Sign in to follow this  
Fumfos

Bowling Bash damage with a bow is inaccurate with a calculator

Hi there people,

this is the thread that I made as a sort of bug report here, that's the thing I'd like to know, but GM Boreas closed it already.

First things first though, I'm fully aware of the red text on the top, but as I stated in the post, everything else aside from BB damage is

simply spot on. It's just BB damage that's like 25% lower for what I got in-game.

Also, does anyone know if BB doesn't use an arrow? Because it appears that it doesn't to me.

4 hours ago, Ballista said:

Also, does anyone know if BB doesn't use an arrow? Because it appears that it doesn't to me.

I can assure you that BB doesn't consume an Arrow when used with Bow...but it's still recommended to take some more Arrows (~50) in case you missclick and attack a monster with a regular attack which indeed consumes an Arrow with every strike - so /nc off is a must when doing BB with Bow :D

BB stalker with bow needs silver arrow for hitting those succus / incus. Silver arrow only equipped, not consumed and it gives the holy elemental to your BB which is very effective against succus/incus. I also bring shadow arrow, cos I kill all the mobs there in geffenia including fake angel

On 6/26/2017 at 2:25 PM, Fumfos said:

this is the thread that I made as a sort of bug report here, that's the thing I'd like to know, but GM Boreas closed it already.

in the other thread, you wrote: "The problem is, when I tried the build with BB, the damage I got from injustice was exactly 3181 per hit ( meaning 6362 total dmg ) which couldn't 1-shot an injustice at all"

so I suppose, that you want some explanation - here you go:

BB deals 500% ATK as dmg and hits twice..

your atk is 432 --> 432*5=2160

you are using silver arrow on undead target, so you will have additional 50%dmg -> 2160*1,5=3240  <-- this is pretty close to your actual dmg -> 3181... the difference is most likely due to soft def - the VIT of your target ->   3240-39 = 3201... so it is OK :)

Posted (edited)

That’s weird. I’ll look into it.

The calc is showing almost 9k with his setup.

By the way, we have thread about the on-going update of calculator here:

Or if you have github account you can report the issue to us here: https://github.com/GMBoreas/trocalculator/issues

Update: I think I found the issue.

I tried changing as follows:

rudra rental (holy 185 atk) + silver = 9k

rudra rental + arrow (neutral) = 6k

gakkung [inca andre] (100+65+20 atk) + silver = ~6.3k

gakung [inca andre] + arrow = ~4.3k

Seem like it calculated holy twice. I think that shouldn’t happen. Arrow should override weapon element. Will add it to issue to fix.

Thanks for telling us. :)

Edit: I just realize this was from 2017, before we started the new calc project. But seem like that bug still exist. /omg

Edited by NattWara

Haha someone dug my post from 2017

Thanks a lot @NattWara , this may be late but if the calc can be fixed, that'd be really cool as now I'm already a Sherwood stalker

(it's also inaccurate for sherwood, but the trick is to get that 75ATK sqi bonus in-game, and not in the calc, it's almost the same that way). 😅

• No1 2

Andddd.... it’s fixed!! /gg

(Btw, release version will be orange. This grey screen and no mob pic thing is just so my boss don’t ask what’s on my screen /slur)

A83D49CA-DB99-4B85-9B4D-9DBC4D3D027D.thumb.jpeg.a5a0c0c25ade7e6d6c20ce9badd6aec1.jpeg

It’s not out yet but should be included in next release.

This fix works with all bow BB. Sherwood too!

And so this conclude the BOWling bash shenanigans! /heh

Edited by NattWara