Sign in to follow this  
GM Howl

Seasonal Update | Festival of Witches and More!

Nov-News-Banner.png

TalonRO's newest haunted festival has landed! For centuries, each annual Festival of Witches has been hidden from the view of the living - and each year has always produced a clear winner between the two rival schools. But, for the first time in nearly three centuries following the dark era of Ragnarok, an unprecedented tie between the two schools emerged on Halloween night! In order to break the tie between their students, the witches have extended their festival for the first time and opened its magic to the residents of Midgard. Since the adventurers of Midgard are new, their fresh take on the ancient festival will surely yield a clear winner - and it will be up to you to fight for a side in the end in this year's Halloween celebration: the Festival of Witches

Witch-Fest.png.d6faa6840c1b773085ba67f3c829e321.png

You're officially invited to this year's Festival of Witches! Long considered a hidden festival of the witching academies, the two most prestigious schools of the dark arts have found themselves bound into an ancient traditional festival and competition to see which school's pupils have gained true sight into the powers of the dead. The Necromancers and the Spirit Channelers, Niflheim's two most powerful practitioners of the dark arts, have used the time of Halloween to test their finely-honed mystic arts in friendly competition for bragging rights in their mastery of magic.

more_info2.pngThe Festival of Witches

• This year's Halloween event - the Festival of Witches - is an all-new seasonal event now available to play
    • For full details, visit our Official Events section of the forums and learn all about this year's Festival event!
    • To begin gameplay right away, visit with the Halloween Warper NPC in Prontera to begin and be assigned to a school!
    • We hope that you enjoy this year’s Festival of Witches - running now and ending on November 23rd at 6:00pm Midgard (server) time.

Game-Banner.png.c3ee99a06b08733f0a881da9ee29ae7b.png

We're also happy to take this opportunity to include a few more gameplay changes! As always, we're dedicated to keeping TalonRO fresh with the latest updates and changes - and we're always delighted to take every chance to do just that! Our latest gameplay changes are designed to address essential needs to make your gaming experience on TalonRO the best that it can be! Read below for our latest gameplay changes:

more_info2.pngGameplay Changes

• Restrictions on new costumes being available in the Dressing Coach has been removed.
    • This restriction lift may however change as deemed necessary - thank you for your understanding!
  • The GMC Saen MVP has received slight edits to its skill base.

Bug-Fix.png

Our latest bug fixes are also part of our ongoing effort to ensure that TalonRO runs smoothly, and that your experience is running at full capacity! TalonRO always takes the opportunity with our monthly updates to address any lingering issues through player-based bug reports or those brought to our attention - all with the hope of making your gaming time great. Read below for this month's latest bug fixes:

more_info2.pngBug Fixes

• Fixed the Gryphon Hat's casting rate of Lightning Loader to its proper described rate.

We hope that you enjoy the Festival of Witches event - going on now through November 23rd, ending at 6:00pm Midgard (server) time - and, as always, happy gaming from all of us on TalonRO!

It is our great pleasure and privilege to proudly feature artwork from the TalonRO community as part of our monthly patch update series!
Artwork featured in this month's update includes work from PhantomPuppeteer, Orchestra, Yoshimi, Elza, Antei Kun, Marly, and GM Spica!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GM Seiren
      There’s nothing better than a great weekend with friends on TalonRO! Whether you’re exploring through the Eden Group missions and offerings, taking on one of Midgard’s challenging deep dungeons, gearing up for a riveting GMC, or adventuring your way through in classic style - a weekend on TalonRO is always fun and exciting!
      But it’s even better when there’s an EXP event! This weekend, we’re having a special 12x EXP weekend, along with an additional +25% EXP for completing Eden Group board quests!
      Enjoy this special weekend of additional adventuring with friends starting this Friday, July 13 (a lucky day in this case!) just after midnight through Sunday, July 15 ending at 11:59pm.
      The added bonus experience is an opportunity to go on an adventure with a new party, explore a dungeon that you've never tried before, or conquer that difficult instance you've been meaning to take on! With 12x EXP this weekend, your effort will be maximized to its fullest. We hope that you have a great weekend exploring all that Midgard has to offer.

Enjoy 12x Base and Job EXP rates this weekend as special thanks for being part of the TalonRO community! Our EXP rate bonus weekend will begin at one minute after midnight on Friday, July 13th and end at 11:59pm on Sunday, July 15th. The voting goal will be temporarily paused during this time to ensure the EXP remains in effect. Be sure to still vote for higher rates when the bonus weekend ends - your votes will still count during this time for when the EXP event ends! You’ll also receive an additional +25% EXP on all Eden Group board quests, making it a great time to start or complete some of these great new adventures! This bonus also carries over to the Item Turn Ins - so try them out for additional amazing experience!
      In addition, please be sure to look forward to the upcoming Battlegrounds release as well as our Summer festivities!
      Thank you everyone and enjoy!
    • By Reclusio Perpetua
      Hello Players! Since I've been playing TalonRO for years, I want to add some fun in the server besides from participating GM events. I ask permission and got approved by a GM to make an event!  
      So, I have 1,000 Gift Boxes in my kafra storage and will also serve as a Part 2 guide in the future which will be the last guide for opening Gift Boxes.
      HOW TO PLAY: Guess the number of Old Purple Boxes that I will get from opening 1,000 Gift Boxes
      HOW TO DETERMINE THE WINNERS: Players who luckily guessed it correctly will be rewarded by me through mailbox (I will post my character Reclusio Perpetua rewarding the winners in the thread through video)
      REWARDS: 
      8M : 1st player who made an entry and guessed it correctly.
      2m : 2nd player who made an entry and guessed it correctly.
      1m : 3rd player who made an entry and guessed it correctly.
      1m : 4th player who made an entry and guessed it correctly.
      1m : 5th player who made an entry and guessed it correctly.
      In case that nobody guessed it correctly. The first 5 entries who guessed it very close to the correct amount will be rewarded by me.

Warning: 
      1. Any multiple entries will be considered disqualified.
      2. Any edits in your entry will be considered disqualified.
      3. Multiple forum accounts is a violation of TalonRO rules. 

Duration of the event: 1 week  (I will post a reply of "closed" after 1 week and entries after my "closed" reply will no longer be counted. I will post a video of my char opening 1k Gift Boxes after I close the event so that players will see and can also verify it for themselves. I will verify the winners within 24 hours after I reply "closed".
      There must only be 1 entry per player.
      Each player must follow this format for their entry: (Must be red bold, and complete words, no apostrophes) Here is a sample entry:
      "This is my entry: 20 Old Purple Boxes
      Mail it to this IGN if I win: blame20"

You may review the guide for estimates. Will you be the lucky one?  
      EDIT: Event will close on Saturday - July 7, 2018 server time.
      EDIT: Do not make your IGNs complicated especially IGNs with mixed letter (i) and small letter (L) and other related confusing and complex IGNs. 
    • By GM Elixia
      Talonians! 

We are are in dire need of your help!
      An evil force has bewitched TalonRO and have petrified all our craftsmen and craftswomen!
      In an effort to strengthen the protection of the realm, we now need your mystical skills to take over as the new armorers of TalonRO until the High GMs have concocted a cure for petrification.   
      When you envision the perfect headgear do you see a hulking fortress of metal and chain? Or maybe something with intricate carvings? Perhaps a powerful headgear disguised as something cute and inconspicuous?
      What kind would it be? Share your ideas and draw it!
       Prepare your mystical materials and craft the best headgear TalonRO has ever seen!

Submission Deadline
      Friday, 31st of March 2018
      Midnight Server Time

▶ WHAT DO I SUBMIT? ◀︎

Entries may be drawn either traditionally (by hand) or digitally. Entries must be presented in colour. Entries must be original. NO copying from existing RO headgear. NO copying from other games. NO plagiarism. Entries deemed copied shall be disqualified or removed from the contest. Entries may be shown in either Front View or 3/4 Angle View. (Choose the angle that best shows the details of your design!) Entries may be submitted with more than (1) One View/Angle. Entries must have a *Name* and  *Description*. (Bonus points if you add a story about it! Showcasing STATS is optional). Entries must show clear details, it must be presented so that your design is seen clearly! No blurry scans or pixelated posts.  Entries must be placed into this Headgear Frame Template (the .PSD file allows you to edit the text for the "Name" and "Description/Stats"). DO NOT change the font used (Courier New, 8pt size).

Use this  to download the Adobe Photoshop .PSD file and the Transparent .PNG file Entries must be PG. NO NSFW details please. Here's a submission example! 
      (This is in a pixel art style, entries may be drawn by hand or digitally in a different style )

▶ HOW DO I SUBMIT? ◀︎

Post your entries by replying to this thread.  Include your In-Game Name in the post, along with your submission. You are allowed to submit multiple entries for this competition. If posting additional entries before the deadline, please edit your first submission post instead.
      ▶ HOW DO I WIN? ◀︎

Entries will be judged and chosen according to the following criteria;
      50%        Headgear Design / Visual Aesthetics 40%        Headgear Description / Detail / Story 10%        Headgear Name / Cleverness
      ▶ WHAT DO I WIN? ◀︎

We are so glad you asked! 

FIRST PRIZE (1 winner will get;)

1     Exclusive Pet "Moonlight"     1     MARCH Costume Box   15   Talon Coins   500 Eden Merit Badges
      SECOND PRIZE (1 winner will get;)
        1     MARCH Costume Box   10   Talon Coins   250 Eden Merit Badges
      THIRD PRIZE (1 winner will get;)
        1     MARCH Costume Box   5     Talon Coins   100 Eden Merit Badges

Want more challenge? Or more  TC to line your pockets with? 
      Take the "GM PRIZE TO THE SKIES" challenge and include up to three of these in your entry.  

If you're chosen as one of the 3 winners, only then will these TC prizes will be added to your main prize.
      Non-winners will not be eligible for the extra TC's.
      Just for clarification, be sure to tell us which challenges you've included in your forum post.

The GM Elixia Challenge:          +3 Pixel Player Pusher : Present your headgear in a sprite / pixel art style. The GM Rainbow Challenge:   +3 Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them : Use your imagination to create an original and new magical beast, then base your headgear on that new beast and provide its backstory in its description. The GM Radius Challenge:       +3 Undivided Tri-Forte : Create a three-piece headgear set consisting upper, middle and lower headgear! The GM Phoenix Challenge:    +2 Mythical Hat : Create a headgear that's based on Norse Mythology, or another real world mythology of your choosing. The GM Lance Challenge:         +1 Fuzzy Hare : Create a headgear that oozes bunny appeal! The GM Kuma Challenge:         +1 Bear-y Hungry : Create a headgear that features food! The GM Spica Challenge:          +1 Pink Madness : Create a headgear that has pink in it! The GM Mimi Challenge:          +1 Vision Impairment Is A Chance For Fashion : Create a headgear that covers the eyes! The GM Copal Challenge:         +1 Disguise Yourself : Create a headgear that covers your face. The GM Zelda Challenge:         +1 Magical Girl : Create a headgear inspired by your favourite Magical Girl! The GM Haru Challenge:          +1 Flower Forever : Create a headgear inspired by spring and stylise it with flowers! The GM Luna Challenge:          +1 Starfire : Create a headgear inspired by the moon & stars! The GM Mikzie Challenge:       +1 Mermaid Melody : Create a headgear inspired by the ocean! The GM Venus Challenge:        +1 Shape Shifter : Create a headgear inspired by animals (e.g Fox's ears, Tiger's mouth, Racoon's tail, etc)  
      Remember! You are allowed to submit multiple entries for this competition! 
      Winning entries — might — eventually be implemented in-game!

We look forward to your entries, and hope you're having a fantastic time here in TalonRO!