Mosjoandy

TalonRO Wizard/HW DEX Gear Progression Guide [150 DEX] ~ Finalized

Great guide, but can you expand on the leveling options? Specially after rebirth.

Edited by Achelexus

6 hours ago, Achelexus said:

Great guide, but can you expand on the leveling options? Specially after rebirth.

GHC is still the best especially that it's absolutely doable solo. Alternatively, Jupitel Thunder is a pretty impressive skill so Babilian lv4-5 or Ice dun 1-3 also works great.

Rebirth spots are the same. You can go anywhere but these will be the fastest places. Things only change as you become IC (or getting pretty close to it) and start getting reduction gears. That opens up places like Abbey, Thor1/3, Thana, Juperos, GMC, ET. All great leveling places.

1 minute ago, Achelexus said:

Do you know the minimum level/gear requirements to start being called to parties at these high level dungeons? 

This questions may belong to another thread and is offtopic here.

You can go to these places as soon as you can survive with a party. This obviously mean that everyone's performance is counted. Bigger party usually mean better chance but large parties can easily get chaotic which results a wipe sooner than later. Wizz + Priest + Tank/Lurer (+ Hunter/physical damdeal as optional) setup works at all places, pick more from each role if not sure about outcome. Check the spoiler for details. 

Also, you don't necessarily need to be IC but that's much easier. Many parties requires it from wizz so you also have a better chance to be invited finally.

Spoiler

Ice Dun 2-3 - Priest + Wizz, no gear requirements.

Odin 3 - Priest + Wizz + someone who takes cares of Frus/Skoguls (hunter typically), no gear requirements. HW-HP also works but slower.

Abbey - Priest + Wizz + someone to either kill or disarm banshees (pushing them away is more than enough). Bathory carded armor makes a huge difference

Thor - Priest + Wizz, fire armor (pasana card or volcano) and proper usage of pneuma skill. I tried it with geared lv70-80 HW and still pretty painful. You can go with either larger party or more reduction gears. 

Juperos 3 - Priest + Wizz (SG) + Wizz (LOV) / hunter / lurer-tank and proper usage of pneuma skill 

Thana - 1-2 Priests + Wizz + Physical damdealer, pneuma is required on certain floors, someone tanky is paid off very well.

GMC/ET - GTB shield and missy headgear or 200 blue gems. Wizzard's role is rather support and mob control (hitlock the mobs with SG or LOV, slow them down, freeze the minions, etc.) in these parties than actual damage dealing. Quagmire, SG, Safety Wall are the most used skills, Ice Wall at GMC Black Talon and LOV is very useful in some cases instead of SG. 

• Like 2

These are great questions.   99+43 DEX is pretty fast cast and should land you in abbey and odin parties.  I haven't added food to my thread, but you could easily buy +5 dex food (green salad) to have 99+48 dex.  With 147 dex your cast time is pretty much instant.   The only times you might get caught up and interrupted is if you are in evil land in abbey, or super high speed attack mobs like salamander,  sword guardian, or dead branch plants.  

Edited by Mosjoandy
Spelling

Thanks for posting this guide.It's really giving me some directions as this is my first Wizard. Thank you very much

@Mosjoandy I think you need put one thing about INT in last tiers:

Increase of MATK - bonus to minimum MATK every 7 INT, bonus to maximum MATK every 5 INT. So good to calculate stats for 180-185-190 int in high end eq ;]

190 INT possible build:

https://calc.talonro.com/?cazbLbianabaWbzbKabdjaawzehGhGhGaanBhccaaaaaahkaawkg1wXeKhQyVizfjgLfLfafLfaeeeeadfkkbkaaaaaaacckaaadNaabaaaaaaakaaaaaaaHaHaabcmcncoct

There is a NNN SoM, evolved Desert Wolf for +2 INT (not shown) and +10 INT food. No stat points left. You can remove pet, change NNN for DDD for JT spam, and use cheap +5 INT food for 180 INT build.

Edited by Azgrim
  • No1 1

@Mosjoandy Don't forget  Briss [ Scraba card] 
good damag for magic attack . still can 150 dex w/o bless

Nice guide Masjoandy /no1 i like reading post with Pictures

Thank you a lot!

For a player like me who struggles with Ragnarok and the vast range of items, this is perfect! 

I have so many praises left but "perfect" sums it up.

Made me play wizard!

332261-19.jpg.ee60da4195d89906a95c72712a39d5be.jpg

• Like 2
  • No1 1