Ghen Corps

Ghen's Abbey High Priest Leecher Guide

Disclaimer: I'm writing this guide based on my experience, and based on what I read in the past. There might be similiarities between of what you read here and there. However, this thread is written by me. 

Hello there, Father Ghen here.., /heh

I've been leeching at Abbey 3 for.., I don't know how long before I move to the more advanced step. 

Since I no longer using this not-so-called secret, I will share my knowledge with you guys. 

This guide will consist of several parts:

1. Should I become a leecher? Is it profitable? - An introduction for abbey leeching.

2. Gears and Build - The Class of HP Leecher.

3. Safe spot & EXP Gears - What it takes to leech people.

4. Tips and Tricks - The Actual Guide.

5. Price and Pricing Method - The sad and sour part of a leecher.

6. Alternative Path of Abbey Leech.

Now, without further due, I will start this guide, /no1 

READ PART 1 FIRST!!!

1. Should I become a leecher? Is it profitable? - An introduction for abbey leeching.

Spoiler

Being a good leecher must be a dedication. It means to help other people reaching certain level fast, while making money for yourself. A leecher must be patient (which I fail, sometimes) /heh, because you will face various kind of people, there will be one or two a**holes among them, and there's nothing you can do to avoid them.

If you're impatient, don't leech. If you're just want to make a quick cash, don't leech. If you only able to play 1 hour a day, don't leech. If you can't keep your words, don't leech

The income might sounds good, but you also have to think how much experience your client get.

The average price for abbey leech now is 2m - 2.5m per hour; which is the biggest mistake of all years, tbh, leech must always be sold in package. I'll explain why later.

However, answering the second question, I will simply say yes, leeching is good money, if you can get any buyer, which you might not.

Now, if you already read the first part, and still interested of being a leecher, go on and continue to part 2 /no1 

2. Gears and Build - The Class of HP Leecher

2.1. GEARS

Spoiler

One of two big mistake people do when buying abbey leech is classify the leecher, based on their gears. (I will explain the other reason later).

In this guide, I will divide HP gears to 3 class: Poring Class, Mastering Class, Angeling Class and God Poring Class.

Poring Class - The Baby Leecher

This poring class is intended for people who want to build his funds solely by leeching, and want to start as soon as possible. This one is the hardest to play, obviously. But does not mean there will be a significant exp yield between a Poring and Mastering.

Spoiler

The Gears for Poring's are:

- 5013.gifLord Kaho's Horn

- 2321.gifAny Armor [Bathory] [Optional: Dex+1] 

- 2001.gifDivine Cross

- 2711.gifSpiritual Ring

- 2694.gif Rosary [Sting]

- 2401.gifAny footgear [Eddga]

- 2501.gifAny garment [Deviling]

Budget: ~110m

This one is the most basic, and the cheapest one. Note that you need to have to reach job level 62 as a high priest to get IC.

Or you can also substitute / add extra dex to divine cross using the new Malangdo Enchantment, or with dex+1 dish. 

This gears, was actually my starting gears when I first started doing abbey leech. I just replace the need of mistress card with a lot of blue gemstones.

Overweight? Substitute with grape juices!

You don't need to worry about running out of blue gemstones, why? because you have plenty of time going to kafra/storage later. Why? because you WILL going back to kafra. period.

Mastering Class - The Common Leechers

After you've gain some more money, you will want to make sure you can do the leech at steady pace. Without the need of extra expenses for blue gems, or dish, or grape juices.

Therefore, you will need to complete your actual leeching set:

Spoiler

The gears for Mastering are:

- 2321.gifAny Armor [Bathory] [Dex+ 1; Or Dex+1 Divine Cross]

- 5288.gifInt Mid [Mistress]

Budget: ~40m

Angeling Class - Master Leecher

This one is for very dedicated leecher only. After you're finished with your basic set, now you will want to upgrade your equipments.

Spoiler

Therefore, you're going to look for those gears:

2410.gif Sleipnir [Eddga]

15012.gif Silk Robe / Puente Robe / any to your liking[Bathory] [Dex+3]

- 2001.gifDivine Cross [Enchanted Dex+2 / Int +6]

- 2524.gif+4 Valkyrja's Manteau [Deviling] -> Perfect dodge!!!

Budget: you decide /no1 (Malangdo Enchantment Price is still unstable)

Once you have this (or at least the sleipnir part), you can have 10 more extra skill points to put on survival skills, such as angelus by dumping Increase AGI, because you wont use it anyway.

Angelus, will increase your survivability by a "tiny" gap.

2.2. BUILDS

Spoiler

There are 2 type of status builds for HP Leecher, I named them The Coward and The Brave and The Valkyrie.

The Coward:

Spoiler

150 Total Dex

97/100 Total Vit

The rest on Int

For beginners, this build might be a good one. While does not give enough damage to kill Necros in 1-2 ME. It will protect you completely from being stunned, which is the major cause of death at abbey.

The Brave:

Spoiler

150 Total Dex

Minimum of 140 Total Int

The rest on vit

This one, is my favourite one. With this build and even with Poring class equipment, you will be able to do almost 30k ME damage (randomized). This build give you significant boost in your kill rate, which will increase the exp yield. The risk, however, is also high since you can be stunned easily.

Just remember, stunned = death sentence.

Now, we finished part 2. We're going to continue at part 3, which will explain the technical basics. 

Edited by Ghen Corps
Finalizing
  • Like 6

3. Safe spot & Exp gears - What it takes to leech people.

3.1. Safe Spot

Spoiler

Abbey 3 is a famous leeching place, because it have a safe spot that can be accessed easily (compared to thor 1), and this spot is reached easily by leecher to resu their leeche.

First of all, to reach abbey 3, the leecher and leeche have to do the Nameless Island Enterance Quest first.

When you reach abbey 3, you can either guide your leeche by walking to the safe spot, or, you ask your leeche to teleport until he is near the safe spot before you pick him/her.

Now, how to enter the safespot?

Abbey Safespot 1 fix.jpg

This picture shows you the location of the safespot (circled in red). Now, that you know this place, noticed the yellow star and the blue line.

The blue line shows you the place you're needed to enter the safespot, while the yellow star is the place that I, (and bunch other leechers) reccommended to teach others on how to enter the safe spot. (Because it's in the corner, so it's easier to explain).

Next step, you will want to rotate your map, so you can see the actual safe spot clearly, rotate your camera so it will looks like this.

Abbey Safespot 2 fix.jpg

The safe spot is circled in red, noticed the yellow cross? I crossed those spot because it is a taboo to place your leeche there. Also, if you fail to enter the safe spot, you will land on those spot, which you will need to repeat the process again. 

NEVER EVER LEAVE YOUR LEECHE AT THE YELLOW CROSS!!!

Now you already know the safe spot, to enter, remember the yellow star I posted at the first picture? get your character to that exact spot.

abbey safespot 3 fix.jpg

If you're on the right spot, you will not be able to see the stack on those safe spot. Which is good, because that means you now can move to those stack. Just click on the place where those stack were. Only 1 Click! Only 1 Click! I repeat, ONLY 1 CLICK!!!

screenTalonRO049.jpg

Now, if you've done those step correctly, you will land on the exact same cell as those stack.

If you, however, landed on the box I crossed in the 2nd picture, you have to repeat the process again. 

Note: sometimes, there's a bug that make you need to relog to be able the safe spot. If you have retry a few times and somehow your character still stopped at the crossed area, you might consider relogging.

3.2. EXP Gears

Spoiler

There is only 1 common exp gears for abbey leeching: 4140.gifZombie Prisoner Card (+10%)

However, in special case, we can also use another accessory, called: 2665.gifExorcism Ring (+5% x 2), sadly, this one is only applicable to acolyte class /sigh

In some cases, another lower exp gears also used, such as: 18571.gifLucky hat, or 20057.gifUltimate Ascended Black Dragon Hat, which will only increase exp yield from normal monsters, such as Zombie Slaughters, Banshee and Flame Skull. This last type, however, does not give significant amount of experience. 

After doing some calculation, Lucky hat will only increase your exp yield by 0.5-1% (very low, but it's still there)

Edited by Father Ghen
  • Like 1

pls change exp gear skeleton prisoner to zombie prisoner.

Anyway good guide for leechers :)

2 hours ago, zero_espada said:

pls change exp gear skeleton prisoner to zombie prisoner.

Anyway good guide for leechers :)

/omg did I wrote skeleton prisoner? /omg 

I was sleepy /heh 

2 hours ago, Father Ghen said:

/omg did I wrote skeleton prisoner? /omg 

I was sleepy /heh 

get some sleep u zombie huehue

What about
dark thorn staff

two drops/necro lich bone rod or survivor rod

platinum shield and gtb

statistic mid

diablos mant deviling

hodre valk shield

3 hours ago, singdream said:

What about
dark thorn staff

two drops/necro lich bone rod or survivor rod

platinum shield and gtb

statistic mid

diablos mant deviling

hodre valk shield

overupgraded dark thorn staff is very good for ME priest. I won't say which one is better, because if you're using dark thorn staff and valk shield, then I'm going to categorize your gears as the class i wrote with white color, which won't be covered in this guide /heh , which you won't need to read this guide anyway /heh.

two drops or survivor rods still beaten by Divine Cross, because the combo set of divine cross. 

Statistic mid can be good, if you can afford to go storage every half hour or more because blue gems.

I'd say diabolus manteau is slightly less below valkyrie manteau, I prefer valkyrie manteau [deviling] for perfect dodge purpose.

This is a different story if you're not using sleipnir eddga and replacing it with diabolus boots.

4. Tips and Tricks - The Actual Guide

4.1. KILLING THE NECROS

Spoiler

Now, you have you have prepared your character, the gears, and you know how to enter the safe spot. So, the next thing you need to know is, how to efficiently kill the necros? There are 2 ways to kill necros using ME HP, both involving walking here and there. The first method is circling (or make a circle), this is the common tricks that practiced naturally by most people logic. The second method, is also a common method, but I rarely saw people using this trick, I call this trick: lining./heh 

A. Circling Method

Circling method, like it's name, is moving in a circle direction to juke the opponent. This method applicable at larger areas, such as this place below. 

Spoiler

Circle Method Large Area 1.jpg

The red circle is where you are, or where you're dropping your ME skills. From this point, simply make a circle in the area. The circle can be done in any area, but in this picture I utilize a landmark to halt the movement of enemies. /no1 

Circle Method Large Area 2.jpg

This second picture shows you another circling method, but using what I called double circle, The red circle indicates where you start and the blue is where you're going, at one point you will have two choices, to continue your circle or to form another circle (orange arrow). This trick is good if you want to mob monsters on the other side of your screen.

B. Lining Method

Spoiler

Lining Method 1.jpg

Lining method is actually another circling method, but instead making a circle, we run away in a line. This method is useful in some scenario where there are too many necros for you to handle, so you make a temporary retreat until you have the number you can handle, from this point, you walk back the to point you started with and making another circle where you can kill the mobs without getting yourself killed.

You see? The methods are actually very simple and very self explanatory.

4.2. Special Tricks

Spoiler

Now you already know how to kill those necros, this is where the things are interesting. Abbey is a high level dungeon that usually tackled by a party, however, a leecher is going to solo that place. The main problem are the enemies' skills, which can stun, curse, or slow your character. If you noticed from my screenshot before, I utilize a fly wings and green potions

Skillset.jpg

Fly Wings:

Spoiler

- Magnus Exorcimus is a skill that have long cooldown. On this cooldown, you cannot use any skills, including teleportation. This is where fly wings comes handy! When you've dropped your ME, but your enemies is killed by only 1 tick. You have about 3 seconds that you can do nothing about. This 3 seconds is very valuable as a leecher, so you better utilize this time to do something more productive, like, teleporting to find another mob? In this case, hit the fly wings.

Note: Do not fly wings before you cleared your mobs, otherwise your ME on the ground will disappear completely and you or your leeche will not gain any exp.

- Quagmire is a skill casted by necromancers, that will slow down your movement speed, and your casting speed (dex stats). This will ruin your IC and removing your Increase Agi. If you can get out of the quagmire area and re-cast agi on yourself, then you can proceed to kill them. However, if there are too many mobs (in my experience, >2 necros), you most likely wont be able to make it in time to re-cast agi on yourself, in this case, hit the fly wing

- Second case with quagmire, remember that quagmire will slow down your cast time, sometimes, you accidentally casting ME inside quagmire area, which will make you immobile for the casting period. Your ME casting, however, most likely will fail, in this case, I really reccomend you to spam fly wing buttons even before the enemy reached you!

- Curse, curse casted by banshee, which will make your character move very slowly (very very slowly). In this scenario, the easy way to remove the curse is to bless yourself, and voila~ it's removed. However, sometimes you don't even have the luxury of casting bless on yourself, or even worse, you're being cursed inside the quagmire. In this case, spam your fly wings! /heh 

- Very many mobs here can procs stun on your character. Named the zombie slaughter with sonic blow, and necromancers with the scream. In this scenario, if you're using the coward build, then you can ignore this part. However, if you follow my reccomendation and using the brave, you will get stunned, and if that happen, spam your fly wings and hope you can avoid the death sentence!

Green Potions:

Spoiler

- If you don't have 100 total VIT, you still need to worry about silence by necromancer's scream. While you can just fly wing away and avoid it, but you can also fight back if you have a green potion.

- Also, some monster here will also poison you (it's either the necros or the zombie slaughters, I'm not really sure), that means your hp will go down slowly, and your DEF is reduced by 20%. Def reduction is vital for ME HP at abbey, because you will need all the def you can. In this case, hit your green potions!

4.3. Place to Avoid

Spoiler

During my journey as a leecher, I eventually realized that I get a "lag" everytime when I'm at a certain places. This is sometimes not noticable, and might be only my opinion. BUT then, I googled about the issue I had, then I came up with a simple answer: RO Client has a strange way to deal with stairs!

Spoiler

AVOID STAIRS.jpg

So, in any way, always avoid a fight at the stairs! If you see mobs on the stair, just lure them to nearby area where you can properly kill them! /no1 

Edited by Father Ghen
  • Like 2

Thanks for doing this Ghen.

consider using green herb instead of green potion because its lighter and cheaper

and curse also can be handled by using holy water, so you dont have to cast blessing

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peru said:

Thanks for doing this Ghen.

consider using green herb instead of green potion because its lighter and cheaper

and curse also can be handled by using holy water, so you dont have to cast blessing

just my 2 cents

I will add it later, good reminder /heh 

On 7/10/2016 at 6:48 PM, Father Ghen said:

Note: sometimes, there's a bug that make you need to relog to be able the safe spot. If you have retry a few times and somehow your character still stopped at the crossed area, you might consider relogging.

train hard to go safe spot without relog /heh

• Like 1

5. Price and Pricing Method - The sad and sour part of a leecher.

Finally, we're reaching the 2nd last part of this guide. Many people might been wondering how much a leech cost.

In general, every leech price should depends on the exp amount needed to reach desired level.

For this, I have created an excel sheet that explains further on how to.

Since it's using a simple formula, and I'm not a programmer or expert in excel. I'll just share the general idea.

(Maybe someone can create the formula for me /heh )

So, without further due, here's the link:

TalonRO Abbey Leech Price Guide [Excel Format]

Posted (edited)

6. Alternative Path of Abbey Leech.

Here we are, at the final part of my guide. Truth must be told, that High Priest is not the only way to leech at abbey.

However, I never did any other than High Priest so my opinion might be bias. 

In general, there are 2 leechers at abbey HP and HW, but in last year, we also got VamPally going around, which is interesting.

6.1 High Wizard

Spoiler

I haven't found any thread dedicated for Abbey HW build. But, there are several discussion thread I found, one of them giving a lot of information is this one:

Compared to HP, using HW might yield more exp per hour, depends on how you're playing and your gears. 

However, you will need some more supporting characters, like soul linker and another HP to park at safe spot [buff and resu].

Or, you can substitute using healing items and yggdrasil leaf for it.

For me, I was not very fond of those HW leechers.

They often they're coming around asking for buffs or heal, but then fly away like it's nothing, and when the safespot is massacred, they only resu their leech because of ygg leaf is costly. But, not everyone like this, I knew a few that have manners and resu everyone they can reach at safespot.

6.2 VamPally

Spoiler

This one is very interesting for me, and it's particulary new compared to HP/HW leechers.

The main reason is, when Pally using Grand Cross, they're forcing the mobs to gather around, therefore the loots will drop in small area.

Combined with our beloved "arealoot", it might be an efficient way to farm, while leeching.

Normally, leechers just skip loot drop except valuable ones, however, if you can loot items, it might yield extra 500k-1m per hour, which is really nice /heh

Here is the link to the VamPally thread:

Afterwords,

After 2 years of hiatus, this guide is officially finished /heh

I won't be updating this guide anymore, except maybe some small typo or some minor information.

I hope this guide will be helpful to everybody

Regards,

Ghen

Edited by Ghen Corps
  • No1 1
  • Thanks 1

as for the prices - it is not only about the amount of exp but also about the speed..

2M/Hr/100Mexp sounds fair, so I would simply multiply by the time spent..

if you can do more exp/hr, the price will go up - but still has to be lower compared to SG DG superfast leech

and of course, if you can pull only some 50M/hr, you cant really ask for 2M...

in the end, it is what the customer is willing to spend, but remember, that reputation is huge part of RO life - dont try to rip off your customers..

• No1 1

20 hours ago, howrah said:

as for the prices - it is not only about the amount of exp but also about the speed..

2M/Hr/100Mexp sounds fair, so I would simply multiply by the time spent..

if you can do more exp/hr, the price will go up - but still has to be lower compared to SG DG superfast leech

and of course, if you can pull only some 50M/hr, you cant really ask for 2M...

in the end, it is what the customer is willing to spend, but remember, that reputation is huge part of RO life - dont try to rip off your customers..

Abbey have this advantage of cramped and easily accessed safe spot, so customers can just park their character and afk away, or alt-tab away and return in couple of hours.

What I meant is, Abbey leech should (I suggest) be sold only in package, and the price is based on total exp needed and divide by 2m per 100mil exp. So, faster leecher can get the job done (thus, yield more money per hour), and slower one can take their time (less money per hour). From this perspective, it's not really much differences if you're making 100m exp/h or 120m/h, since customers usually just youtubing away. Some of mine even farming while bought my leech /heh 

Well of course, this statement based on standard leecher speed. If someone is only 50-70 mil exp/hour, let your buyer know first /heh 

Reputation plays huge part too.., I've been quitting abbey leech for 1 year and someone still looking for my leech /heh 

• No1 1

3 hours ago, Ghen Corps said:

the price is based on total exp needed and divide by 2m per 100mil exp.

yes, this..

I just wanted to point out, that time also plays a role (buy a leech to get fast exp) - I suppose that a lot of us have already seen some crazy pricing from people who hadd no clue how it works and what other optons people have on TRo..

• No1 1