Sign in to follow this  
MossDeep

Investigate Geffenia

Can someone teach me how to one-shot or two-shot while sustaining using investigate skill the Incubi & Succubi at Geffenia(If possible No SQI's). I'm planning to farm here for a change of pace when I'm lazy farming at DG

I have :

Kaho

Incu Blank Eyes [Str+1]

Silk Robe[Gloom] [Str+3]

Gangster Scarf

Any recommendation on Weap? Cause i got only the Luna Kaleet[AkAkAk]

+7 Deviling Hood

+7 GEC Sandals

The Sign

No accessories at the moment I'm broke cause no D. Mant in the past days

Also I got :

Marriage Soul Link

High Priest

What stats build?

Currently Lvl. 96 Champ

Thank you guys in Advance

Hi there, just to share my personal impression: Geffenia with Champ is rather painful since you lack flee and steal (could be mitigated by joker card, but stealing can already be a bit tricky with steal lv10). You're going to get hit all the time and it's quite stressful to iterate between spamming Heal + Grape Juice + Body Relocate to actually reach the 'busses (I guess an eddga swap would work also). It's definitely doable (I one-shotted them using a TTT Suiken, but there are surely cheaper alternatives like e.g. combining race/elemental +%dmg cards in a luna kaleet) but it's not really effective. Sleepers or even mavkas (yes, with a champ) would yield a lot more for me, but maybe I did something terribly wrong - gameplay-wise - as geffenia does have a learning curve to become effective (also true for thief-classes). I did not manage to even remotely enjoy geffenia until I heavily geared up my stalker (now it's pretty neat).

That being said I really did enjoy DG, sometimes it takes ages to drop a manteau, but sometimes you can get very lucky too! In the grand scheme of things, I was rather lucky there (even with streaks of misfortune factored in). It's also quite nice that DG is relatively empty (player-wise) all the time.

• Like 3

Hmm. It's been 2 days since I've started farming at DG. Honestly it's not painful but I'm not that lucky. I got 700pcs Fragment of Darkness from Angels still no D. Mants <_< Soo.. Is farming in Geffenia as Champ is not effective? or I shall go back to sleeper? 

1 hour ago, MossDeep said:

Hmm. It's been 2 days since I've started farming at DG. Honestly it's not painful but I'm not that lucky. I got 700pcs Fragment of Darkness from Angels still no D. Mants <_< Soo.. Is farming in Geffenia as Champ is not effective? or I shall go back to sleeper? 

I've went with 1k Fragments without a DMant drop once. lel /sob 

3 minutes ago, Gugma said:

I've went with 1k Fragments without a DMant drop once. lel /sob 

Seriously? Omygahd

My worst was 2.6k confirmed kills (lloking at Brigan, 100% drop) before a D.Mant dropped, but I also had very lucky runs too so for me everything kinda even'd out in the end. If you're interested, some probability math here.

2 hours ago, Kruro said:

My worst was 2.6k confirmed kills (lloking at Brigan, 100% drop) before a D.Mant dropped, but I also had very lucky runs too so for me everything kinda even'd out in the end. If you're interested, some probability math here.

Oh gahd. I think I'm lucky enough I got my first D. Manteau after i post this thread. That time i'm giving up after an hour but luckily a D. Mant dropped, saying don't give up lol.

in my whole DG asura champ career, I dropped 2 pcs only.. 1 sold, one broken.. I have no idea, how many I killed... I dont like % drops... :( 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, howrah said:

in my whole DG asura champ career, I dropped 2 pcs only.. 1 sold, one broken.. I have no idea, how many I killed... I dont like % drops... :( 

Pure Luck /sob

I usually don't like luck-based farming too, because you're doing something very monotonous just to be able to get some gears, to hopefully be able to do cool stuff eventually. But DG already kinda counts as "cool stuff" to me. Those are insanely strong monsters and you just slam them down with your fist with a single punch oooone puuuuunch!  It's really satisfying compared to many other ways to farm, as its not even stressful after warping back and forth becomes muscle memory. The key to coping with the low chance for me is to not expect a drop at all under 1111 kills (not that there's a guarantee, but it's just not too likely to drop it much sooner). If I still don't get one after that number I just say to myself that it's going to become less and less likely to not drop it within the next few kills (which is true). And of course I don't do all this farming in one sitting - I usually break it down to 100-300 kills a day depending on my motivation. It's still a monotonous farming job (infact its a good idea to look at other places like you're doing with this thread), but to me it's a little bit more bearable than other luck-reliant drops for this reason.

That being said, I didn't really farm there anymore after finally getting my stalker a sherwood bow so I feel a little bit like a hypocrite, but before that it really was one of my favourite spots and I still have rather fond memories of it :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kruro said:

I usually don't like luck-based farming too, because you're doing something very monotonous just to be able to get some gears, to hopefully be able to do cool stuff eventually. But DG already kinda counts as "cool stuff" to me. Those are insanely strong monsters and you just slam them down with your fist with a single punch oooone puuuuunch!  It's really satisfying compared to many other ways to farm, as its not even stressful after warping back and forth becomes muscle memory. The key to coping with the low chance for me is to not expect a drop at all under 1111 kills (not that there's a guarantee, but it's just not too likely to drop it much sooner). If I still don't get one after that number I just say to myself that it's going to become less and less likely to not drop it within the next few kills (which is true). And of course I don't do all this farming in one sitting - I usually break it down to 100-300 kills a day depending on my motivation. It's still a monotonous farming job (infact its a good idea to look at other places like you're doing with this thread), but to me it's a little bit more bearable than other luck-reliant drops for this reason.

That being said, I didn't really farm there anymore after finally getting my stalker a sherwood bow so I feel a little bit like a hypocrite, but before that it really was one of my favourite spots and I still have rather fond memories of it :) 

I'm currently on the same mentality lmao i just love farming this place /lv