Tsukikai

Old Art and Progress (Feel Free to Share Your Own!)

This is the result of your dedication and time well spent! /lv

Maybe if am brave enough I'll show my artsu as well /ene

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GM Luna said:

This is the result of your dedication and time well spent! /lv

Maybe if am brave enough I'll show my artsu as well /ene

Please do! I don't like being alone...

Just now, Tsukikai said:

omg what is

You Forgot? HAAAAAAAAAA /sob oh I just figured out I'm already dead. I was planning to Suicide tho

Just saw that thread

I'm not an artist but wouldon't it be more intrissting if you art ppl remake your very old drawings with your new art skills? 

At least this could be fun ^^

This is fun to see :D

This is something I made when I first played RO back in 2005:

ZlvyeFe.jpg

Here is something I drew very recently:

kGcWcMc.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • No1 1

16 hours ago, Savij said:

Just saw that thread

I'm not an artist but wouldon't it be more intrissting if you art ppl remake your very old drawings with your new art skills? 

At least this could be fun ^^

Oh yes yes! I would love to see people redoing their old artwork! It's a good exercise!

15 hours ago, Blankieta said:

err old art! from 2 years ago using photoshop line tool/heh

current:

NOTE: Fluctuating art styles /heh/heh

Medium: PC

devil.thumb.png.177f36a04535c81b7c0d63c982d57b1c.png

Medium: Note 3 and a lot of coffee

aiba.thumb.png.ee634bebb9df9f5af35a2cb11bd22106.png

All of it is sooo cute!!! I love how there's a style shift too with your recent work! It's sometimes hard to pull off different styles. /ok

2 hours ago, ciliadesu said:

This is fun to see :D

This is something I made when I first played RO back in 2005:

ZlvyeFe.jpg

Here is something I drew very recently:

kGcWcMc.jpg

Wooooooooowwww!!!! LOOK AT THAT ANATOMY IMPROVMENT THO. All the lines flow so well *^* There's lots of movement in the recent drawing, I loooveee it!

• Like 3

I added a lil challenge for you guys! Redraw an old drawing for ultimate satisfaction! /gg

I want to share mine too /heh

Sadly, this is the oldest art I can find, It seems my older arts got thrown away when we moved /sob this one's around 2008

CqfQGTt.png

Here are some full cg art I made when I first got my tablet

DUgGRPX.png

2011 : It's the first full cg art I made :) I saw someone doing zodiac signs art that time so I tried doing one too, that traced lion tho

2012 : I wish I'm still as diligent in doing line arts as that year /sob

2013 : This is the year when I started doing painted style, somehow?

2014 : I really like that art I so I redraw it again

2015 : Cheat background. This is when I started playing with the lighting

2016 : Somehow playing with the lights again

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • No1 1

21 hours ago, Nheki said:

I want to share mine too /heh

Sadly, this is the oldest art I can find, It seems my older arts got thrown away when we moved /sob this one's around 2008

CqfQGTt.png

Here are some full cg art I made when I first got my tablet

DUgGRPX.png

2011 : It's the first full cg art I made :) I saw someone doing zodiac signs art that time so I tried doing one too, that traced lion tho

2012 : I wish I'm still as diligent in doing line arts as that year /sob

2013 : This is the year when I started doing painted style, somehow?

2014 : I really like that art I so I redraw it again

2015 : Cheat background. This is when I started playing with the lighting

2016 : Somehow playing with the lights again

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW IMPROVEMENT ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

AMAZING JOB MANG!!!!!!!! LIKE ESPECIALLY ON THOSE BACKGROUNDS!!! WOWIEWOWIE

8 hours ago, Tsukikai said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW IMPROVEMENT ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

AMAZING JOB MANG!!!!!!!! LIKE ESPECIALLY ON THOSE BACKGROUNDS!!! WOWIEWOWIE

It’s really fun to see how we improve as an artist after a couple of years, isn't it? /ok

6 hours ago, Nheki said:

It’s really fun to see how we improve as an artist after a couple of years, isn't it? /ok

It really is honestly! That's why I have a huuuuge container of all my old work back at home. So I can go and get a good laugh every now and then LOL

• Like 1

Wow, everyone's art skill has improved so much! SO IMPRESSIVE! I like looking at those amazing backgrounds makes me want to improve more /awsm

I'd like to share mine too!  ZsYdTWE.jpg

It looks like someone has not been practicing much ehehehe /heh Time to work harder!

• Like 5
  • No1 1

19 hours ago, Tsukikai said:

It really is honestly! That's why I have a huuuuge container of all my old work back at home. So I can go and get a good laugh every now and then LOL

This one is so true! LOL

Oh wait, I found a much older art, much much older, behold!

7kMrJWt.png

I was laughing really hard when I found this, it seems my dad's been keeping my drawings when I was in grade school /heh This one's <2000

Since when did that become a forest

• Like 4

Amazing artsu, everyone! (Still plucking up the courage to show mine~ )

• Like 1

I started experimenting with MS Paint for fun last year and discovered that I really enjoy the process of digitally painting something.

These are the first ones (in order - left to right) I did. The first two didn't really took much of my time and was yet to find the joy of MS Painting something, the other three kinda got me wanting to keep going with it, especially because I realized that there was nothing stopping me to try things more elaborated - there was (and will always have) so much to learn!

mspaint.thumb.png.fb0b2564d9b7e6684555d8f4599cf498.png

Then I started doing pokemanz! I really like these creatures and used my passion for the franchise as fuel for my art! xD

mspaint2.thumb.png.2d768632587df8a78b5e2f16ac841b08.png

Lastly, this is the piece I'm proudest of, as I tried to use everything learnt from the others. I know that these aren't really that old, but they really help me keeping track of my progress.

a_wild_baltoy_appeared__by_horrifying_gnome_flu-dalf1c8.png.6ec6f1bdb0f84d80e01257121a5eb3cf.png

On a side note... It is really nice to have something like the Art Corner around here, and that its community is so active! I'm always speechless with all the artworks and interaction. You people are awesome! /lv

Edited by Mawile
  • Like 8
  • Fsh 1

23 hours ago, Arcadia 🌸 said:

Let me post my progress here too /heh 

I can see my SuNo there /rice the latest one is really cute and those eyes, oh my god *_*

19 hours ago, Mawile said:

On a side note... It is really nice to have something like the Art Corner around here, and that its community is so active! I'm always speechless with all the artworks and interaction. You people are awesome! /lv

Art Corner inspired me to draw again. So many awesome work and I would love to draw like them someday /fsh

3 hours ago, Nheki said:

I can see my SuNo there /rice the latest one is really cute and those eyes, oh my god *_*

Yup! Your SuNo were one of my first digital art. /heh Drawn on my phone using a proper drawing app. Aye, thanks! ^^ eyes were inspired by sasucchi95's. Trying to change the way I color my eyes and saw her tutorial on it. /rice 

Totally forgot about this one, lol. Used notepad app on my phone to draw this. /heh 

81261c4408.png

• Like 2
  • Fsh 1

10 hours ago, Arcadia 🌸 said:

Art Corner inspired me to draw again. So many awesome work and I would love to draw like them someday /fsh

Yup! Your SuNo were one of my first digital art. /heh Drawn on my phone using a proper drawing app. Aye, thanks! ^^ eyes were inspired by sasucchi95's. Trying to change the way I color my eyes and saw her tutorial on it. /rice 

Totally forgot about this one, lol. Used notepad app on my phone to draw this. /heh 

81261c4408.png

1675659.gif

You've been holding out on us xD 

• Like 2

Ill smash my old art here and new art as well xD
-Manga-
Old:

Spoiler

New:

Spoiler

-Semi Realism-

Old:

Spoiler

New:

Spoiler

Well yeah, theres my inspirational flop c:

• Like 4
  • No1 1

This reminds me of my first tree, a 1" stump of tropical origin, which I kept on cutting back in a span of a week.
(attempt on miniature trees)

I was so frustrated that I visited a nursery to see for myself how it's done. (I was so surprised to see those trees that are a meter height; and the variety of species; the wild specimen have specialties, and distinctive quality with knobbly and gnarled branches, crude deadwood that can't be replicated through carving)

...A few failed attempts. (As I couldn't afford losing a precious tree.)
learned the horticultural and technical aspects of the craft and art, recognized the patterns, ratio of design, rules...

Not settled (Art for me is representative and emblematic of self.)
I'm a copycat of a copycat of a copycat. That much I admit.
I'm a naturalistic and wouldn't design a tree of tropics, bend it to look like a pine.
(Birds need negative lines to fly through a tree and perch on the branches, too. And a great too many extensions... is unrealistic)

• Love 1