Tristan

Advice on Character/ Job Suitability

Tristan    20

Hello everyone! I've been playing talonRO and Ragnarok, in general, for a couple of years and I could say that I immensely enjoy the experience. My glaring predicament is that I never stick to one character as I can't find the most suitable job for me. Now, this is not to say that I have unrealistic standards and expectations, I just wish to find a character that suits my play style. 

To start, I am looking for a character that could handle MvPs (pretty much the low-end ones, as high-end MvPs require parties) solo. I could go either way: melee, magic or ranged as long as the character could handle mobs (during farming) pretty well. I don't mind working with parties as long as the character is not party-dependent to level. Additionally, the character should also be a pretty darn good farmer so I don't need to switch between characters just to farm. 

Thank you to everyone who would reply. 

Tristan    20
2 minutes ago, yaobu1 said:

A lot of ppl in this server palys champ/hw for mvping, well follow your heart! /heh

hmm..well in any day, i'd go for snipers but given that the server is populated with these..well..hmm.. how about dual dagger sinx? would they be any good? 

• No1 1

yaobu1    27
1 hour ago, Tristan said:

hmm..well in any day, i'd go for snipers but given that the server is populated with these..well..hmm.. how about dual dagger sinx? would they be any good? 

Dual dag sinx is good for farming, most of the common farming place though but dont have any idea for soloing mvp, saw only one sinx killing gopinich though by sonic blow+Soul link and an edp.

GrimHyde    8
7 hours ago, Tristan said:

Hello everyone! I've been playing talonRO and Ragnarok, in general, for a couple of years and I could say that I immensely enjoy the experience. My glaring predicament is that I never stick to one character as I can't find the most suitable job for me. Now, this is not to say that I have unrealistic standards and expectations, I just wish to find a character that suits my play style. 

To start, I am looking for a character that could handle MvPs (pretty much the low-end ones, as high-end MvPs require parties) solo. I could go either way: melee, magic or ranged as long as the character could handle mobs (during farming) pretty well. I don't mind working with parties as long as the character is not party-dependent to level. Additionally, the character should also be a pretty darn good farmer so I don't need to switch between characters just to farm. 

Thank you to everyone who would reply. 

Well can suggest you if wanna try real deal and one on one Boss with mvping even High ends(In party), Go for Whitesmith They are BOSS in Farming and Hunting mvp with proper gears and can even do High end and low end easily, WS can muster alot strenght / Damage and can also go for mustering Defense and can kill many of mvp...

Secondly can do try Lord Knights Zerk Mode for mvp and they are Farmers as well.

Sad Boy    14
46 minutes ago, Mosjoandy said:

@Tristanyou sound like you really want to play sinx.  If that is what your RO itch is right now, scratch it.

Will SinX be A-Ok for a bread-and-butter pvm-asskicker travelling along Midgard though?

yaobu1    27
2 hours ago, Sad Boy said:

Will SinX be A-Ok for a bread-and-butter pvm-asskicker travelling along Midgard though?

Based from my experience and playing TRO for almost 4 months....

Its a yes yes!

But there is a time that u get bored using sinx for a long time and u want to reclass/make a new one though.

Black Metal    60
2 hours ago, Sad Boy said:

Yes, sinx are lone wolves and rock at it. You can handle lower mvp no problems, and if you use edp, you have the best dps in the game. The only problem using sinx is no one wants them in parties. Theres only love for snipers when it comes to party dps.

Sad Boy    14
6 minutes ago, Black Metal said:

Yes, sinx are lone wolves and rock at it. You can handle lower mvp no problems, and if you use edp, you have the best dps in the game. The only problem using sinx is no one wants them in parties. Theres only love for snipers when it comes to party dps.

Hmm... i assume a DD build would be preffered than katar then?

10 minutes ago, yaobu1 said:

Based from my experience and playing TRO for almost 4 months....

Its a yes yes!

But there is a time that u get bored using sinx for a long time and u want to reclass/make a new one though.

Nah... i feel that if you love your class and you are having fun, then you won't get bored so easily /gawi

Black Metal    60
Just now, Sad Boy said:

Hmm... i assume a DD build would be preffered than katar then?

Yes, even though crit twin fang build is fun, nothing beats raw dps from DD. You will need 3 weapons for mvps : overuped mes 2x Doppel 1x QS, 4 carded off hand with TG or QS depending what you prefer, and of course ice pick for monsters with over 80-100 def+vit.

• Fsh 1

Sad Boy    14
5 minutes ago, Black Metal said:

Yes, even though crit twin fang build is fun, nothing beats raw dps from DD. You will need 3 weapons for mvps : overuped mes 2x Doppel 1x QS, 4 carded off hand with TG or QS depending what you prefer, and of course ice pick for monsters with over 80-100 def+vit.

Are those end-game weapons for DD assassins? What does QS stand for?

Edited by Sad Boy

Black Metal    60

Yup pretty much end game. The highest refine the mes is the better it is. It makes a huge difference when combine with endow and edp. +7 vs +10 can add 1000+ dps.

Tristan    20

Gee!!! Thanks for all the info guys! I do have an LK now but I must admit, I'm pretty much bored with it..I'm thinking of doing a DD sinx or DS sniper..

Anyway, thank you guys!!!! Love lots.

shar    28
On ‎12‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 10:27 AM, Tristan said:

@My Wife for Hire hm..what about sinx's?

What about a arrow to the knee?

I recently spend 5TC to have my SInx become a high novice again...

Millions of investment couldnt make that class fun to Play.

Tristan    20

On 7/14/2017 at 1:58 PM, shar said:

What about a arrow to the knee?

I recently spend 5TC to have my SInx become a high novice again...

is that possible on the server???? i never knew that

Tristan    20
On 7/14/2017 at 1:58 PM, shar said:

What do u mean by this? 

GM Vitek    14

he ment that he did not enjoy sinx at all :)

however, the comment shows the beauty of RO - there are different chars for different folks :)

I feel the same about HP - not even +10everything would make me like to play it, yet a lot of people cant immagine better char for them.

If you feel, that you may like sinx, talk to sinxes and find out what they have to say about the class - people who play the char for long can tell you most cons and pros...

BTW - I am currently making my 2nd sinx - for fun (1st one is cheap PD sinx) - why would I do it, if it was not fun? ;)

Tristan    20
15 hours ago, GM Vitek said:

BTW - I am currently making my 2nd sinx - for fun (1st one is cheap PD sinx) - why would I do it, if it was not fun? ;)

This. BOOM!