Dingo-kun @ Dong

Guide on Low Budget Super Novice

Tainaka Ritsu    457
6 hours ago, kkroto01 said:

this means you cannot YOLO those metaling at novice ground with fast dagger because there is a fair chance metaling will poke you to death, therefore negating the bonus for you.

Yeah this is true, the problem for starting super novices is how to avoid death at novice grounds while maximizing exp gain (and metalings are very few, it's actually frustrating to find and kill 100 of those). Let me share how I do it, reach level 40 at novice grounds (x8 rates), fast, easy and no death at all

9 STR, 9 AGI, 5 VIT and 5 DEX first stat allocation

Kill exactly 80 poporings (or some drops if you need that little exp but you're near death) using fast dagger and strong dagger. All stats you gained from levelling up should be allocated to INT, all of it. Once you got the wand, JT 40 metalings, you should be able to 1 hit them with JT. After killing a total of 120 monsters, you should be around level 39 (80%~) to level 40. Doing it this way lessens the stress of finding metalings and dying repeatedly. Dont forget to pick up loots since level 40-45 as a novice is best done via renting archer mercenary (10k per scroll and lasts 30 minutes) and buying mercenary blue potions (very cheap, 20 pcs should be enough) and DS those wolves (pick up those loots). You would be level 45 in 10 minutes or less including walking time lel.

• Like 2

kkroto01    187
8 hours ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

Kill exactly 80 poporings (or some drops if you need that little exp but you're near death) using fast dagger and strong dagger. All stats you gained from levelling up should be allocated to INT, all of it. Once you got the wand, JT 40 metalings, you should be able to 1 hit them with JT. After killing a total of 120 monsters, you should be around level 39 (80%~) to level 40. Doing it this way lessens the stress of finding metalings and dying repeatedly. Dont forget to pick up loots since level 40-45 as a novice is best done via renting archer mercenary (10k per scroll and lasts 30 minutes) and buying mercenary blue potions (very cheap, 20 pcs should be enough) and DS those wolves (pick up those loots). You would be level 45 in 10 minutes or less including walking time lel.

I usually start with 9 str, 9 agi, and 9 dex. My first 4 kills would be drops, then I would put 1 point in str just to round it up to 10, then dex until base 20-30, then all int, but your method works too

A few months ago, when I was making a gunslinger just for the lulz, I managed to leave the novice ground at base level 43, almost 44 even, thanks to 1 week worth of rest exp bonus /gg

howrah    811

yes, rest exp helps a lot :D it is not a bad idea, to make the char, let it sleepú for week and start lvling when the rest bonus pool is full :D

unlike you, I start in pront and lvl my novices in hidden temple - flywings for hunterfly are a must though..

Edited by howrah

howrah    811
11 hours ago, AdityaMulya said:

any idea for higher level farming?

i could only think about sleeper/mavka

SN gefenia farming for example.. I think thats melee though - just check this section of forums and see where ppl use SN..

Zed X    51
On 25/01/2016 at 0:43 AM, Dingo-kun @ Dong said:

I want to share this method to everyone on TalonRO that are interested of being a Super Novice !!

To be a Super Novice u have to be Base Lv 45 and Job Lv 10 as a Novice, by then u can talk to the Job Changer NPC and he will make u into a Super Novice

Pros and Cons ;

Pros :

• All of the first class skills can be used by Super Novice.
  • U can be any role, Example: Bolter, Greeder ( Looting ), Support.
  • Can reach IC ( Instant Cast ) without dex gears and kaho. * Not for a Super Baby of course *
  • Cheap Gears already can made u look like a PRO.
  • When u level up each time, You'll receive buff stats. Example : Kyrie Eleison , Magnificat, Gloria, Suffragium, Impositio Manus

Cons :

• Low HP & SP pool, Real Low !! This can be overcome by Gears and Cards.
  • People don't trust Super Novice on Party, So u could hardly be invited to join any Leveling/ Farming Party, So basically you are a Solo player. But I don't find this a problem !
  • Limited Gears, Most gear had the label of All Jobs except Novice, that novice include super novice so, You can't wear any gears the rest of the players are wearing, but they can't wears yours too :D 
  • The only job that needed Base Lv 45 to job change, leveling a Novice from base Lv1 to 45? HOoO without skills? yeah serious its kinda hard for newbie but it'll pay off !

I recommend new players to stay on Training Ground ( when u first created your char u start off there ), leveling until base at least 45 to be able to job change to Super Novice !

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let start off with GEARS !! LOW BUDGET ONE !!

• Headgear : Super Novice Hat [1] ( Slotted is can only be bought from players for 100k ~ 150k or Dropped by Holden [1.5%] )

All stats +1

• Recommended Card : Incubus Card  [ Price : 300k ~ 500k ]

INT - 3, Maximum SP + 150, SP Recovery - 20%
[+ Succubus]
INT + 4, SP Recovery + 30%

• Middle : Cyclop's Eye [0] ( Can be equipped after being Soul Linked at Lv90 and above , applied to all headgear upper, mid or lower ) [ Price 300k ]

+50 SP

• Lower : Iron Cain ( Can be equipped after being Soul Linked at Lv90 and above , applied to all headgear upper, mid or lower ) [ Price 20k ]

DEF 1 *Pretty nice to have def on a lower headgear*

• Armor : Novice Breastplate ( Can be bought from NPC at Yuno )screenTalonRO010.thumb.jpg.e176dd7f2983f

Max HP + 2000

• Recommended Card : Succubus Card [ Price 300k ~ 500k ]

VIT - 3, Maximum HP + 1000, HP Recovery - 20%
[+ Incubus]
VIT + 4, HP Recovery + 30%

• Weapon : Hypnotist's Staff [2] ( Can be bought from players around price of 15k~50k , Dropped by Sandman and Sleeper [Both 0.15%] )

INT + 1, MATK + 25%

• Recommended Card : 2 Necromancer Card [ Price 200k ]

[+ Rod-type weapon]
INT + 1, Add a 2% Magical Defense bypass.

• Shield : Novice Shield [1] ( Can be bought from NPC at Ligthalzen )
    screenTalonRO007.thumb.jpg.4458e4fa9c2c3screenTalonRO008.thumb.jpg.35da8e01f28eb

Add a 20% resistance against property attacks (All except Neutral).

• Recommended Card : Flame Skull Card [ Price 200k ] *This can save your life on most situation, no joke*

Add a 30% resistance against Stun, Curse, Blind, Stone Curse.
Add a chance of auto casting Stun, Curse, Blind, Stone Curse when the user receives Physical Damage.

• Robe : Somber Novice Hood [0] ( You start of with this as a Novice, Unless u lost it? Can be bought from NPC at Prontera Upper Middle for 1 zeny oh goodie )
  • *This is basically using a Garment with Raydric Card on :P*

Increase resistance to Neutral Property attacks by 20%.
Impossible to refine this item.

• Shoes : Novice Shoes [1] (Can be bought from NPC at Lighthalzen)

Maximum HP + 5%

• Recommended Card : Eggyra ( Less than 100k ) hardly be found for sale.

SP Recovery + 15%

*No card is okay though*

• Accessories : Novice Armlet [1] ( Can be bought from NPC at Prontera middle right building )  / Clip [1] ( Can be bought from player at 150k or dropped by Dragon Fly [90%]

Novice Armlet :  STR + 1, INT + 1, LUK + 1

Clip : Maximum SP + 10

• Recommended Card : Siroma Card [Price 400k~600k]

Reduce Casting Time of Cold Bolt by 25%. Inflict 25% more damage with Cold Bolt.

screenTalonRO013.jpg.b7ffa20628f506c34d9

Now to the Stats :

• 99 Base DEX
  • 94 Base INT
  • 26 Base AGI

Why I choose AGI instead of VIT? Super Novice has low HP gain on VIT stats so i recommend to get AGI instead since Attention Concentrate *Skill* increase 12% AGI & DEX !!

Leveling to level 60 and Above :

Get Soul Strike 10 At least, then head to GHP or GHC and leveling until u got enough job levels.

Recommended to leveling until Lv75 Base and Lv70 Job.

Now Skill Build for Farming with these gears : The number means amount of skill point input on the skill, Red for must have skill, Blue for recommended amount of skill point that must be input to that skill.

• Blessing 10 ( Increase STR, INT & DEX )
  • Owl's Eye 10 ( Increase DEX )
  • Attention Concentrade 10 ( Increase AGI & DEX )
  • Steal 10 ( To get extra loot from monsters )
  • Cold Bolt 10 ( Your only offensive skill, Its to match up with the Siroma Card )
  • Agi Up 10 ( Movement Speed and AGI )
  • Teleportation 2 ( For Maneuver purposes )
  • Heal 8 ( For Recovering your HP )
  • Increase Dodge 10 ( Increase FLEE for your survivability )
  • Enlarge Weight Limit 5 ( To Hold more item and loots )
  • Increase Spiritual Power 5 ( Recover SP , this skill helps u a lot since u have low SP pool )
  • Some other skills will be up for skill above to be unlocked, and the remaining points can be use up on skills as your needs.

Farming Spots : Farming Spots are your leveling spots :) 

• Toy Factory F2 ( Myst Case ) Hunt cakes and chiqita box

Method for how to farm there:

• Steal *Myst Case*  -> Cold Bolt . Heal yourself if necessary 
  • screenTalonRO253.jpg.2e300f6e6271eb772fcscreenTalonRO255.jpg.7ec2be86e76b8258692screenTalonRO268.jpg.97e4434a23b1a0bfeebscreenTalonRO272.jpg.d476b7045464a84e48d

Total Spending on Gearing Up = Around 3.5m

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________End of Part 1

Part 2 Stay tuned, Part 2 Decent Geared and Better Farming Spot for higher levels and Super Novice secrets.

Credit :

Tainaka Ritsu https://forum.talonro.com/profile/188050-tainaka-ritsu/ ( For helping and using her char as example, and the price check too )

Keanu Reaves ( In game name is Keanu Reaves, He was gone long time ago and he taught me the way to play Super Novice. So gonna credit him too )

Wooooooow!!!!! /sobThanks for the guide Dingo-kun.. and to Tainaka Ritsu and Keanu Reaves.. this guide is what i needed for my SN..

Edited by Zed X

howrah    811
9 hours ago, Zed X said:

Wooooooow!!!!! /sobThanks for the guide Dingo-kun.. and to Tainaka Ritsu and Keanu Reaves.. this guide is what i needed for my SN..

you dont need to quote the whole wall of text - just delete the wall and put "..." - my finger hurts from scrolling down :D

• Like 1

Zed X    51
Just now, howrah said:

you dont need to quote the whole wall of text - just delete the wall and put "..." - my finger hurts from scrolling down :D

lol.. thanks ..still not familiar with technology yet lol

• Like 1

fumiddition    355

This is my first time playing a Super Novice (also new to the server) and I find this guide really helpful as I was starting up!/fshThank you so much for the informative read!

GayBoy    103
On 1/25/2016 at 0:43 AM, Dingo-kun @ Dong said:

Part 2 Stay tuned, Part 2 Decent Geared and Better Farming Spot for higher levels and Super Novice secrets.

Is been 1 year, 3 months, 24 days, 23 hours, 56 minutes and 30 seconds and still going. :Abs:

And i'm still waiting for your part 2, did i miss your part 2 somewhere? /desp

• Like 1

Sorry guys, i am too busy and really not that active in the game anymore so i dont think its possible for me to do the part 2. If only i ever get back to the game..../desp

I deeply apologize for this.

GayBoy    103
20 hours ago, Dingo-kun @ Dong said:

Sorry guys, i am too busy and really not that active in the game anymore so i dont think its possible for me to do the part 2. If only i ever get back to the game..../desp

I deeply apologize for this.

Alright. Understand, will be happy to hear if you do come back again./gawi

jadenea    1

Allow me to offer my SN.

Jossilyn is a caster-type SN and my very first character in tRO. Being poor initially (and mostly still poor, haha), I use pretty basic stuff but this SN can outfight and out-support even SN's with Kaho. The typical caster-type SN usually goes for 150dex and mobs using Thunderstorm.

Gear:

• Angel's Kiss with Isilla card
  • INT mid with Incubus card
  • Angelic Protection with Succubus card
  • Hypnotist Staff with 2x Necromancer card
  • Angelic Guard with Teddy Bear card
  • Angel's Reincarnation with Gold Acidus card
  • Novice Armlet with Lude card
  • Novice Armlet with Quve card

Stats:

• STR=1, AGI=83, VIT=11, INT=99, DEX=45, LUK=1

At 99/99, I have 5954 hp (a bit lower than original guide) and 607 sp (much more than original guide).

More importantly, heals for 2436 hp and has 260 FLEE. Can tank mimics and survive many places. Primary killing spells are firewall and firebolt. In GHC, can kill mobs just as fast as a ME Priest and better than a Wiz. Catch is you need to know vertical Firewall.

I have 4 SNs now (so fun). One variant is similar but dropped Attention Concentrate for a cart. FLEE is still plenty great. Now can mob longer and stay in the field for longer. Cart is to store loot. None of my SNs consume any supplies.

Hope this helps.

jossi_sn.jpg

• Like 1