Karpastein

How to fix the white screen problem!

Question

First of all, sorry for any eventual mistake. English is not my primary language.

So, after 2 days (yes, 2 f.days) i found out that some 32-bits programs are incompatible with 64-bits based system AND with more than 2 or 4 CPU cores. Yeah... no kidding...
I was getting the white screen error everytime I tried to play the game. Start Game on patcher than BAM, White Screen of Doom and stopped working.

As said before, my system is 64 bits and the exe is 32 bit and I have a 6 core (AMD FX 6300).  While searching I found out this link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53426-63-solved-32bit-program-longer-working-64bit-win7

And then this thread:

So the thing is: 
- Create a talonexe.exe shortcut
- Right click 
- Properties
- Target line goes for  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2 "the path you have"  -1sak1  
- Open the game through the shortcut.

You will still need to open the patcher to... patch new patches... and the setup works normaly.

And with that my game is working perfectly now :D 
Hope it helps if somebody is having the same problem and compatibility mode or others alternatives aren't working. This might be your case too.

And a big thanks to Ramesses for (somehow) helping in this too!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • No1 1

4 answers to this question

On 10/4/2017 at 12:05 PM, Karpastein said:

First of all, sorry for any eventual mistake. English is not my primary language.

So, after 2 days (yes, 2 f.days) i found out that some 32-bits programs are incompatible with 64-bits based system AND with more than 2 or 4 CPU cores. Yeah... no kidding...
I was getting the white screen error everytime I tried to play the game. Start Game on patcher than BAM, White Screen of Doom and stopped working.

As said before, my system is 64 bits and the exe is 32 bit and I have a 6 core (AMD FX 6300).  While searching I found out this link:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53426-63-solved-32bit-program-longer-working-64bit-win7

And then this thread:

So the thing is: 
- Create a talonexe.exe shortcut
- Right click 
- Properties
- Target line goes for  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2 "the path you have"  -1sak1  

You will still need to open the patcher to... patch new patches... and the setup works normaly.

And with that my game is working perfectly now :D 
Hope it helps if somebody is having the same problem and compatibility mode or others alternatives aren't working. This might be your case too.

And a big thanks to Ramesses for (somehow) helping in this too!

Hello,

I am having the same problem.
My Talon RO is intalled under Drive C>GAMES>TALON RO

could u advise me what should i do? i am bad with computer stuff.
Thank you so much for helping.

Just now, GM Venus said:

Have you followed the instructions?

Hello GM,

I dont understand what i am supposed to do with this part : - Target line goes for  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2 "the path you have"  -1sak1  

what is this mean? sorry i am bad with computers. it used to work fine for me. Tried reinstalling too. but still not working yet.

5 minutes ago, Ashley Wong said:

Right click 
- Properties

Have you followed the instructions? Tell us if it solved your problem.

• Love 1