Sign in to follow this  
GM Cherri

Monthly TalonRO Story Event! #1

banner2.png

Welcome to the TalonRO Story Event! Once a month, we will be challenging all members of the server to write short stories with various themes. These themes could be anything from a forum topic to a screenshot! The THREE (3) most creative and original stories will be awarded Talon Coins! Entrants will have three (3) weeks to write the story. The story must have a clear start and an end and not simply be an extract from a larger work.

Some simple ground rules for the event:

• Entries must be original, not taken from the work of others.

• Word count on all entries must be 1000-2500 (keep this in mind, don't go in planning to write LoTR).
  • Entries must not be offensive or written with the intent of insulting another person.
  • Entries must be either within a spoiler tag or submitted via a link to a pastebin or similar website.
  • Include your in-game name with your entry.
  • Entries must be set in TalonRO, not another server or game.
  • Entries must be in English (I know, it's harsh, but we need to be able to read them :3)

Prizes will be as follows: 1st place, 15TC. 2nd place, 10TC. 3rd place 5TC.

GMs reserve the right to pick fewer then three winners if no/not enough entries are suitable.

Good luck everyone! This month's theme is:

Cooking with Howl!

Your story must be inspired by Howl's hit comic series, featured in the Talonian.

Entries close: 10th of February

Happy writing!

Each forum account may only submit one entry each round!

WARNING: any form of cheating such as using multiple forum accounts is against the rules

and can not only get you disqualified from this event but also banned from the server.

If you write something as long as LOTR as an entry to this event, I will personally read it and award you accordingly.

If you write something as long as LOTR as an entry to this event, I will personally read it and award you accordingly.

I second that statement but without the reward part. XDD

Time to review Talonian again. *reads*

^

Pretty sure you're free to write anything as long as it's related to cooking and howl, not have to be one of the Cooking with Howl episode...

^

Pretty sure you're free to write anything as long as it's related to cooking and howl, not have to be one of the Cooking with Howl episode...

I know o.o I'm re-reading Cooking with Howl for inspiration and maybe insert some hidden references where people are bound to not notice~

you are free to add whatever you please to the story :) but we will only be judging what is written :P

um... I have some questions about the rules...

1. Entries must be either within a spoiler tag or submitted via a link to a pastebin or

similar website.

Where should I submit it?

2. Include your in-game name with your

entry.

Does this mean I should use my ingame character as a character in story?

Sorry for these questions. I'm quite slow and I just don't want to make stupid mistakes... /otl

1. Entries must be either within a spoiler tag or submitted via a link to a pastebin or

similar website.

entry.

Sorry for these questions. I'm quite slow and I just don't want to make stupid mistakes... /otl

The entry should be put in a spoiler, like this :

COOOOOOK THE HOWL

use tag

[spoiler]<text>[/spoiler]

to make a spoiler

and mention your ingame char where you'd like the presents to be handed to, like

IGN : T i o

similar website.

entry.

Submit your entry either in reply to this topic or in a PM to me. And your in game name does not need to be in the story, it's just got to be with the entry so we know who to award prizes to :3

ok, i know you said no LOTR stories, but when my pencil gets going, it keeps going.. i tried to base it off some of the GM's i don't know you  all very well, so bear with me if i got your personalities wrong. i kind of used boreas alot, mainly because i've never talked to him, and he's an "administrator" with responsibilities ... anywho, i hope you enjoy my story.

Scene: Prontera castle throne room, midday.

Black Talon rummages feriouciously through the room," where did I put them?!!" Proceeding to tear the room apart in search of an item. Not just any item, special cookies made to extend their lifespan. Black Talon's cookie time was almost up. Boreas enters the room, "so have you seen....?" his mouth gapes open in surprise. "what's with this mess you're making? i'm not helping you clean this place up," said boreas. "i didn't ask you to, did i, boreas?! Black talon's eyes were bloodshot with rage yet full of fear. "i'm looking for my cookies, it's almost time for me to eat another one." Boreas looks around the room,"I don't think they're here, i can't see them anywhere." replied boreas. "well, of course not, my search skill is way higher than yours and i can't find them, so why could you?" Boreas seemed disgruntled, "so what are you going to do?" asked boreas. "not me, you~!" said black talon. Alook of surprise went across boreas's face. "what?" boreas asked, "i don't know how to bake.." Black talon seemed displeased, "well find someone who does! I NEED those cookies ASAP!" "Well, I'm sure Howl will help me out, I just need to know what's in them." stated boreas. "well, that's the thing, I don't know what's in them, i just eat them." said black talon, "maybe Kuma knows, you should go ask him. Boreas sighed heaavily, "alright, i'll find him, and ask him about the cookies. Black talon looked at boreas with a very serious expression. "I have one piece of information that may help you... J()() GO WEST KTHX BAI!" And with that, black talon shoves boreas into the hallway, andslammed the door on his face. Boreas was quite annoyed by this, and as he walked, he spoke to himself softly, "Why do I always get stuck doing this kind of stuff? I just wanted to show black talon my reports." Boreas notices Siren walking towards him. "Hi boreas, you get black talon those reports yet?" asked siren. "well, i was about to, but something else came up," said boreas." Oh? What's that? Talon run out of cookies again?" said Siren jokingly. Wide-eyed boreas asked, "yea, how'd you know?!" Sirean just giggled and walked off waving bye to boreas. Discouraged and confused, Boreas turns around to get back to finding Kuma, when suddenly, Rainbow appears behind him. "J()() GO WEST KTHX BAI!" Rainbow bursts out of the castle through a wall, appearing to be traveling west. Boreas quickly brushes off Rainbow's seemingly random appearance and continues his search. He heads straight for the library, a likely place to find Kuma. Upon arrival, he is surprised to see Howl sitting on a stool, fussing with some ingredients, next to Kuma. "Hey Boreas" said in unisen. "hey guys, what're you doing?" asked Boreas. "Oh, just researching new and exciting dishes for howl's next show" replied Kuma. "Yea, it's gonna be the best one yet!" said howl, excitedly. "Oh yea? Well have i got a job for you two! Just handed down from black talon." Oh no..." said in unisen. "what could it be this time?? asked Howl. "Well, it's kind of complicated. You see, Talon needs some very special cookies made, recently ran out of them." said boreas. :What are they called?" asked kuma. "i don't know, but i know they extend lifespans." replied boreas. "Ohh!" exclaimed kuma, "i've heard of those." "Yggdrasil essence cookies" stated howl. "i've had to make them once before, except it was siren who came to me last time." "do you remember how to make them?" asked boreas. "no, but i have a cookbook with the recipie somewhere." Howl looked through his bag, searching for his cookbook. "Ah ha!" he paged through the book a little and found the recipie. He looked at the page briefly and scowled. "you're not going to like this, we're going to need some help." Howl handed the book over to Boreas. He was shocked as he looked at the ingredient list. "500 berry of yggdrasil, juiced and dehydrated to powder, 200 leaf of yggdrasil, crushed, 10 condensed blue potions, 10 berserk potions, hair of baphomet, eye of ifrit, cloth of osiris, blood of bloody knight, and 1 holy water." Alook of despair and hopelessness came to boreas's face. "We can get the leaves and berries in the prontera market easy" said kuma. "but as for the rest, we may have some trouble. "I already have the condensed blue and berserk potions" stated howl. Boreas seemed disparate, "well, we better get started then, we dont' have long." So the trio headed for the market in prontera. They quickly found a vendor, but as they were paying, a voice rang out over the crowds. ""Hey! What do you think you're doing!?" "supporting the economy?" said boreas as he turned around. "cherri?" "Yea, it's me" said cherri, "What do you need all that yggdrasil for? huh? huh? huh? you up to no good again? "again?" Boreas looked confused. "we're on a mission, a mission....To bake the most awesome cookies ever!" "Oh, that sounds exciting! Can I help? If you say no, i'll take you out at the knees." said cherri sternly. "ok, ok, don't go getting all riled up" said Howl. "Yay~! Adventure time!" :3 exclaimed cherri. So, Boreas paid the vendor adn the trio became a quartet. Suddenly, Rainbow flew down from the western sky, "I went west for J()()z, I come bearing giftzzz! 1 for each of juice." Rainbow reveals 4 items, hair of baphomet, eye of ifrit, cloth of osiris, and a vial containing bloody knight's blood. "HOLY SHIT! How did you get this all so quickly?!" demanded boreas. "It was the power of scienceee~~~" Rainbow flys off into the sunset. "Hey, we better get back, so we can make up this batch of cookies" said howl. "yea, why not?" sad boreas. So, the quartet went off to Howl's kitchen and began mixing the ingredients. "Wait Howl! you need some buffs first. You only have enough for 1 batch, so you have to get it right." said a concerned cherri. "fine, fine, I have cook superior food skill, but whatever, it is, afterall, a very high level dish. Azul walks randomly into the kitchen and heads towards the fridge. "what are you all staring at?" said azul with a confused look on his face. "Buffs plox" said howl. azul sighed and obliged. "belssing! Gloria! alchemist spirit! go for it Howl!" Howl looks at all of the ingredients they prepared. "alright then, only one chance.. Pharmacy!" click, click, click. poof. the mixture explodes in Howl's face. "w-w-what happened?" said howl crushed by failure. "damnit Howl, you forgot the holy water! we don't have time to gather all that stuff again!" exclaimed boreas. "black talon's really gonna have my ass for this time for sure." "you'll be fine, Boreas" said cherri attempting to comfort him. "It can't be all that important, black talon will understand." "it was life or death" said boreas with a blank expression. Black talon bursts into the kitchen, "I smell coo-... What the hell is this?!" Black talon looks at everyone standing around in the kitchen. "So, you couldn't do it, huh?" "no, it bloweded up" said howl quietly. "well that's alright, better luck next time." stated black talon forgivingly. "whaaa?" boreas was aghast. "I have an entire year until i need more, so you have that long to try again. You better get it right next time people! Black talon exits the kitchen. well, that's all folks, wait for the next installment of "cooking with howl" they're hilarious.

IGN, hirotaro.

Best of luck to the contestants! Post moar stories so I can read them. /ok

I'd participate, but i'm bad at storytelling. And everything else.

is there a link where i can read "Cooking with Howl" I really want to write a story but sadly I only read the latest one...  anyone???