Mosjoandy

TalonRO Wizard/HW DEX Gear Progression Guide [150 DEX] ~ Finalized

Hi @Mosjoandy, @howrah and @Azgrim,

First of thank you for the very comprehensive guide that you have put together here @Mosjoandy. I have read a lot of the three of your replies to threads and would like some suggestions. My current equip is:

Top Headgear: LKH

Mid Headgear : Robo Eye

Bottom Headgear: Pirate Dagger

Armor: Lucius Armor Volcano (no dex) Agav Card

Garment : Stem worm muffler

Weapon: Survivors rod (drops)

Shield: Book of Charms (no card yet)

Footgear: GEC Shoes

Accessories : Orlean's Gloves (Sting) 2x

Stat are as follows:

Lvl 97 and Job Level :66

STR 1+23

AGI 1+7

VIT 12+5

INT 99+38

DEX 99+50

LUK 1+3

Basically, my questions would be:

1. How do I move forward and transition to end game content? I would like to farm at Thor and also solo Abbey.

2. Get more survivability and still keep instant cast with Staff of Magi as of yet.

3. Recommended skill usage at Thor and Abbey F3.

Right now at Abbey F3 I can use 1 SG to kill necromancers, the problem as always are the zombie slaughters. I know some of you have recommended to get a shield instead of book of charms and slot it with a tirfing card. Others have suggested gold thief bug to avoid the magic damage being dished out in Abbey and Thor. 

For Thor from what I have been reading I would need a fire armor but I am not sure what card would be suitable.

Also mid head gear vesper card or mistress as with mistress I would be able to spam safety wall. I understand it is about preferences so hence point 3 , would like some input on skill build.

Looking forward to your responses, cheers

pirate dagger is for ATK - you want MATK - 4leaf clover in mouth is good substitute

1 - SoM will help a lot - the bonuses will let you have IC and Survivability in the same time. Equip enchants also help - it will let you free some statpoints that can be used for vit

2 - the SQI bonuses will do large part of this - if you dont have to pump up your dex, you can have higher vit - or you can get bonuses that will help with survivability - this depends on how you play..

1+2 - muffler with some reduction - if zombies are problem, deviling will help. Get more books and card them - shield cards make a great difference - dont worry about GTB - from what you wrote, magical dmg is not a problem - or use something universal (tirfing/hodremlin) or something special, if you know what is causing you troubles (teddy bear) - for thors, it would be alice or penomena (alice is much better, since it protects you also from guardians)

mid headgear - HW/vesper - missy is kind of special - you should not need SW too much - unless you go alone somewhere, where you dont have enough room - since I dont use it too much, I will just carry some gems.

fire armour card - agav is not bad at all. RSX may be also good - but again, this depends on how you play - go without card and see if RSX would any good for you - if not, go for agav

celeb rings - it may seem as only few points here and there, but +10 to everything is really worth it.

3 - skillset is easy - amp. SG for dmg, JT for DMG and some pushback, quag, because it helps so much when they are chasing you. Thats what every HW should have.  SW and IW can save the day. crasher is very fast - kind of like knights provoke. souldrain works well with JT and if you are using EC, it is good to have some ways to fill SP pool. Ganba - not many people really understand this skill - if you will run "support" HW, this can be usefull in thors - you can ganba meteor storm - but let your priest know, so that he knows, when to pneuma.

so - get cards for book of charms, get SoM, get cards for garment and you will be all good - BTW stat foods are awesome! it is not as expensive and it makes wonders

I guess I can't say something more after howrah's answer. Even if we have different playstyle there is same basics for start as wizzi. More you play - more you will know, as for eq, as for skills.

Thanks guys for the input.

Just a recap on your advice @howrah:

1. Things I can possibly do now. Get 2 diff cards for books for Thor and Abbey ie alive for Thor and Hodremlin for Abbey. 

2. Muffler with deviling for Abbey. What kind of muffler would be best used with the deviling? Beach manteau or NSFM. Lucius' Armor Good for Thor already. Where does LEak card come into play?

3. Mid headgear down to playstyle - Mistress card if I am going to be spamming safety wall. If not this was where I am a bit confused, vesper is used for Bosses and HW for normal mobs. What are the monsters in Thor classed as mostly. Boss type? If so then vesper is more suitable there? Or does boss type actually mean MVPs? Also wanted to clarify that range attacks whilst safety walled would still go through right. Only a Pneuma cancels this out?

4. Get four clover leaf in mouth instead of PCB?

5, Are celeb rings really better than orleans glove even with the +3%MATK?

Sorry for the question. Noobie here :) Thanks for being patient

Edited by Adrienaline

21 minutes ago, Adrienaline said:

Thanks guys for the input.

Just a recap on your advice @howrah:

1. Things I can possibly do now. Get 2 diff cards for books for Thor and Abbey ie alive for Thor and Hodremlin for Abbey. 

2. Muffler with deviling for Abbey. What kind of muffler would be best used with the deviling? Beach manteau or NSFM. Lucius' Armor Good for Thor already. Where does LEak card come into play?

3. Mid headgear down to playstyle - Mistress card if I am going to be spamming safety wall. If not this was where I am a bit confused, vesper is used for Bosses and HW for normal mobs. What are the monsters in Thor classed as mostly. Boss type? If so then vesper is more suitable there? Or does boss type actually mean MVPs? Also wanted to clarify that range attacks whilst safety walled would still go through right. Only a Pneuma cancels this out?

4. Get four clover leaf in mouth instead of PCB?

5, Are celeb rings really better than orleans glove even with the +3%MATK?

Sorry for the question. Noobie here :) Thanks for being patient

Beach mant is good for thor 10% fire redux. otherwise, diablos/proxy.

Leak card = Glass cannon tactic. More INT less neutral redux.

I prefer valk shield [alice] for thor because extra fire redux. But up to you if you want 2 more INT

Mid vesper good for thor.

MVP is boss, but some non-MVP is also boss (kasa, salamander, guardians, odin's skegg, dark illusion, mini walk, necromancer, etc...)

mid mistress is good but you're not gonna spam sw all day. If you can get one after hw/vesper then just carry it for swap

safety wall only block melee. Ranged would still hit you. Only pneuma block range attack. But they can't be cast on the same cell at the same time.

four leaf clover in mouth = 1% MATK = hit harder / PCB 5def tankier. So up to you if you want to play as glass cannon or not.

Celebs are definitely better than orlean.

In terms of damage, orlean[scaraba] 2x is on par with celebs 2x. (A bit more) And orlean[scaraba] + orlean[sting or anything else] is a bit less. But you lose those DEX for IC so gotta get it from elsewhere. And VIT to help with stun resist. (Abbey zombie slaughter like to stun you)

Beach mant - if you need 1 int for matk break, nsfm for others (matk, hp and + damage on fire mobs good for Thor too).

Leak card - except 5 int you have 10% reduction so not even close to glass, I stop using Devi long ago, for me if you need Devi (so as you try to gather every single percent in def/damage reduction) - something wrong with you positioning, connection or PC. EC + right shield and armor cards is enough for everything (I'm always in Leak Beach Mant on MVP hunt, so as in Abbey/Thor solo).

Mid vesper is good for all, HW mid more rarely use cuz you rarely seen non-boss with huge mdef so you almost dont see its profit (but you always can find some for sure). Missi only for swap.

PCB... Even with +7 all other eq, you are not that class for catching huge amounts of damage with your face, stand still and do nothing. Wearing PCB and agav card together... I prefer to use skills as quaq, IW, SW, JT, hide, etc for not recieve damage but DO damage. It makes sense you know, when you gearing damage dealer class not in less damage more tanky eq. So 4 leaf clover for matk or Rainbow scarf for 1 int.

In all this things you must choose first - who you wanna be, trying to be tank with no total tanky class or be real magic user and learn how to play with your magic. With really bad harm MAGIC not with just light effects skills.

Edited by Azgrim

they told so I will just add what they did not say aloud:

garment - NSFM really is good - especially for thors - and yes, leak is pretty good - it has advantage over deviling with the elemental dmg - it can hurt into deviling.

Why I suggested devi anyways? from what you wrote, it seems that your main trouble is massive neutral dmg - and that is reduced by devi - for devi, it is good idea to have some kind of set (wool+tidals) or something that gives yet more protection - dia mant. - still, keep in mind that:

11 hours ago, Azgrim said:

if you need Devi (so as you try to gather every single percent in def/damage reduction) - something wrong with you positioning, connection or PC. EC + right shield and armor cards is enough for everything

so it will be better to learn how to not let them close to you - still, you need to practise and devi will let you live long enough to practise (unless they stun you) - you can also use SW as protection from the massive dmg, but it is not easy to know where you are standing in the heat of battle and to place the SW on the correct spot, besides, it is 1 more skill to cast.

I do not use beach mant, because I have the int from elsewhere..

mid head - check on some topics that talk about abbey - thats where HW card should work better, even if your main target is necro (boss). now about missy - it is not only for SW - ganba is also nice skill if it is used right (but thats more about support wiz)

shield - while valks really provide better redux, read again what Azgrim wrote and I quoted :) - so if you really have huge troubles and a lot of money, go for it - otherwise, I would rather go for the int to reach next break.

orle glove - the great thing is, that celebs offer so much more.. it helps not only with dex and int..

start with the shields, and see how much that will help you.. Get deviling if you still die - upgrade to leak later on..