GM Luna

TalonRO Loading Screen Contest

Luntian    241

I just want to ask/clarify a few things:

1. "All Entries must be TalonRO themed"  -- does this mean its "anything goes" with the theme (as long as its tRO-related of course) and there's no particular subject that we should draw
    (e.g. Spring, unique tRO features, etc...?)
  2. How do you select the winning entries? What are your criteria for judging them?

Thanks for your time.

• Like 2

GM Luna    313
9 minutes ago, Luntian said:

I just want to ask/clarify a few things:

1. "All Entries must be TalonRO themed"  -- does this mean its "anything goes" with the theme (as long as its tRO-related of course) and there's no particular subject that we should draw
    (e.g. Spring, unique tRO features, etc...?)
  2. How do you select the winning entries? What are your criteria for judging them?

Thanks for your time.

There's no particular theme "anything goes" as long it's TalonRO related. Obviously keep it suitable for all audience groups within our community.

It will be a group decision among the GM team to decide the winners.

• Like 1

GM Seiren    1139

To clarify some more, these would be loading screens for when there is no particular season in effect. Basically they are our default loading screens.

• Like 2

Bifrost    328

What if I want to participate in the contest if I don't play anymore and win? Do I still get a prize? Although it's never going to be used nor I am ever going to log in, do I still participate or am excluded?

• Like 1

GM Seiren    1139
5 minutes ago, Bifrost said:

What if I want to participate in the contest if I don't play anymore and win? Do I still get a prize? Although it's never going to be used nor I am ever going to log in, do I still participate or am excluded?

Of course. That's up to you. :)

• Like 1

Graytea    182

To be honest, I'm so tempted to draw GM Boreas with his 'Almighty Banhammer' or other GMs.
But I'm too afraid that I might get banned instead XD

• Like 1

GM Luna    313
1 minute ago, Graytea said:

To be honest, I'm so tempted to draw GM Boreas with his 'Almighty Banhammer' or other GMs.
But I'm too afraid that I might get banned instead XD

As long you keep your entry suitable for all audiences within our community then you have nothing to fear.  

• Like 1

morgendorper    27

Having a little confusion with the aspect ratio since I haven't really paid any mind to it before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't it be 1280x720 minimum instead of 1280x960 to make it 16:9?

• Like 1

Eliyas    63
4 hours ago, morgendorper said:

Having a little confusion with the aspect ratio since I haven't really paid any mind to it before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, shouldn't it be 1280x720 minimum instead of 1280x960 to make it 16:9?

yeah it should, but its more logical that error is in ratio than amount of pixels... also every other loading screen contest since now have been been with 4:3 ratio that 1280x960 is... so I'd play my money on 4:3 being safer to start sketching with.

• Like 2

GM Luna    313
34 minutes ago, Eliyas said:

yeah it should, but its more logical that error is in ratio than amount of pixels... also every other loading screen contest since now have been been with 4:3 ratio that 1280x960 is... so I'd play my money on 4:3 being safer to start sketching with.

@morgendorper - sorry for any confusion, basically what @Eliyas said as RO uses aspect ratio of 4:3. (Thanks Eliyas) 

That was an error on my part while posting and thank you for pointing that out to me ~

• Like 3

GM Seiren    1139

To give some specifics: the login screen is cut up in 12 images. 3 rows, each consisting of 4 images, thus 4:3. Each image is 320x320 pixels in size.

4x320 = 1280
3x320 = 960

And there you have it~

• Like 2

Pneuma    59
2 hours ago, HanaEzu said:

Hiya, this is the first post I had ever done. ;u;

I just recently joined the community and trying my luck. ;u;

Here's my entry. 

IGN: Hezuthiele

Let me know if you need the HQ version (It is super large so I can't upload it in here)

Thank you so much!

loadingscreen2.png

But background is not yours?

HanaEzu    26
14 minutes ago, Pneuma said:

But background is not yours?

Oh it's mine... Though I just randomly use a watercolor tool.. At first I am so into doing a detailed background but afterwards I have gave up because time is not so friendly for me but i can attach a photoshop file if needed or in question.  Thanks for bringing that up!  Hahas

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By fumiddition

i hope you like puns :>
      my art tumblr (and mostly RO art) is @ fumiddition
      I still have my newbie status, but finally decided to do this while I still have the courage to-- Howdy, TalonRO! My name is Fumi and my main IGN is Ardinda (feel free to use either or be as creative as you want). I used to play, draw and rp RO about a handful of years ago, but recently I've been Asura Strike'd right in the feels again and decided to creep back into it for good ol' nostalgia's sake and take my sweet time with it here. That being said, it's only been a few days since I've first logged in (I've shamefully forgotten almost every command and underestimated some monsters ultimately leading to my countless deaths), but I hope to meet more of you cool leaf cats in-game and look forward to be able to use this little art corner to share some drawings of my adventures here on this server whenever I can.

I'll start off with an art of Ardinda! She just turned Super Novice thanks to an awesome guildie's help (shoutout to IGN Holiday Roll!) and I just finished this today. 

Aaand on to my shop section! Since I'm still a big loser and very much gearless to the core, I'd like to take this opportunity to offer:
      Single half body character, cel-shaded commissions for 30 mil zeny / 30 Talon Coins each - I will work one at a time, but I'll provide a waitlist if necessary!
      These are samples of commissions I've done, so you can expect the final result to be more or less like these:

If you're interested, do Sharp Shoot me a reply down below and I'll get back to you with the details I need!
      Working Slots / Waiting List / Current Progress %
      Slot #01: Arya x 6 (60% - paid)
      Slot #02: Kisuka* x 6 (40% - paid)
      Slot #03: GM Luna x 4 (0%)
      Waitlist #01: Restless
      Waitlist #02: GM Zelda
      Waitlist #03: M a s h i` Desu
      Waitlist #04: Iela
      Waitlist #05: (anon)
      Waitlist #06: amii.
      Waitlist #07: Natalis
      Waitlist #08: Aspartame
      Waitlist #09: Stell~
      Waitlist #10: runningmudo
      Waitlist #11: Cherrios
      Waitlist #12: GM Havoc
      Waitlist #13: Vivikuri
      Waitlist #14: LieO
      Waitlist #15: GM Mimi
      Waitlist #16: Sephyyy
      Waitlist #17: Marly
      Waitlist #18: GM Elixia
      Waitlist #19: Orchestra

Thank you so much for your time and looking - I hope to update this thread casually with more RO art~
    • By noxeric
      Edit: I won't be able to accept new commissions at the moment due to being busy IRL but I'll do my best to finish the list of commissions that I have now. When I have more time in the future, I'll re-open for new commissions  In the meantime, feel free to upload your characters here for my practice session. I'll do those free doodles from time to time when I have the time 
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hello!  The name's Nox and welcome to my art shop!
      I will be offering two kinds of services; one for zeny / TC and the other one without charge. So, I have divided this post into a commission section and a practice section whoo! Please scroll down below for the right details.

COMMISSION SECTION
      Half-body artworks for 20 mil / 20 TC per art. It'll be a single character without background like these samples below:

If you're interested, please reply or PM me with the following details:
      Your IGN (to keep track of payment) Character sprite or art reference Hair colour Eye colour Brief personality Other detail (anything at all you'd like to add) Once I have responded to you, please send payment to my IGN Nayrue  and I will work on your commission right away!
      Slots Available: 
      @Bad Dirty Dull [awaiting details] @jessu [in progress]  @Arya [in progress] @LieO [in progress]  
      PRACTICE SECTION
      I'm making time for myself nowadays to improve my drawing skills  so I've decided to open a new section; for practice!
      This is completely free. If you're interested in being my target practice, post as many characters as you want with a brief description here and I will choose some at random to draw as a challenge  I may or may not draw everyone though, so please don't get offended if I overlook yours 
      The drawings will be a sketchy chest shot of the character(s) that I've chosen like the sample below:

Of course, if you'd like a better quality picture, feel free to commission me instead  I will do my best to draw for you!
      Check out more of my stuff at noxism @ tumblr and noxism @ deviantart 
      If you have any questions at all, just ask away in the thread; thank you for your time!
    • By niniane
      Hi!
      We are open for commissions! Since we are just starting ing and we're new here (in forum) it'll just be cheap.
      We can do traditional (sketches and linearts, you can have someone else color it XD) and digital. 
      Pencil Sketches - 3M / 3TC
      Inked Linearts half body - 7M / 7TC
      Chibi Lineart - 5M / 5TC
      Colored Chibi - 7M / 7TC
      Full Color half body - 10M / 10TC
      Just message us or send me a mail, IGN: Niniane
      PS. You can commission us other stuff too. /grins Just PM us and let us know what you want.
      Here are some of the artworks we've done since 2009 up to 2017. I hope you like them.
      http://kayoshi012.deviantart.com/
      http://kajuen77.deviantart.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/anaestheticart/

Finished Commish:
      Jieeya | My Wife for Hire |