• What to not suggest

We've been getting a lot of people suggesting the same things over and over again. Amongst these are a couple of suggestions that just will not happen on the server.

Item recoveries, Change of rates, 3rd Classes, Change of skills, Autoloot & Area Pickup, GTB and Maya Purple Card changes

Any new topics regarding these subjects will be closed.

• Sign in to follow this  

Unpopular maps

Reclusio Perpetua
    • Declined

Increase spawn and drop rates of unpopular maps. I got one suggestion that may contribute in popularizing current unpopular maps.

pay_dun00

Current spawn rate:

Zombies (20)

Skeleton (35)

Poporing (15)

Familiar (15)

Suggested spawn rate:

Zombies (60)

Skeleton (50)

Familiar (20)

Poporing (30)                                                                                                                                         

Current drop rates on this map should be doubled. Seems fair enough if you judge it for yourself.

I based the spawn rate in the official RO Episode 1.0 or beta days except that there were additional mobs such as spore and snake which the spawns are no longer available in RO sites because the RO official wikis were updated. Pay_dun00 was a popular map back then.

Players who played during the early days of RO (Episode 1.0) know this. I think adapting this would uplift in popularizing other maps and making them as competitive or alternative farming sites. I noticed that the server is focused on high-end mobs/maps. 

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I still think Payon Dungeon 00 is a popular go to destination for lower level chars so I think that this should be applied to other levels. But then the question will be why would people go there when there are better alternatives?

Share this comment

I posted this to start looking for the improvement of future unrecognized maps as competitive/alternative farming sites acceptable by players. The increase drop of opals may become competitive in comparison to farming sapphires on mobsters. And Skull Rings are also underfarmed. :) 

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua

Share this comment

In that case  some floors in Thanatos Tower could use a boost in spawn rate. I fondly remember a few times where we went there with a guild party. For lower level people, perhaps those that drop emeralds as well? 

But like I said in another suggestion, we need a zeny sink more than we need more places to farm at. 

Edited by Arya

Share this comment

The party requirement in Thanatos Tower may become a conflict to new low-level players though. That is possible and we still need to organize our ideas to make it applicable and convincing. I like where your idea is going, alternatives in raw zeny farming. See! I think the recent update and the feedback of players gave us more new possible ideas in improving the server without causing imbalances. /no1  

• Like 1

Share this comment

I realized that and that's why I added that bit about the emeralds. Thanatos might be good for mid tier players or as a guild activity. /ok I like this idea better than the other one about adding high value drops. Since with this, the drops are already established with the monster, it's just that the spawn rates kinda sucked. And yeah, gotta have that balance so both new and old players can still have fun. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

Thanatos Tower would become more popular if the drops there were actually good. I'm not just talking about the mvp himself but the monsters in the tower too.

Share this comment

Boosting mobs/maps in lower levels can make significant changes and may attract newbies especially old-time players of RO. This map is newbie friendly and suitable for all levels in farming and leveling for low-level chars. I don't see any imbalances about this btw. /no1 

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua

Share this comment

On 6/28/2016 at 1:58 AM, supernoodl said:

Thanatos Tower would become more popular if the drops there were actually good. I'm not just talking about the mvp himself but the monsters in the tower too.

That was what I was referring to. I guess it just slipped my mind that Thanatos the MVP actually resided there, because we never really bothered with him. Like sure, we'll check if he's there when we reached the top but we never expected him to be up cause he's being camped. xD

Share this comment

You've made a similar suggestion before and I think Boreas and Radius pretty much covered it.

Also,

What to not suggest
    Item recoveries, Change of rates, 3rd Classes, Change of skills, Autoloot & Area Pickup, GTB and Maya Purple Card changes

Share this comment