Sign in to follow this  
Karpastein

How to fix the white screen problem!

Question

On 10/11/2017 at 6:54 PM, Ashley Wong said:

Hello GM,

I dont understand what i am supposed to do with this part : - Target line goes for  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2 "the path you have"  -1sak1  

what is this mean? sorry i am bad with computers. it used to work fine for me. Tried reinstalling too. but still not working yet.

check 3rd party sound application software and just exit that application, this is what i did on my alienware, closed "alienware sound center"and can play smoothly. switching between dota 2 and ragnarok now. just need to enable alienware sound center again to play dota 2

6 hours ago, ArwahSuketi said:

check if you have C:\windows\system32

or just click "search" (the magnifier glass icon next to "start"), type CMD - it will show you CMD icon, rightclick it and pick "open location of file" or something like that - 2nd option.. it will show you, where your cmd.exe is.. use this path instead and see if it helps..

i have this problem right now.. yeah i followed the steps..it did launch the game but i have activated a bonus bundle..my problem is any changes i make in the memo. it wont save..for example i set alt+1 to !return.. then when i close the window memo it always go back to the default 

- i have a windows 10 asus laptop, i played talonro for almost a month without problems then suddenly after a windows automatic update it became like this

Hey i know its a dmn old Thread .... but i still got this problem and can't solved this with this method.

is there a other Idea t solve this white Screen shit?

i'm really sorry but this whole thread makes literally no sense to me... i'm not a smart person by any means so every solution is just horribly confusing. 

my path is "(C:) -> Games -> TalonRO". what do i do from there? if possible, please write out the rest of what i should add to the path so i can just copy and paste it or else i'll never be able to play this game ;_;

Edited by Kedarui
i feel like i sounded too blunt so i wanted to add a softener

I had the same problem after I connected a third monitor, that has cloned the screen of the first one. You probably have to try out all the display options in the setup menu. In my case, the last two NVIDIA entrys are working (see screenshot). 

fix.jpg

Hello, I try to play again, but my game does not enter. After downloading the patch it is on the second screen.
already did all the process recommented here without support but nothing solved, anyone have any idea?

0001.png

0002.png

Edited by Gr4mp0L4z

On 17/6/2018 at 5:38 AM, antibacterial said:

I encountered this white screen. Fixed by below step.

• Install "TalonRO"
  • Install "Microsoft C++ Redistributable Packages 2008 and 2012"
  • Close "Alienware Sound Center"

System Specs: Alienware 15 R3 | Windows 10 - 64 bit | Nvidia GTX 1070

i also have an alienware. Resolved by closing alienware sound.. Thanks!

I've been having trouble with issues as well. I've tried the C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe  shortcut and so far it doesn't seem to be working. I do have sonic studio 2 on my PC but it didn't work after terminating it from the background.  I'm hoping a GM may be able to help guide me to one of two other things I havn't tried.

Thank You

On 1/11/2019 at 2:02 PM, shkoddi said:

Hello, guys.

Creating link with path (C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2  F:\games\TalonRO\talonexe.exe -1sak1)  is only one part for problem solving for me.

Second part is enable compatibility mode for file talonexe.exe with Vista (i run on Windows 10 now)

image.png.d5acaa2868253f454814fdff9746f96f.png

This particular setup is working for me. I am running on windows 10, amd fx480 and dual screens. Thank you!

Anyone got solution for these?

Using a new ASUS laptop, uninstalled all the useless and factory apps.

Did redirecting the target as mentioned above

Checked my task manager and theres no such sonic master thing

But im still having white screen forever

tnx for this fix this works for me  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 2 C:\Games\TalonRO\talonexe.exe -1sak1

Is there any way to run this shortcut as administrator? Ive got everything set up and it works well but the problem is I want to run it as administrator cause without it I can't save any shortcuts ingame (ctrl+m) cause it resets when i close the window.  The error i get when i try to run it as admin is this one image.png.91eb1b4766e08d95c021aa388e6cfc80.png

I was having this issue as well. The shortcut target fix did not work, and I didn't have any sound software to disable.

What did work was changing my Graphics Device in the launcher to one of the ones named after my GPU, like so:

5b397d8e4f.png

Direct3D HAL and Direct3D T&L HAL were both white-screening, but any of the other settings work just fine--for reference, I have three monitors and that was probably causing my problem.

Just now, GM Venus said:

Have you followed the instructions?

Hello GM,

I dont understand what i am supposed to do with this part : - Target line goes for  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2 "the path you have"  -1sak1  

what is this mean? sorry i am bad with computers. it used to work fine for me. Tried reinstalling too. but still not working yet.