Sign in to follow this  
GM Howl

The Twelve Judges of Midgard: Chapter Five - Vanaheim

12judgesvana.png

[Now in 1080p!]

If you see only one Twelve Judges video, this is the one!

Recap: Following the journey through Rachel to meet with the High Priestess Roslin, Father Kilgannon and the group uncover a second tome that tells more of the story of the original Twelve Judges of Midgard. In their battle with the Justice Aerilon, Roslin and Kilgannon learn that the only way to potentially uncover the source of the Judges' power is to travel to the ancient and fabled realm of the Vanir: Vanaheim. The Vanir were a wise group of mythical beings, whose knowledge was essential to both the gods of Asgard and the humans of Midgard. During their emigration into Asgard, the Vanir sealed off the entrance to Vanaheim, never to be disturbed again. However, if the group can once more uncover how to access the pathway to Vanaheim, they may just uncover the secret to defeating the Judges, as well as uncovering a new world unlike anything within Midgard.

Chapter Four takes us beyond the worlds of Midgard and into a new realm, with a new world never before seen. TalonRO is pleased to debut this world premier map exclusive to our server. The adventure beyond Midgard begins in Chapter Five: Vanaheim.

eventdetails.png

Time:

Sunday, September 16, 2012.

9:00pm Pacific Time

(September 17th, 0600 Server Time)

--What time is the Event in my Time Zone?--

Where:

Portal opens in Payon; event will begin after initial gathering.

How long:

Please anticipate this event to take approximately 80 minutes.

judgebar.png

What to expect:

This event will be primarily geared toward an MVP battle and other mini-battles. Participants should prepare accordingly, though given the volume of people expected, all players are welcome and able to join. Players will initially participate together as one big group, with the entire group needing to work together in order to complete Chapter Five.

This chapter will also required you to be fully patched, as Vanaheim is an exclusive TalonRO map. This will mean that all players must have current patches from TalonRO in order to participate.

This event is also meant to be a loosely-themed Role Playing Event, meaning that the battles, tasks, and adventures will be wrapped around a storyline requiring active participation. Players should also review both the Crystal Defense component and the Ranking System component to further understand what to expect in Chapter Four

Ranking Impact:

All four previous chapters have been completed with an S-Rank. The Crystal Defense will also be tuned for a more challenging attack pattern. The S-Rank will also carry a positive influence on the final prizes available in the forthcoming prize NPC for this event. All ranks will influence the choices made available during the subsequent chapter, as well as influence (postively or negatively) the prizes available when exchanging Celestial Crystals.

See you in Chapter Five! For a more complete tour of Vanaheim, view our exclusive overview below!

vanaheim.png

Presenting Vanaheim - an exclusive TalonRO map.

We are pleased to unveil for the first time an exclusive brand new world to TalonRO as part of the mini-series event "The Twelve Judges of Midgard." This new world pushes the boundaries of what is possible in Ragnarok Online, taking you to a realm that is familiar within RO, but goes beyond what the humans of Midgard have built into a new world.

Vanaheim is the work of both GM Howl and legendary RO mapper Olrox. Together, we partnered to create a world that pushed the envelope of what is possible within RO to bring you a world that is both unparalleled and unique.

Our hope is that Vanaheim is a completely new and unfamiliar world to all players, even the most seasoned RO player. The intention here was to create something that felt like a new realm or dimension while placing this new world directly into the heart of the RO experience: pioneering, exploratory, fun, ethereal, full of light, and radiating magic.

Vanaheim is an exclusive TalonRO map - meaning no other server has or will have this wonderful new world. We hope that you enjoy this new realm and new content in a way that reclaims the spirit of RO while presenting something that stirs the imagination.

We invite you to view the video below, which will take you through a detailed overview of the world of Vanaheim, including getting to listen to Vanaheim's BGM! In it, you will see how each texture, building, object, and pattern was painstakingly built by hand and from scratch, while blending in aspects of RO that all players have come to know with detailed familiarity.

Presenting Vanaheim - the Realm of the Vanir.

A TalonRO Exclusive Map.

overviewdone2.png

Please enjoy and remember that Impossible is Nothing!

Ooooooo! :D

EDIT: Ugh it reminds me so much of Rivendell... I wanna live there!!! @_@ Seriously, my heart skipped a beat watching the video and that does NOT happen all that often. xD

A... a new world?! Vanaheim!!??

I was informed of the filming with Howl, but my friends forgot to spoil the best news of it!! Liquid amazingness, Howl! I'll certainly try to be present for the next judgement.

Also *cough*the whitesmith is Aya, not Tera-- Tera was the champ*cough*

This is amazing work, Howl and Orlox!

I can't wait to explore Vanaheim, and the next chapter of 12 Judges!

I was informed of the filming with Howl, but my friends forgot to spoil the best news of it!! Liquid amazingness, Howl! I'll certainly try to be present for the next judgement.

I was held under a gag order, though for 3 months longer than everyone else XD It was totally worth it though.

Ah hah....whoops. I'll edit a new version up~ :) Thanks for the catch, I just wrote them down incorrectly. I'll have a corrected version up tomorrow!

I was held under a gag order, though for 3 months longer than everyone else XD It was totally worth it though.

And thank you for your assistance. :) Much appreciated!

*drooling*

This is amazing work, Howl and Orlox!

I can't wait to explore Vanaheim, and the next chapter of 12 Judges!

So excited its coming back :D

Ooooooo! :D

EDIT: Ugh it reminds me so much of Rivendell... I wanna live there!!! @_@ Seriously, my heart skipped a beat watching the video and that does NOT happen all that often. xD

Wow GM Howl... nothing but pure awe...

Excited! Wai to go, Howl!

Awesome!! Thank you so much for your excitement. It's been a real work in progress, and I'm happy to finally unveil it. I hope that you all enjoy it as much as I do. :)

I hope that you all enjoy it as much as I do. :)

That's the most interesting part of putting something together... seeing how other people respond to it. I've made some maps for other games. The last time I did a big one, the audience was uneasy...

One playtester likened it to walking through a block of swiss-cheese, due to its complex layout and unusual changes in elevation (the map is 3D, for a first-person shooter). I add signs, and playtesters still remark about feeling lost. Some complained of lag, yet I was more efficient with my polygons than most official maps for the game. And still others will say it's too dark or too light, depending on their monitors. I got a complaint for setting my map underground-- they liked seeing sky, I guess.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Be prepared for a lack of consensus :P since players can be a varied & whiny bunch.

Scared Realm xD

Hahaha - inevitably, there's always one typo in my videos. I'm convinced of this. :P

;__; Didn't you say it will be on Saturday last chapter?...that's like...Monday morning for poor EU people. I wanna go too /sob

Nothing but eyegasm. <3 Splendid Job GM Howl and Olrox :D

now, *wipes drool*.

Because of this, I would try my best to be at the event this Sunday. >.<

I don't want to miss Vanaheim!!

Sign in to follow this