vladster88

Super Novice melee

So i have a Super novice bolter which is well equiped thanks to the past suggestions by people commenting in general. I would like to expand on the possible farming areas of SN and thought of making a melee build and getting melee equips. So can anyone give me advice on a good melee build, both skills and equips.

I would point you to "Extended Classes" subforum. /ok

Lots of suno threads there, and you can start a new thread. /ok

PS the question is very vague, any place you like to hunt specifically? Super novice is versatile and can do most dungeons alone and almost any dungeon with party~

46 minutes ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

I would point you to "Extended Classes" subforum. /ok

Lots of suno threads there, and you can start a new thread. /ok

PS the question is very vague, any place you like to hunt specifically? Super novice is versatile and can do most dungeons alone and almost any dungeon with party~

only place i know melee super novices to farm is geffenia, im especially interested in builds though that use the SN SQI

supernovice melee use to much skill point for skill so i rarely use that.... if i can use magic i rather use magic :D (except some place that i need to change melee)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

Just imagine a melee super novice as a hybrid swordie tankyness and thief class flee and flying crits + the convenient skills of acolyte and merchant /slur 

see im honestly confused about the melee skill build like for those who go crit, do they still bother with double attack? also for a geffenia farmer do they mob with sqi like vamp smiths or are basically tanky stalker/swordies? do melee SN farm in other places than geffenia? what is the item build for a melee, do they go kaho or valk helm?

Just now, Tainaka Ritsu said:

Crit and double attack aren't the best of friends

so its best to stick with one, if so which is the more preffered if lets say you are a geffenia farmer?

1 hour ago, vladster88 said:

so its best to stick with one, if so which is the more preffered if lets say you are a geffenia farmer?

I'd prefer Crit to bypass the DEF. Geffenia mobs are known to have high DEF. :)

I never played SuNo but the 99 Skill points of first job characters intrigues me. Having a good combination of skills be it for Magic or for Melee could do better than other classes. The downside though is the equipment since Super Novices are limited to what they can wear.

just check the "extended" section.. there are builds.. there are answers...

you seem to be the kind of person, who will just copy what others made - so go there and do it accordingly..

later on, you will hopefully find out how it works (game mechanics - like def+crits, def piercing equips, etc..) and you will know what other places you can go, what equips you need to change so that it will suit YOUR gamestyle..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vladster88 said:

Crit, because of their High DEF.

I use SN to do Geff few months ago, and this is my build,

https://calc.talonro.com/?caubLbLbCbDapabahaSAbaawpefnaQaQaaiphhHaaaaaahkaawifdwFeQclirgwfjgZfAbPfAbPehheaokakfkkakbaabaabkkaaaaaaaabaaab9aaaaHaaaabaLaMaRaT

BoA bonus should be, Aspersio, Aura Blade, 100ATK and 1 free slot, i'd prefer HP increase.

too poor for Bris[Ifrit] and kinda not worth it to put Ifrit card on other acc, l use novice armlet [kobold] instead.. /sob

80 CRIT, you can also try use CRIT food. they're cheap.

i'll leave this here. my incomplete SN Build.

Ideal Accessory would be : Brisingamen[Ifrit]

for Headgears: Valkyrie Helm[Gryphon]

for Weapon : DDB or BSnSn or DBSn

screenTalonRO002.jpg

• Like 1

I use my sn to farm juperos, geffenia. Im still figuring out how to farm abyss lake with my sn. Crit is always nice but im having a hard time using the fury enchant for the +50 crit. I can do it but it is troublesome. :)

1 hour ago, SGxPeperoni said:

I use my sn to farm juperos, geffenia. Im still figuring out how to farm abyss lake with my sn. Crit is always nice but im having a hard time using the fury enchant for the +50 crit. I can do it but it is troublesome. :)

gloom+cursed water XD and bapho weapon ofc *wink wink*

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wakpee3 said:

i'll leave this here. my incomplete SN Build.

Ideal Accessory would be : Brisingamen[Ifrit]

for Headgears: Valkyrie Helm[Gryphon]

for Weapon : DDB or BSnSn or DBSn

screenTalonRO002.jpg

so bris ifrit is better than a megingjard? also why not gloom breastplate and a gtb shield?

may i ask is it advisable to use gec or a different card on foot gear?

I'm pretty sure he's using that card instead of gloom since the dark attack that is used in geff gets negated. The shield he uses is probably just for extra defense from mobs, since the armor does what the GTB would have done for him.

Ifrit bris would provide more stats than just straight damage. Since SN's tend to be a squisher class, I can see why he would choose to use that. 

(May have gotten a couple things wrong, hopefully not. Not a SN player myself)

• Like 2

Don't forget that you got stuff that pierces DEF apart from Critical: Thanatos Card, Provoke and Signum Crucis skill (you don't need both Provoke and Signum, and Provoke takes less skill points).

Main advantage of those is that they are usually enough to break it (Provoke is enough, in general), letting you get Double Attack and DEX, that you also need to use Steal on the enemies.

There was a thread where we were commenting about SuNos for Geffenia, not sure if here or in General Discussion.

Also, Bathory can be swapped for GUN and GTB if you're Melee type, as long as you switch from time to time to reload on those SP that you will get drained for sure (you need the feet with Mysteltainn, if possible) and that you'll need to feed your Provoke/Signum.

https://calc.talonro.com/?caubLbLbHbyadaYababAbaawpeaQaQfnaaiphccaaaaaahkaawjfdwDeQhPirgwfjgdfMaafMaaehheaoakkaakbkaaabaabkkaaaaaaaabaaab9bkaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaabaLaRaTaN

If you don't mind losing some damage, Bathory + Hodremlin/Tirfing is a safer bet, yeah.

Can i throw a question here. Im thinking of maya shield for a swap shield. Is the auto guard good for a melee sn? Or the delay would kill my aspd while hitting mobs? I have not tried using maya shield on any class so i have no idea about the autoguard. 

for me i use reduce, aspersio just make thing hard for angel in there, like ritsu said i use crit and double atk when my double atk not came out at least my normal atk crit

Edited by NeoArtS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NeoArtS said:

for me i use reduce, aspersio just make thing hard for angel in there, like ritsu said i use crit and double atk when my double atk not came out at least my normal atk crit

If not using Bapho card, better just Tele find Succu/Incu > kill > loot > tele > repeat. Not worth it to kill angel anyway.

13 hours ago, GM Azul said:

Since SN's tend to be a squisher class, I can see why he would choose to use that. 

(May have gotten a couple things wrong, hopefully not. Not a SN player myself)

Because some people lazy to make slave char (Me included), SN for self buff and heal xD

2 hours ago, NeoArtS said:

so better to not get aspersio? also im guessing SN mobs in geffenia like vamp smiths

5 hours ago, azurhialine said:

Don't forget that you got stuff that pierces DEF apart from Critical: Thanatos Card, Provoke and Signum Crucis skill (you don't need both Provoke and Signum, and Provoke takes less skill points).

Main advantage of those is that they are usually enough to break it (Provoke is enough, in general), letting you get Double Attack and DEX, that you also need to use Steal on the enemies.

There was a thread where we were commenting about SuNos for Geffenia, not sure if here or in General Discussion.

Also, Bathory can be swapped for GUN and GTB if you're Melee type, as long as you switch from time to time to reload on those SP that you will get drained for sure (you need the feet with Mysteltainn, if possible) and that you'll need to feed your Provoke/Signum.

https://calc.talonro.com/?caubLbLbHbyadaYababAbaawpeaQaQfnaaiphccaaaaaahkaawjfdwDeQhPirgwfjgdfMaafMaaehheaoakkaakbkaaabaabkkaaaaaaaabaaab9bkaaaaaaaaaaaHaaaabaLaRaTaN

If you don't mind losing some damage, Bathory + Hodremlin/Tirfing is a safer bet, yeah.

if you are critting for the most wouldnt provoke and signum be a waste? also if you are mobbing as an SN wouldnt eddga be a better bet?

@Lamia yes because i use bapho when i atk there some came to me so i dont have choice to atk :D and if i mob reduce also important

@vladster88 hmmm if you mobbing even SN i think it still gec good... because you not priest that kitting enemy, because you stop then atk enemy so i better use GEC rather Eddga (max hp sp and regen problem too)..... beside if just for run 1 skill point for endure lvl 1 still can :D (why lvl 1 because i just need to run away it enough, ps:different lvl 1 and lvl 10 only time endure active)

Edited by NeoArtS
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

gloom+cursed water XD and bapho weapon ofc *wink wink*

i forgot to consider this using gloom card but does it even stack with the bapho splash damage?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.