GM Luna

TalonRO Loading Screen Contest

I just want to ask/clarify a few things:

1. "All Entries must be TalonRO themed"  -- does this mean its "anything goes" with the theme (as long as its tRO-related of course) and there's no particular subject that we should draw
    (e.g. Spring, unique tRO features, etc...?)
  2. How do you select the winning entries? What are your criteria for judging them?

Thanks for your time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Luntian said:

I just want to ask/clarify a few things:

1. "All Entries must be TalonRO themed"  -- does this mean its "anything goes" with the theme (as long as its tRO-related of course) and there's no particular subject that we should draw
    (e.g. Spring, unique tRO features, etc...?)
  2. How do you select the winning entries? What are your criteria for judging them?

Thanks for your time.

There's no particular theme "anything goes" as long it's TalonRO related. Obviously keep it suitable for all audience groups within our community.

It will be a group decision among the GM team to decide the winners.

• Like 1

To clarify some more, these would be loading screens for when there is no particular season in effect. Basically they are our default loading screens.

• Like 2

What if I want to participate in the contest if I don't play anymore and win? Do I still get a prize? Although it's never going to be used nor I am ever going to log in, do I still participate or am excluded?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bifrost said:

What if I want to participate in the contest if I don't play anymore and win? Do I still get a prize? Although it's never going to be used nor I am ever going to log in, do I still participate or am excluded?

Of course. That's up to you. :)

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm so tempted to draw GM Boreas with his 'Almighty Banhammer' or other GMs.
But I'm too afraid that I might get banned instead XD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graytea said:

To be honest, I'm so tempted to draw GM Boreas with his 'Almighty Banhammer' or other GMs.
But I'm too afraid that I might get banned instead XD

As long you keep your entry suitable for all audiences within our community then you have nothing to fear.  

• Like 1

Having a little confusion with the aspect ratio since I haven't really paid any mind to it before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't it be 1280x720 minimum instead of 1280x960 to make it 16:9?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, morgendorper said:

Having a little confusion with the aspect ratio since I haven't really paid any mind to it before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't it be 1280x720 minimum instead of 1280x960 to make it 16:9?

yeah it should, but its more logical that error is in ratio than amount of pixels... also every other loading screen contest since now have been been with 4:3 ratio that 1280x960 is... so I'd play my money on 4:3 being safer to start sketching with.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Eliyas said:

yeah it should, but its more logical that error is in ratio than amount of pixels... also every other loading screen contest since now have been been with 4:3 ratio that 1280x960 is... so I'd play my money on 4:3 being safer to start sketching with.

@morgendorper - sorry for any confusion, basically what @Eliyas said as RO uses aspect ratio of 4:3. (Thanks Eliyas) 

That was an error on my part while posting and thank you for pointing that out to me ~

• Like 3

To give some specifics: the login screen is cut up in 12 images. 3 rows, each consisting of 4 images, thus 4:3. Each image is 320x320 pixels in size.

4x320 = 1280
3x320 = 960

And there you have it~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanaEzu said:

Hiya, this is the first post I had ever done. ;u;

I just recently joined the community and trying my luck. ;u;

Here's my entry. 

IGN: Hezuthiele

Let me know if you need the HQ version (It is super large so I can't upload it in here)

Thank you so much!

loadingscreen2.png

But background is not yours?

14 minutes ago, Pneuma said:

But background is not yours?

Oh it's mine... Though I just randomly use a watercolor tool.. At first I am so into doing a detailed background but afterwards I have gave up because time is not so friendly for me but i can attach a photoshop file if needed or in question.  Thanks for bringing that up!  Hahas