Sign in to follow this  
GM Seiren

Valor and Bravery Coins Spriting Contest

Hello artists of TalonRO!

We are currently looking for two new sprites to replace Valor Badges and Bravery Badges. Considering we switched to a Coins system for Reward Points and Rental Coins as well, we figured we'd turn these items into Valor Coins and Bravery Coins as well.

Considering we don't really have any appropriate sprites for these, we figured we'd let the artists of TalonRO chip in!

The official Badge sprites are both the same, but we'd prefer to have two versions of the sprite, one for each. The only difference between the two really has to be the colour.

What we need:

- A Collection image (the big image you see when rightclicking the item) 75 width, 100 height

- The sprite you see what dragging the item or dropping it on the floor (must include ACT file as well, should be around 24x24)

- The image you see in the inventory 24 width, 24 height, must have #FF00FF background, must be saved in 8bit/256color BMP)

It's probably easiest to base the files on some official item.

You may base your creation on the existing Badges and turn them into Coins somehow. You can use other existing Coins to base your creation on as well. Just make sure you give your own twist to it and don't completely copy someone else's idea.

The deadline for this is quite soon, namely April 28th.

The winning artist receives 10 Talon Coins.

Questions or comments regarding Battlegrounds and the implementation will be removed. Please only contribute to the event. Thank you.

We'd love to see your creations!

just started learning about sprites but I'm hopeless w/ the collection image. Good luck to the participants!

More coins in TRO~! Woot~

Somebody loves to have jingling pockets~

I'd love to see some Emerald or Sapphire Coins that appear Semi transparent :D

Good luck to the participating artists , I think its a great thing to see ones art become a permanent feature in the game. :)

Seems a bit strange to be spriting contest, considering the subject is really simple and easy to make (I kinda can get these things done in 30 mins). But oh well, I'll participate this time. Because I love spriting. :P

I'm curious though, why are you changing the items? XD

It's mainly because we did the same thing with the other Reward System elements. We prefer to have them all as coins.

But yeah, if we can turn something into an event, then we like to do so :)

It's mainly because we did the same thing with the other Reward System elements. We prefer to have them all as coins.

But yeah, if we can turn something into an event, then we like to do so :)

I like custom sprites , it adds new flavor to the old game =D

They are the positioning files used for the sprite. You'll find them in existing sprites as well.

I like custom sprites , it adds new flavor to the old game =D

Only when they're well-done. XD

Only when they're well-done. XD

Depends on the theme , Stickmen would make good themes too =P

Depends on the theme , Stickmen would make good themes too =P

Well, just saying, because nobody likes neon color killmeplease badly resized sprites in a game like RO.

hi!  :D i want participe :P look the contest in facebook and make something xD the sprites are inspired by the medals of pokemon :) hope serve for something! because after draw.... look "coins" in the title xD

Excuse me my english and good event ^^

Preview~

preview-6_zpseb55a313.png

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bibvydjk73dhdgk

I haven't had any experience with making .act or .spr before, but I gave it a go. If there's something wrong with the .act or .spr I apologise, I don't actually know what else to do with it. I've provided both .bmp images anyways, so if you need to re-convert you are able to do so.

Preview:

coinssample.jpg

Valor Coin [image View - Click to enlarge/Inventory/Floor]

valorcoinfinal.jpg valorcoininv.pngvalorcoin.png

Bravery Coin [image View - Click to enlarge/Inventory/Floor]

braverycoinfinal.jpg braverycoininv.pngbraverycoin.png

[DOWNLOAD LINK]

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

IGN: Angelique-Chan

[DOWNLOAD LINK]

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

IGN: Angelique-Chan

They are nice Coins, I like the inventory chibis.

My entry~

A bit ugly, my bad, I haven't made any artsy in like forever. ;_;

prevwc.jpg

IGN: Auurium

Your Bravery Coin looks awesome Auu :)

hi!  :D i want participe :P look the contest in facebook and make something xD the sprites are inspired by the medals of pokemon :) hope serve for something! because after draw.... look "coins" in the title xD

Excuse me my english and good event ^^

Preview~

preview-6_zpseb55a313.png

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bibvydjk73dhdgk

While your sprite work is quite nice (though, as Boreas said, we would rather something more coin like). It's possibly best to change the original image a bit more, we're happy to have people use other work as a base, but these ones still look like the original pokemon badges :3

Thanks everyone for your entries! :)

We have decided to go for Bifrost's second entry. So congratulations, you won 10 TCs!

On top of that, we were also very fond of Angelique's and would've picked that one if it weren't for the creation of Bifrost. Therefore, we're willing to award you with 5 TCs as well.

Kindly drop me your ingame names in a PM and I will send the prizes to you ASAP.

Thanks!