Pexe    1

edda.png.1c82886bfd7423e6243c1085bda7eb3a.png

The Dagger of Edda, the (not really good) theory.

/!There is already 2 old threads about this. A lot of what I say here is on those threads. Search for the Gods and The Hunt Begins. Tell me if I should delete or move it.

Intro

Spoiler

Since June of 2016 there are mysterious poring hoping around Talon Rune Midgard. But where are they from? Why they are so Rare? Can I cuddle them? (Yes, you should. With your sword)

Both threads are here and here.

So, let’s start with a brief story of Ragnarök

• What is Ragnarok?
    • Ragnarök can be trasnlated to The Doom of the Gods, based on the Nordic mythology. It is the end and re-creation of a mythical cycle.
  • OK. What this have anything to do with the dagger of Edda? And the quest?
    • Everything, my friend. Based on that information, we know where to search. Yes, hold my hand and we can google more about Nordic mythology.

Nothing of it is news for most of you, so let’s start those researches.

Now, some clues

Edda

Spoiler

Edda are poems and tales of Norse mythology. In a more literal way, we can search for stories that say something about a dagger or a shrine. But the dagger could also means a way of opening the secrets or poems. All the research is always connected with the book Gylfaginnin. Where all those stories are from.

A quick search on the DB, we found this.

20532.gif Dagger of Edda

ID #20532

Looks like some other item… But wait...

There is plans to craft it!

20533.gif Dagger of Edda Plans

ID #20533

A scroll with what seems to be plans to construct an item.
Talented Smiths need this to craft the Dagger of Edda

Talented Smiths? There is more than ONE smith NPC? Or maybe a whitesmith?

Ginnungagap

Spoiler

Ginnungagap is referred 2 times in this quest.

The first being obviously the sprite of the Dagger of Edda, And the second one is in the announce thread

The home of these Treasure Porings - and all Porings, in myth, is the Ginnungagap: the yawning void located in the space between the nine worlds themselves! Existing outside of space and time, the Ginnungagap is home to a special kind of Poring: the Magiring.

Going back to the mythology, Ginnungagap (yawning void) is the primordial void. Prior to the beginning of the cosmos and into which the cosmos will collapse once again during Ragnarok.

“located in the space between the nine worlds” The other place that connect other world in the Ragnarok world is the Tree of Life, Yggdrasil.

Niflheim

Spoiler

The Realm of the dead and the another world we can travel. The wikipedia. Skipping to the important part

In relation to the world tree Yggdrasill, Odin tells Gylfi that Jötunheimr is located under the second root, where Ginnungagap (Yawning Void) once was.

Wait, what? The same root that take us to Niflheim could take us to Ginnunggap?

The ragwiki also tell us this

It is one of the eleven rivers originating from Niflheim, flowing through Ginnungagap, and thence into the worlds of existence.

Shrine

Spoiler

The keyword is . It is also a God. And a shrine place. The GM tip is still ambiguous, since can be any of them (NPC or a place).

In game shrines we have Rachel temple, Odin temple, and Ayothaya Shrine.

In the Niflheim section, we found out that Odin told Gylfi about it.

Gylfi was a King. But he also disguised himself. So who is the NPC Gylfi?

• Implemented in the June2016 Patch
  • Relation with Gods
  • Relation with the creation of the tifiring.(BTW, one of the special porings has a 600% change of dropping muscovite)
  • Creation of a land (and a lake)
  • Also a name of a football (soccer) player

More of the game

Spoiler

Well, all of that could be cues to take us to the void of porings (and amazing PvP). Let’s proceed for more in-game stuffs.

What we know is there no normal way to go there. Like geffenia, it is a mythical portal to enter, probably crafted using the dagger of Edda in a particular place. Personally I don’t think the NPC Berta is the end, since she only offers help with the location.

Berta

Spoiler

She is an obvious reference of this cow, was the oldest cow in the world, that also lived in Ireland (nordic myth), so she is a NPC with a lot of knowledge.(Maybe even from Odin)

Without the fabled Dagger of Edda, there is little that I can assist with.

Perhaps if you were to possess this magical athame, there might be a way into the Ginnunggap...

Talented Smiths

Spoiler

In the announce thread, GM Howl says

A certain group of items will need to be forged into the Dagger of Edda, which can be performed by taking these items to a skilled Blacksmith or Whitesmith. If successful, then the Dagger of Edda may indeed be created!

So, obviously can be made by a player. But there are theories on this. The first one. You learn it from a Smith NPC.Most of the Gods weapons were created by Dwarves, like the Mjölnir,  Gungnir, Dainsleif and Tyrfing. Volund (the LKH NPC) or Any Blacksmith NPC. We have Veins, Einbroch, Alberta or maybe Prontera.

This brings of the creation of the God weapons. The SQIs.

In the original thread, GM refers to MasterSmith. In iRO MasterSmith is the transclass of Blacksmith, Also know as Whitesmiths.

Here, a list of all original NPCs in RO. TalonRO is Pre Renwal, but has some renewal maps, mobs and NPCs. It is a hard search.

Meta

Spoiler

Items and methods to forge this item may be found all across the world through various methods, events, and people. If you locate items which seem new or intriguing, hang onto them!

Let’s break this tip.

• Various methods. Really general and hard to get anything from it. Maybe TC exclusive items, maybe minigirl games, Seals or exclusive quest items (Soul Ring and Ygg crown comes to mind).
  • I do really think the GMs would make an item that you can win one time in one event. At least, I hope they don’t, since would be impossible for new players get it. Annual events? Yes!
  • People? They can refer to working together to solve the mystery or trade some items (like old Pokemon trading) or maybe you need more than one class to complete it (again, WS and Seals) or they can even refer to themselves the GMs, but it is unlikely.

Now, let’s see what else they made in that update

• Features - Daily Spin
    • Interesting. Any Daily Spin exclusive tradable items? I have Almost no info about it. Except Magnificat scrolls.
  • Features - Tam Tam's Gift
    • Tam Tam gift region can also be in any sort of item.
  • Features - Treasure Porings
    • Can be anything or everything. Raw gems, Copper/Bronze coins, equips, level to start the quest…
    • The Rainbowring is also a bifrost reference. Being the rainbow road, maybe one step is actually kill one and be in ginnunggap.
  • Features – GMC
    • Everything there is custom. I never went there, but can have any exclusive items to the quest. Attention to Gemini, that was introduced in that patch
  • Features - New Novice Tutorial
    • Simple enough, any of those NPCs can have cues into the world.

Intresting Searching Areas

Spoiler
  • Yggdrasil
  • Niflheheim
  • Bifrost fields
  • Yuno
  • Hugel
  • GH
  • Mjölnir
  • Every custom talon NPC
  • All fix Events
  • Minigames

Random stuffs

Spoiler

Something really intresting is the order of the TalonRO DB. Starting with the #20526 we have some new items of that patch.

Well, if you search, there is a lot more of it. Lets Make Edda Hype Again

Thank you for reading it all./lv

/srySorry for the long post/sry

Edited by Pexe
Grammar and design
  • Like 1

Restless    45

Gold poring essence was a thing from anniversary event, if I remember that correctly. Same with the golden ticket.

2 hours ago, Pexe said:

Also a name of a football (soccer) player

Made me lol.

Wormi    297

Overthinking it I believe and glossed over my post in the old thread.

Also, when asked on Discord, we were given some simple replies that went along with my own theories.

Spoiler

unknown2.png.1ccc2cdffb1faa60b322ce7805a4ea54.pngunknown.png.cb6e9bae8a7d5896b5fa23e3d31c9143.png

skarn    5

You know where the GMs can hide a clue about this and never have anyone find it, forever? The Haunted House minigame.

Edited by skarn
  • Like 1

Pexe    1
9 hours ago, Restless said:

Gold poring essence was a thing from anniversary event, if I remember that correctly. Same with the golden ticket.

Searching a bit more, you are right. Both of them.

9 hours ago, ssjVegeta said:

"Talented smiths" could also mean top ranked smiths in Tro. not just NPC.

I agree with you, In the Talented Smiths section I said that are about players, but you could learn it from a Smith NPC. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

3 hours ago, Wormi said:

Overthinking it I believe and glossed over my post in the old thread.

Also, when asked on Discord, we were given some simple replies that went along with my own theories.

Hide contents

unknown2.png.1ccc2cdffb1faa60b322ce7805a4ea54.pngunknown.png.cb6e9bae8a7d5896b5fa23e3d31c9143.png

That is really amazing, I would especially search for orc instance, GM Howl said.

more_info2.pngFeatures - Orc Memory Instance

2 hours ago, skarn said:

You know where the GMs can hide a clue about this and never have anyone find it, forever? The Haunted House minigame.

Exactly. We will never know.

Wormi    297
1 hour ago, Pexe said:

I have an inkling the mushroom might be tied to Orc's memory. Nothing else stands out. to me for that, and I'd think they'd want to encourage more diverse instances that usually don't have much incentive to be done by higher end players. I ran it a few times when it came out; the vanilla is a fun change of pace even if it's easy. I even thought the minigames might be tied to some stuff and well... I can't get anyone to play them anymore ever since they became novice only/seemingly stopped working in the case of bingo.

Bit of a tangent: Haunted house was always too impossible without coordination because it involves a ton of RNG already so it's hard to gather players for that as well. The reward being what it is, though, and not taking much time, I guess it makes some sense. I always said people should team together to do it and just split the tc at the end, but... That has its own problems in a couple ways. Same for blackout bingo.

Edited by Wormi
  • Like 1

lazyeye    17

About the instances thing... Check out Sealed Shrine Quest. It has a reward item at 0.12% from Great Demon Baphomet. If I remember correctly, it's item ID is next to the ones you posted along. It could also be the shrine that you were referring. 0.12% but with a 24 hour cooldown sounds fair to me. And the instance is already profitable.

Glowing Orb was speculated to come from Vanilla ET (Which is also an instance). Following the patch that released the Dagger of Edda, there's a patch wherein people could use custom consumables (GJ and Meat + others, plase correct me if I'm wrong) for Vanilla ET, and just recently, Gonryun's MVP room also received that treatment. EDIT: This also aligns with Wormi's post about Orc's Memory instance with all 3 being in Vanilla mode)

Gemini's Bell's ID is sandwiched between the item ID's that are speculated to be ingredients for forging Dagger of Edda although I don't think it fits the lore.

There are many ways to trigger a quest but it always involves an NPC. They could've introduced a new NPC along with the patch but they could've also put the scripts into existing ones.

Edited by lazyeye

Wormi    297
On 8/7/2017 at 9:25 AM, lazyeye said:

About the instances thing... Check out Sealed Shrine Quest. It has a reward item at 0.12% from Great Demon Baphomet. If I remember correctly, it's item ID is next to the ones you posted along. It could also be the shrine that you were referring. 0.12% but with a 24 hour cooldown sounds fair to me. And the instance is already profitable.

Glowing Orb was speculated to come from Vanilla ET (Which is also an instance). Following the patch that released the Dagger of Edda, there's a patch wherein people could use custom consumables (GJ and Meat + others, plase correct me if I'm wrong) for Vanilla ET, and just recently, Gonryun's MVP room also received that treatment. EDIT: This also aligns with Wormi's post about Orc's Memory instance with all 3 being in Vanilla mode)

Gemini's Bell's ID is sandwiched between the item ID's that are speculated to be ingredients for forging Dagger of Edda although I don't think it fits the lore.

There are many ways to trigger a quest but it always involves an NPC. They could've introduced a new NPC along with the patch but they could've also put the scripts into existing ones.

A long time ago (before the itemdb was updated and you could easily search for these items) I manually went through Item IDs in groups of ten. I found all of those items and posted them. Just like this thread is reiterating the following thread, stating more information about the orb was at the time redundant.

They were listed right next to the Dagger of Edda plans and the dagger itself in the itemdb and nothing else new was added during that (last June) patch round aside from consumables from the slot machine and costumes as far as we can tell. If that isn't a clear giveaway I don't know what is.

Edited by Wormi
  • Like 1

Pexe    1

The thing is. We need more Plot-related info of the quest than random items. Of course some of the items are related to it and holding something could trigger a different dialogue from a npc, or a place.

I thing Hephaestus is the master blacksmith, he says: "Master forge continues working".

When reading all the posts, looking a treasure poring can drop the Plans of Dagger... but the in database don't appear the drop... until now I kill 10 treasure porings... no plans and one treasure poring without portal.

Still looking...