Reeda    4

I think there should be more support for trying to go and access maps that don't have much of an apparent reason for existing. Maps such as Kobold Fields(Gef_Fld4), Ghast Heim Chivalry(GH_CHV), ooooor North and West Comodo Dungeon. Parties need to go to these places or we'll never see any sort of items coming out of them, or any reason to going to them. Anyway, thats my opinion.

Feel Free to Add what kind of Farming parties would you'd like to see.

• Like 1

GayBoy    103

I do agreed with you and also support that we should have more maps/dungeon needed to discover for players to farm or even LEECHER. I don't know whether i said it right, anyway.

As for current server players number are increasing, for most of the well-known farming or place that people leech are becoming more and more people,

due to the increasing of people, the place where farmers or leecher map have significant increase of people and somehow become a war-zone where KSing is getting out of hand, and

players insulting each other because of mobs and spot problem.

I don't know whether this is a problem for others or not, or anyone bring this matter out to discuss. I been watching this matter for sometimes and of course is not a big problem,

but if we don't have any solution for this, soon or later it will be everyone problem. 

Of course if this is how it suppose to go in-game, then this is just my problem. I will apologize if i offence anyone.

Edited by GayBoy

Kisuka*    174

While it is a nice idea to promote or ask for improvement of other maps' feasibility as an ideal farming spot or levelling ground for party, we should keep in mind that there is more than just "making a map party-worthy". You see, when you tweak just one map, it will likely cause these series of events like making other maps less attractive hence you're back to square one having achieved nothing at all. The same logic applies when you want an equity among all maps when it comes to party potential. Efficiency and player preferences also play a part.

Further exploration of the game might also enlighten you that some maps do have a purpose. For example, the aforementioned kobold map is a part of summer race, west comodo dungeon has medusa for its card and tao gunka. SQI ingredients and/or upgrade materials are gathered from a variety of mobs in different maps, and there is also the Hunting Board Quest or the HBQ.

Lastly, does a "FARMING party" even happen? Well, sure it does for a group of friends such as in Juperos. But I don't see the rise of another "farming party"-worthy map without it being abused or disturbing the economy.

kazou    20
1 hour ago, sanquin said:

In my opinion, they should change the tam tam region every week instead of every month. Give more variety to it.

I miss the good ol' map of the week. I wish there could be both tam tam region and map of the week.

• Like 1

ValheruWolf    57

Hm,  even without tweaking, if it's a long walk I could see wanting possibly a teleport there.  wonder if that's a feasible idea and what maps to include,  don't need a warp girl there I don't think (die or b wing back)  but a few maps that are a long walk to get to that people ignore cause of that would probably get in an increase in traffic if they were just easier to get to instead of being dungeons only.

Kruro    142

Imho, there's this magic, minimum number that needs to be archieved in order for a place to become farm-worthy in the long run: 2m/h.

The established (but boring) places are all around that number, mavkas at 1.8 - 2.4m/h, sleepers at 2 - 2.5m/h, geffenia at 2.5 - 3.8m/h (you mileage may vary, depending on gear/experience). Even mining usually resolved around 1 - 3m/h varying wildly on your luck (but that might've changed with malangdo enchants, not sure if it's still viable). Geffenia seems a bit off, but in order to go much higher than 2m you have relatively high gear requirements, have to double/triple client (usually involves marriage) and even then it's quite a chore until you reach endgear items (e.g. sherwood stalker) - also the entrance quest to get started is quite horrible. Then there are also luck-reliant places like DG, assuming average luck (one D.Mant@20m every 1111 kills, killing up to 3 Incarnations per minute) which sits at up to 3m/h but has very specific gear/char requirement and you pretty much have to have bonus bundle for solo-champ while being highly dependant on RNG.

When we add party-play it all falls a bit apart and becomes very hard to balance. Using a small party of 3 players, I can't think of anything that would be worth it compared to farming solo. A place would have to throw out 6m/h to be benefitting 3 players - at the same time that place has to be hard enough to not be farmable solo, since that would heavily affect economy once that gets known. Thors 3 is almost such a place, but not quite. It's doable with a HP/HW duo if both know what they're doing but chances aren't too good to drop 4m/h (one sniping suit would already suffice, but 0.6% is kinda hard to get within an hour). Once you add more members and manage to reach 6+ players, Seals and Endless Tower become possible (probably also wave challenge and that new malangdo thing, but I have no experience), but it can be kinda hard to get that many players (especially with a usable class roster) together spontaneous (at least for me it's impossible).

If I were to boost any existing places, it'd probably be new world maps (manuk fields, splendide fields, bifrost fields, scaraba hole, dicastes fields), as those already have quite hard hitting monsters (and e.g. bifrost just looks really nice) but barely any reason to go there.

TL;DR: I would love to see viable places for smaller parties (2~4 players) because as it's now solo-farming is much more viable (and more soul-crushing) - but I don't really know how without putting the economy at risk during the needed tweaking.

Yumiko Yukio    131

With more players growing, sleepers, geff, abbey, mavka are getting more crowded and crowded. The maps that are still not crowded are thor3,odin 3(crowded by parties) and DG

howrah    811

I think that you have it wrong..

yes, if the items are not needed, nobody will hunt them.

% dependant drops can not be counted the way how you count it - you will not get avarage of 1 drop in 1111 kills (or I will not..) if you could, anolians and such would be supercrowded..

manuk fields are soloable by ninja, so increasing gain from them does not seem right - and I strongly dissagree with "barely any reason to go there"..

long walks can be helped by warps to close dungs or by using priest with /memo - I dont think we need to make it even more confortable (some maps do not allow /memo and that is for a reason..)

IMO the issue is not the gain from the maps, but more like "avarage gain" that prevents people from hunting items - it is so much easier to hunt for gold and buy the items..

the other issue is: "hey guys what should I play and where should I go and what equips should I get" - "make rouge, go mavka/sleepers/geffenia. get sherwood.. hunt for zeny and buy all the items.." -- I dont see any comments "do whatever char you like and explore the world, hunt for raydric card.." 

so I believe, that even if there would be some kind of support to these "rare maps" (cant really immagine what kind of support though), still, vast majority of people will just follow blindly advices "become rouge/sniper, go geffenia"..

kkroto01    187

Let's just hope that one of these days players will start hunting creamy, toad, thara frog, or something that drop useful and easy to use cards, because I have never heard of someone saying "Hey man, i just got back from hunting creamy"

Edited by kkroto01
  • Like 1

Kruro    142

True, odds do not really work in a predictable way, but at the same time.. they kind of do. It once took me 2,600 kills inbetween D.Mant drops, but the one after that took less than 200 kills. Highly anecdotal, I know, but in the big picture that average number worked out for me (even though the 10~15 D.Mants I may have farmed in my total play time here are not even remotely enough to validate any probabilities). After all, the chance after 1111 kills is still only ~63.22% to have gotten it at that point (getting more and more likely with each kill, never reaching 100% though :().

I was afraid someone would mention ninja@manuk - that's exactly why it's so hard to boost any place for party play, once someone can do it solo it'll heavily affect economy.

It seems that mostly beginners farm those cards and progress to zeny farming once they're more established, I wonder if it would be beneficial to remove common monster cards from the reward guru (just food for thought, not trying to sneak any suggestion in :P). While zeny-farming is reliable, it really feels nice to - once in a while - drop something rare. Unfortunately not many places have that mix of steady drops mixed with the ocassional rare drop (maybe bathories / verits).

I really wish I could cast aside all that thinking about possible income and just enjoy the game, but I do need some motivation to stay at a place for hours.

• Like 1

AishaVP    242

Another reason why players usually prefer zeny farming map over drop reliant map is due to the fact that Talon coin and Reward Guru exist. As of now the current rates of TC to Z fluctuates between 1.15m & 1.2m. Most of the prices of items available in reward guru was following this rate(most of the time even lower just to attract buyers). Its ironic how Valkyrie Shield cost more than a Valkyrie Randgris card when it was actually rarer but because the Valkyrie Shield TC cost is 35 while the card is 20, it is much more expensive. Now we all know not everyone is blessed with godlike RNG and ofcource majority of the players prefers the most efficient way to gain something. (I am not against the Reward Guru and TC system. I actually like it lol. Just explaining how the Reward Guru and the TC system affects the pricing of items)

Maybe rotating the SQI upgrade ingridients once in a while(like every 3 months?) might help in scattering players? I know TamTam Region already aims in making more farming maps but I think it is more directed towards to the newbies(not the champion mobs tho haha). Most of the geffenia farmers are already aiming for high end stuffs(Mostly SQIs) so this idea might save their souls from mindless grinding. Though Im aware of the fact that this will greatly affect the pricing of many items in the market.

• Like 1