Ghen Corps

Dagger of Edda - The Hunt Begins!!!

Hello fellow Talonians, from now on I'm planning to unsolve (or helping unsolve) The Mystery of Edda.

For that purpose, I'm collecting any information regardings "Dagger of Edda".

If anyone of you knows anything, any NPC, or any items that might be connected to Edda,

Please let me know by posting it here or mail me in-game to "Ghen" or "Ghen Support".

So far, what we know from GM about this dagger is based on Meiadrir: Treasure Porings thread and Meiadrir: Full Changelog thread.

• Players may open the Ginnunggap with one of two possible methods:
    • By finding and defeating a Rainbowring among the Treasure Porings.
    • By forging and using a mythical item called the Dagger of Edda. The methods to use and make this dagger are largely unknown, and will remain a great mystery which can only be solved by the most intrepid adventurers. This makes the Dagger of Edda one of the most rare items in existence!
      • Items and methods to forge this item may be found all across the world through various methods, events, and people. If you locate items which seem new or intriguing, hang onto them!
      • A certain group of items will need to be forged into the Dagger of Edda, which can be performed by taking these items to a skilled Blacksmith or Whitesmith. If successful, then the Dagger of Edda may indeed be created!
      • Once successfully completed, this item must be used in conjunction with the Shrine of Edda, which may also be located anywhere or in anyone! Be on the lookout for where and who this might be...

What I can analyze from this information: (don't open if you hate broken english)

Spoiler

- item: "Dagger of Edda" might be anything, it might be an equipment or an etc item, since this thread does not specify it is a weapon

(But I heard rumors, that it have truestrike, which mean it is a weapon) -> wrong rumor.

- Methods to use and make this dagger are largely unknown: this item is TalonRo specific and unique.

- Will remain a great mystery: The GM Team does not have desire to reveal the mystery itself.

- The most rare items in existence: it will be more harder to make than godly items? or is it because the method is unknown?

- Items and methods to forge this item may be found all across the world through various methods, events, and people: Some ingredients might be cannot be found anywhere except from some event. Like GM only items? or Summer race events? or even the tiki's bar?

- a skilled Blacksmith or Whitesmith: This item is forged by player!

- If successful: Self explanatory

- Shrine of Edda, which may also be located anywhere or in anyone: I'm guessing this might be an NPC, or even a player (not player, GM, I think).

For now, I will start the hunt from this thread.

I will post anything I found that might be connected to the Dagger of Edda in this thread.

1. Berta, Cow NPC, Geffen 98,70

Spoiler

Geffen Berta Cow NPC.jpg

Without the fabled Dagger of Edda, there is little that I can assist with.

Perhaps if you were to possess this magical athame, there might be a way into the Ginnunggap...

Regards,

Ghen

Edited by Ghen Family
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

SEARCH PLAN

Hello guys, I've been compiling where we all been searching all this time so it will be easier to track.

Notes:
I marked some maps (a lot) as cleared because they're popular maps, and people hang around them a lot of times.

and the chance are thin that someone missing a random NPC appearing on that map.

RED: Cleared By Summer Race Find NPC Quest Location
GREEN: Cleared By Summer Race Quest Giver Location
BLUE: Cleared By Monthly Areas (Currently I only marked mjolnir for this)
YELLOW: Cleared By Popular Hunting Map (ex: sleeper, abbey3)
WHITE: Cleared By Personal Player

HEART: Maps with Clues!!!

One Stroke: Map that haven't been cleared for indoor area. (ex: building)

Spoiler

DaggerOfEdda Searching Plan 4.jpg

Missing Cleared Map: (Note that some area is not in the map listed)

Spoiler

GREEN:
Dewata Field 01
Jawaii
Louyang Field 01
Gonryung Field 01
Morroc Field 03

WHITE:
Cleared by azurhialine:
Prontera Culvert (all floor)
XMas Dungeon (all floor)
Louyang Dungeon (all floor)

Cleared by Vernz:
Beach dungeon (all floor)
Geffen Dungeon (all floor)
Coal Mines (all floor)
Einbench Dungeon (all floor)

Cleared by mrnoober:
Lutie
Dewata
Morroc
Alberta

Maps Cleared by Players:

Spoiler

Cleared by Ghen:
Einbroch Field 04
Aldebaran (outside)
prt_monk (outside)
izlude (outside)

Odin Temple (all)

Geffen Field 00,01,04,06-09

Cleared by azurhialine: (based on this thread)
yuno (in&out)
Einbronch (in&out)
Einbench (in&out)
Prontera Fields (All Fields)

Cleared by Vernz:
geffen field 00,01,03,04,09

Cleared by mrnoober:

Lutie
Dewata
Morroc
Alberta

Edited by Father Ghen
Update info + map

3 minutes ago, azurhialine said:

Yuno, Einbroch and Einbech are the towns themselves, plus the buildings inside.

Thankyou, I've updated the info.

Anyway, is it true that God Poring have plant attribute? that means it can only damaged by 1 damage for each hit?

geffen tower,  gef_fild00, gef_fild01, gef_fild03, gef_fild04, gef_fild09, seems clear.... There is nothing there except for "traces of digging" at gef_fild01

I am mining in these maps and there seems to be nothing in them: beach dungeons, geffen dungeons, coal mine all levels, einbech dungeons.

Edited by Vernz

Checked Lutie, Dewata, Morocc, and Alberta. Found nothing about Dagger of Edda but I noticed that some city maps have NPC name Guardian.. dunno what they are though

• Like 1

I went to check .... yuno_fild4, yuno_fild5, ein_fild1, ein_fild2, and The Cave....there seems to be nothing in there.

that arc angeling was strong...lol

I also checked Glast heim, but have not gone inside any portal. Just the town. Nothing there.

Edited by Vernz
  • Like 1

@Vernz holy crap i was there for the arc angeling lol. someone kept using sanctuary on the angeling and rouge trying to triple atk it :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ssjVegeta said:

@Vernz holy crap i was there for the arc angeling lol. someone kept using sanctuary on the angeling and rouge trying to triple atk it :)

I was there just before I made the comment here. I was using the stalker, but I have not seen anyone. I died twice, LOL, and did not kill it.

Should post map names that are not yet cleared for clues. Did someone who had a chance to enter ginunggap checked that map for npcs? Currently farming byalan dungeon floor 3 n 5 seems clear.

And that cow know something we should torture it for clues

Edited by SGxPeperoni

5 minutes ago, SGxPeperoni said:

Should post map names that are not yet cleared for clues. Did someone who had a chance to enter ginunggap checked that map for npcs? Currently farming byalan dungeon floor 3 n 5 seems clear.

There is...click that arrow before "Reveal Hidden Contents"...on the 2nd post

17 hours ago, SGxPeperoni said:

And that cow know something we should torture it for clues

I put everything in spoiler so it's not a mess.

There will be a lot of picture taken /heh

For now, that cow is a waste of good beef.

I see! Hi Guys, Im also looking for that quest for I believed that one day i will kill and make Poring God as my Slave hahahahah just kidding :) I'm Gonn ahelp as long as I do have the sufficient information over my head. Keep rolling see yah.

-Reesees

• Like 1

I wish you guys the best of luck in this endeavor! /no1

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GM Gemini said:

I wish you guys the best of luck in this endeavor! /no1

a clue please /sob 

I've cleared another map: 

geffen field 14
Hugel field 04, 05
yuno field 01, 09, 10

Edited by Ghen Family

I've updated several maps that I explored.

But too lazy to edit the map on 1st post /sigh

here we go.

new map list:

geffen field 14
Hugel field 04, 05
yuno field 01, 09, 10
rachel field 02, 03, 04, 05, 09
lighthalzen field 03,
einbroch field 08
veins field 02,
morroc field 03,

Edited by Father Ghen
delete map, because 1st post updated.
  • Like 1

hahahahaah that was too many! ahahaha i dont know if gemini wants to help us with his word "Goodluck in your endeavor' hahahahahaah.... Ill recheck the map tomorrow :)

I broke three jurs last night, now im working on finding new ones....... gonna keep this posted as to what I discover on my journeys....

I can't help but wonder if it's simpler than we think and the real trick to figuring out the Dagger is to just try smithing stuff with a ton of random garbage in your inventory.

The things are very simple. Treasure porings drop a recipe for ranked Smith to use and Forge the dagger. They also drop the dagger of Edda itself. I have heard from friends that God poring is dropping custom unique kahos.

But good thing you searched all of the RO world for npcs xD

17 minutes ago, Mother North said:

The things are very simple. Treasure porings drop a recipe for ranked Smith to use and Forge the dagger. They also drop the dagger of Edda itself. I have heard from friends that God poring is dropping custom unique kahos.

But good thing you searched all of the RO world for npcs xD

have you confirmed this?

Please share further information, and some screenies if possible.

I also have a thinking that to start creating the dagger quest there's something to do with those special porings, or even the ginnunggap itself, but since I have no clue, I started to search the whole world /heh 

Edited by Father Ghen

go geffen once there talk to the cow npc berta.. he says without dagger of edda there's a little he can help..he says maybe if u are to possess this item 'MAGICAL ATHAME' there maybe a way to ginunggap

Edited by ryanryanx2

2 hours ago, ryanryanx2 said:

go geffen once there talk to the cow npc berta.. he says without dagger of edda there's a little he can help..he says maybe if u are to possess this item 'MAGICAL ATHAME' there maybe a way to ginunggap

That is the only clue he has. Please read his post.