an option that people can choose whether they can be seen on all accounts or not?

The whole idea is still under consideration (and doubt it will be implemented before Iduna) So  yes, suggestions still welcome.  Wonder if that will be possible or not.  Honestly just thinking some way of ingame of being able to set yourself invisible/offline might work as well.  But not sure how the system will be implemented.

Share this comment

If it was up to me I would keep checking ingame DBs to a minimum and do something like this:

• Add the option to befriend forum accounts, they are supposed to be unique for every real player
    • Add a CP page where you can select characters to be visible to friends (or maybe even public visibility)
    • Add a CP page for searching / displaying characters that have been set to visible in the page above

This way players have full control of visibility. It's Opt-In. You only need to do a check if characters exist when setting up visibility. You only need to check the online status when displaying search results / friend characters.

It could break when players delete or rename characters after setting them to visible but at worst they'd appear offline till the owner updates their visible characters. Don't think that would be a huge deal.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, DoucheEnrique said:

If it was up to me I would keep checking ingame DBs to a minimum and do something like this:

• Add the option to befriend forum accounts, they are supposed to be unique for every real player
    • Add a CP page where you can select characters to be visible to friends (or maybe even public visibility)
    • Add a CP page for searching / displaying characters that have been set to visible in the page above

This way players have full control of visibility. It's Opt-In. You only need to do a check if characters exist when setting up visibility. You only need to check the online status when displaying search results / friend characters.

It could break when players delete or rename characters after setting them to visible but at worst they'd appear offline till the owner updates their visible characters. Don't think that would be a huge deal.

This sounds simple, maybe,  but is honestly just an insane amount of coding to do this.  Most I could see is if someone added a character, would be a way to just add your other character names you want them to have access to on their friends list, but even that is giving me a headache in coding, 

Guessing this just won't be implemented, or maybe a two-fold system. 

Current system (add character in game and that's it)

A secondary system,  Add a forum account through a separate friends interface that will make the forums accounts friends with each other.   Would mean the current friends list would be left alone as it is with no changes and making the proposed system one that will start fresh (with maybe an option that anyone who has added one of your characters can be sent an invite to be forum account friends by choice and if accepted will open that system.

Share this comment

7 hours ago, ValheruWolf said:

This sounds simple, maybe,  but is honestly just an insane amount of coding to do this.  Most I could see is if someone added a character, would be a way to just add your other character names you want them to have access to on their friends list, but even that is giving me a headache in coding, 

I don't think it would be "an insane amount". As far as I know Invision already supports stuff like friends and social groups so my guess is they just have to be activated / configured. An online check by the control panel on the character database would be necessary anyway. The only extra effort I can see would be creating a separate table / DB to store the "activated" characters and checking the friend list in the Forum DB to get the visibility rights.

• Like 1

Share this comment