Crossover Games is the best WINE based Software to virtualize window games such as RO under MAC. It is constantly being develop by people who are directly involve in developing WINE itself. So running TalonRO smoothly in this virtual environment will give you the maximum native-performance compared to other wine versions.
* version 16.2 is having an issue but being addressed now so as of the moment use CrossoverGames 16.1 and below.
* Use only paid version. Don't blame the app if you acquire it somewhere else other than their official site
Installation procedure (works most of the time - if the launcher failed to load might aswell update talonexe.exe client using Virtualization such as Parallels and just used the flagged version. EXE will work if you have installed the dependency because talonro.exe are based on the old original exe with same dependencies):
1. Install C++ 2008 and Visual C++ 6.0 runtime (menu/configure/install software) - Common reason why Ragnarok fail to load is because of absence of this dependency
2. Install using the installer, this worked in other version of RO aswell because it's common. You can either use the INSTALL SOFTWARE or directly run the exe (I prefer doing the latter and manually install launchers)
* can be buggy. So after updating using Virtualization apps run the exe with flag then create a CG Launcher: talonexe.exe -1rag1- (also helps for easy dual clienting)
3. Set Dinput override in WINE CONFIGURATION/LIBRARIES by adding a new override (make sure to highlight your bottle to show the wine configuration - this is for ROext feature mouse freedom to allow the mouse to move out of the window without alt tabbing)
4. Launch RagnarokSetup.exe first which will set the resolution in the registry.
* sometime works without this. but better to have it configure first
5. Run the Launcher or with the flagged exe.
6. If failed to load. Replace the dlls in system32 with the given dll version below (mfc42 and msvcrt). I can't determine the version of the dll because im using a mac at this moment.
7. Should run now if using CG 15 to 16
DLLs Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-s_xCflOKm6UmotWnIwckVZNDQ
* make sure to create launchers. Most of the time CG won't be able to create launchers for this so you have to create it manually by using RUN COMMAND: Save Command as Launcher. (bugs can be encounter on later versions that you can't create a launcher with same old filename. Just try to figure it out or rename the original exe)
* If you encounter FONT issues just try to install core fonts or ask support team. But I never had this issue under 15-16.1
* May encounter crushes under OSX SIERRA
* Errors in 16.2: Will create a window but won't load launcher nor the Exe. or will load the Launcher but won't load the exe. This issue is being address now by their support team after i filed a ticket Hopefully it will be fix soon. It is an issue regarding msvcrt failing.
This info is from my post in codeweaver: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/forum/ragnarok-online?;msg=195019
Have a great time!
Mga idol, pa help nman. Di ko alam kung saan nagkaron ng problema. Kahapon gumagana pa. Pero ngayon ayaw na. Inupdate ko ung wineskin pero ganun parin po. Bka may nakakaalam sa inyo. Salamat ng marami.
di mai post ung pic. max is 2 mb daw pero ala pang 1 mb ung pic. *face palm.
pero ganito ung lumalabas.
Speak friend, and enter: 0x0000232a
Please report this.
Tapos magbubukas naman TRO. Pero failed to connect lagi.
meron na po ako nakitang thread na ganito sa support. pero ndi nman nila sinabi kung paano ma fix. Caused by firewall or antivirus daw un na nagbblock ng internet connection ng TRO. Dati gumagana naman na. Naka more than 1 month na ko na naglalaro. ngayun lang nagkaganon. may nkakaalam po ba kung paano ayusin exactly to? salamat po in advance.