Sign in to follow this  
GM Howl

Special Event | Black Friday Weekend

Announcement-Black-Friday.png

Shopping mania has arrived to Midgard! News of a mysterious traveling Magical Merchant is spreading across the nine worlds - but it is not his presence that is causing quite a stir, it is his item inventory. No one seems to know where he has come from, but they do know that he is only visiting Midgard for one weekend - this Saturday (Nov. 25) at midnight, and departing Midgard on Sunday (Nov. 26) at 2359 Midgard (server) time!

Be on the lookout for the Magical Merchant, and your chance to score some extremely rare, special, and amazing costumes and items. Read below to learn more about how this event on TalonRO works, and how you can come away with something extra special!

BF-1.png

The Black Friday Weekend begins with the tale of the Magical Merchant and his legendary inventory. This mysterious traveler is carrying a wide range of costumes and items - some of which have barely been seen by most adventurers. It may be unclear how he amassed such rare and exquisite items, but the Magical Merchant is clear about wanting to share his inventory among the people in Midgard!

The Magical Merchant has stated that he is carrying a number of rare costumes and a few other great surprises, and will offer a limited stock of each costume or item every hour. If you have missed out on one of the items - as he may offer the costume or item again over the weekend, but it also might be one and done! One unique item is offered every hour in limited quantity. Some costumes or items might be offered multiple times in the weekend, while others may only appear once in the entire two-day period! Although there is a limited stock, the Magical Merchant wants to make sure that Talonians from all times and locations have an opportunity to purchase his wares.

What are these many exciting costumes and items? No one can say for certain - they are as rare as they are mysterious. Only perhaps through word of mouth will you be able to learn what the offerings are. However, if you encounter the Magical Merchant on your travels, stop and say hello - and be sure to bring lots of Zeny for your potential purchase and room in your inventory - as you would hate to pass up an opportunity like this!

BF-2.png

Shopping the Black Friday sale with the Magical Merchant is relatively easy - but it will not be as simple as camping around him!

At the start of every hour, the Magical Merchant will appear in a new town! It is unknown which town he will show up in, and his presence will be unannounced. This means that you will have to search the towns available through the Warp Girl to look high and low for the Magical Merchant. Finding him, however, will potentally reward you with something rare and wonderful!

When finding the Magical Merchant, speak with him to learn what his current offer is, if he still has any left in stock, and what the price is. Because these are rare costumes and items, the prices will surely be rather high! However, good things indeed carry a price - and these items are no exception; after all, he has been traveling the world to accumulate them!

When all of the items he is selling that hour are gone, that is it for the hour! You will need to wait until the next hour to find him in a new town and see what his current offer is. Do not forget, if you have missed out on an item you really wanted, the Magical Merchant may offer it again throughout the event - but some may only appear once in the weekend!

However, some news has been confirmed as to the Magical Merchant and his appearance! It has been said that he will first appear in a random town on Saturday at midnight to begin the Black Friday weekend sale. Act fast while his supplies last - because in another hour, he will depart for a new town with new stock!

On a final note, the Magical Merchant insists that his costumes and items, once sold, are account-bound - as such treasures are meant to stay with you! We hope that you will walk away with something wonderful and rare this Black Friday shopping holiday - and thank you as always for your continued enjoyment of TalonRO! Happy Gaming!

• Like 1
  • Fsh 2
  • Love 2
  • Omg 2

Yehooo !! I look forward to Him. I really wanted to buy a kakoo-horn .. But I do not have that much currency .. I hope that I will be able to buy a horn with a discount on which I will have enough of my money ...

• Love 1
  • No1 2
  • Sorry 4
  • Wah 1

i really love the reaction of some people seeing the vend of magical merchant 225m for GTH and account bound.

Is it going to be forum bound with the impending implemention of the sharing of account bount costumes?? :)

• Like 1

This event is terrible honestly >_____________< Have to hunt a freaking NPC just to get costumes that are expensive AF! sitting this one out... lame

• Like 1
  • No1 1

I'm quiting and uninstalling this game because of this event. How are new players supposed to enjoy this game if you're making unrealistic in-game events impossible? This is just shameful.

• Like 2
  • No1 1
  • Sob 1

8 hours ago, GM Howl said:

However, good things indeed carry a price - and these items are no exception

Lets see...
Does not say discounted
Does not say for newbies
Does not obligate you to buy..
Does  say rare and exceptional even if its account bound (which one item, as far as I know was not attainable before.. but don't hold me to that I might have missed an update or a box or some sorta costume history.)
Should not be prioritized by newbies to spend on instead of good gears.. ( has been said many times over and over by many )
Some other costumes come for free on quests that only requires time and effort... so.. Yes, this event are mostly for those who collect now and have worked long and hard to farm for their end-game stuff and have nothing much more to spend on but costumes that don't have any character benefit but just status symbol and that's it. No, I haven't bought anything from it cause I don't see any benefit for my character and yes, don't you have to at least work hard to get what you want, wanna look cool but your gears are crappy then what's the point? 

Current costume prices now on the market (photo below)... these are crazy prices already to begin with for stat less items and they are tradable AND still in supply in the market.5a1908ca6dc29_costumeprices.jpg.d23ed0818f0147db67ec89ada802b289.jpg

Please don't hate, my opinion does not reflect the event or the server and its staff, I do not speak for anyone else and these are my own thoughts that I am sharing. Please do delete my post if its too offensive or violate terms and conditions. But HEY! Cheer up guys, costumes ain't everything~ I hope some of you do reconsider playing instead of taking this short event to heart.

• Love 2

Great News...

Time for Shopping :), I hope I can get some rare costume (Angeling Tall Hat with 2 angeling on both side flying like WTH style /gg)

Thanks GM for such a wonderful event :)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, tmason717 said:

I'm quiting and uninstalling this game because of this event. How are new players supposed to enjoy this game if you're making unrealistic in-game events impossible? This is just shameful.

Black, Friday is all about spending money in the real world, poor people cannot participate in it. This event is themed around that and just a zeny sink, it is not meant for people who cannot afford the items. On top of that the NPC is only selling costumes which give you no advantage over other players, so feel free to simply pass on this one. I passed on Black Friday as well, my neighbour got himself a new TV. Am I mad? No sir.

• Like 1
  • Heh 2
  • Love 2
  • No1 3

4 hours ago, tmason717 said:

Relax bro, this is just cultural event and it won't last forever, it is just two days event and gone, it is not gonna affect people who can't buy as well, it's just for some damn rich people who don't know where to spent their zeny (including me >.<") and for fashion, life is always a choice, no one going to force you to buy either. cheers up bro and be positive!

If you are a new player here, I can offer you a help for helping you leveling but not zeny, PM Me anytime whenever I am online, I always AFK at Prontera and based at Lutie. Cheers.

10 minutes ago, GM Boreas said:

Black, Friday is all about spending money in the real world, poor people cannot participate in it. This event is themed around that and just a zeny sink, it is not meant for people who cannot afford the items. On top of that the NPC is only selling costumes which give you no advantage over other players, so feel free to simply pass on this one. I passed on Black Friday as well, my neighbour got himself a new TV. Am I mad? No sir.

Hahaha, GM Boreas still having the Fat TV (80s-90s TV) while your neighbour having a Flat TV. Peace (^_^)V

Like me, I still drive my old Mercedes and my friend got a Porsche, I can't afford it and I don't bother haha, life is never fair :(

• Like 1

I get the feeling that a lot of people simply don't understand what this event is about.

These are costumes that can not be obtained through regular means at all. You cannot get them through GMC and not through Wave Challenge either. They are exclusive costumes that are usually only given out during events where often they were rare as well.

They are account bound because they were account bound during the event. That, plus if we would not make them account bound, a very rich player would simply buy everything and resell it with profit. How is that fair?

It's not an event to get discount costumes or something that's for every player out there. It's simply an event where people can get exclusive costumes at a steep price. Most of these costumes are not available anymore and will not in the future either. Some of them aren't even available at all.

90% of the events we release and those that are hosted by Event GMs are suitable for every player out there. There can be one out there (do we even call this an event?) that caters to those willing to spend for exclusivity.

If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. Those who do want to buy it will buy it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cassidy said:

Still the best costume sold was Stall of Angel for only 100M :D totally cheap <3

erm you afk'ed inside gmc to buy and you didint tell me its on sale.. /desp

• Heh 1

4 hours ago, khrei said:

erm you afk'ed inside gmc to buy and you didint tell me its on sale.. /desp

Wahhh i did tell you guys, yoou're too busy killing VR /sob

• Sob 1

Positives:

event items and exclusives are limited and at high dolla value

I like that some items have been offered more than once so it doesn't discriminate against timezones

some more 'gear' would be nice o3o (costumes and visual changes are nais but the occasional high-->low price regular item would be nice for a more competitive side)

Negatives:

Not MASTER account bound

can't resell if change of mind purchase

*this is happening around CHRISTMAS and there's no gifting option* unless you want to TELL the person (who may be in a different time zone) that you want to buy them something and then have them get on, trade them the money and have them buy their own gift

Loved this event, managed to grab one of the costumes that I wanted. Doesn't matter that it's account bound, its way under the price you'd spend for the tradeable one anyways. I may actually regret not buying more XD. 

How often does this event happen - I know its black-friday so once a year? I've been on hiatus for a very long time.

7 hours ago, Keigo Kaneshiro said:

last costume, piggyback or stall of angel please....T_T'

I missed it when I was AFK

What were the last (1 or) 2 costumes? :)

Edited by Fifi

Sign in to follow this