Sign in to follow this  
GM Howl

Christmas | Holiday Celebration Event!

Ooo! This looks really fun! I'll be eager to dive into it when I get home from work tomorrow. This will also be my first Christmas on TalonRO! I'm excited to check it out and hopefully record some videos! Thanks for putting this all together, guys! /lv

• Like 1
  • No1 1

great idea for the Christmas event, heres to hoping i get at least one or two of costume and pet at the vending machine by the end of this event /heh. Happy Holidays everyone!

• No1 1

/fshCool, this is the the event that I have been waiting for every year, the Christmas Event, lots of enjoyment through this festive seasons. Thanks a lot GMs for the Event /awsm

Merry Christmas to All TalonRO GMs and Players, Wishing You All Blessing Christmas and Happy Holiday /gawi

Warm Christmas Wishes

Time Traveler

• Like 1
  • No1 1

if anyone is interested in the Walking Angeling, Let it Snow, Choco Mini Hat costumes in the vend machine and want to know what it looks like here,screenTalonRO039.jpg.1b9d62888638ac9b03bb5d174d37fe2e.jpgcostume-choco-hat.jpg.929b5c1fd95801bb94a7a107b7ad73ec.jpg

Edited by Talongese
added choco mini hat
  • No1 1

On 12/24/2017 at 6:52 AM, GM Howl said:

Finally, account bound items from this year's Christmas Event can also be claimed on any of your other game accounts which are associated with your master account!

• To claim a Christmas account bound item on one of your other game accounts, simply speak with the Vending Machine NPC in Lutie. Once a Christmas account bound item has been obtained, this item will be added to a list of available items at the Vending Machine NPC, allowing you to obtain a "copy" of that item that will be account bound to that new account.
  • For example, say you had received a special Christmas costume from this year's event which is account bound. Simply log into one of your other game accounts if desired, speak with the NPC in Lutie, and you can get a copy of that item!
  • These items will always be account bound, but will allow you to have another version unique to your account as well - allowing you to enjoy your earnings on any of your characters & accounts!
  • Items which are eligible for this special vending machine option include costumes and pets from the Snowflake Coin machine in the Enchanted Village, as well as potential items coming from the Christmas Giftboxes this year.
  • This new feature is also being tested for other potential use cases, and will only work with this year's Christmas items as mentioned above. However, the intent for this NPC is to be used in the future for other event-driven account bound items - as such, we hope to make this NPC a permanent fixture in the same location for reliable purposes!

Very happy to have read this. I gathered on xmas event costumes but across different accounts. =)

As my post was deleted from the suggestions section I'll happily repost it here.

It has to do with the marbles and the cheapo Santa who's bag always seems to be empty.

It appears that he only has 10 gifts for each day, and if you aren't on at the proper time you have no chance in obtaining one even if you do have the correct marbles. (They were gone in 5 seconds)

Santa's Marbles is one of this year's most challenging, and rewarding, special minigames!

• Collect Marbles throughout this year's events - each Marble will be inscribed with a letter upon it.
  • A new holiday-themed word will be listed for you to try and complete with Marbles from your inventory.
  • If you can spell out the word of the day with your Marbles, you'll be able to trade them in for some truly incredible prizes!
  • Once a player gets a prize, the word will change to something new!

There's nothing posted to suggest that there is a limit although I agree with the 24 hour cool down to allow others to have a chance this does little to assist those who are working or sleeping.

My suggestion was simply that Santa has 10 gifts in his bag to go with each of his announcements. Was that such a horrible thing to suggest?

I am enjoying the event don't get me wrong about that but this one aspect is certainly in need of adjustment.

Note: Kudos to the ability to collect all account bound items on all accounts. :)

• Sob 1

I actually replied to your suggestion  that we will consider it for next year. No clue why it was deleted. Sorry for that. I still hope that you enjoy the event nevertheless. :)

is the Event Item Machine NPC permanent? or you gonna remove it after the event?

• No1 1

So my post was deleted so i'll just say this.. the EVENT VENDING MACHINE in ENCHANTED VILLAGE sells items that are ACCOUNT BOUND but you can't put them in storage

to transfer to a different character in the SAME ACCOUNT might as well call them CHARACTER BOUND ITEMS!

5 hours ago, btl21 said:

So my post was deleted so i'll just say this.. the EVENT VENDING MACHINE in ENCHANTED VILLAGE sells items that are ACCOUNT BOUND but you can't put them in storage

to transfer to a different character in the SAME ACCOUNT might as well call them CHARACTER BOUND ITEMS!

Your post was probably deleted cause you could have just sent a support ticket to request to undo your purchase, plus this is not the right place to be complaining as you were already told before.. and for the record the Snowflake Coins used to purchase rentals are storable and no "rental" box even from the regular rental npc which use (untradeable/unstorable) bronze coins were ever storable, I would imagine for good reason and avoid abuse..

Probably to prevent that new Event Item Machine in Lutie from recording rentals to be distributed across your game accounts cause its from the same npc, hence playing for more coins useless...[But this part is just a theory..] Will also not be surprised if both our post will be deleted this time too.

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2017 at 7:00 PM, Sniggy said:

As my post was deleted from the suggestions section I'll happily repost it here.

It has to do with the marbles and the cheapo Santa who's bag always seems to be empty.

It appears that he only has 10 gifts for each day, and if you aren't on at the proper time you have no chance in obtaining one even if you do have the correct marbles. (They were gone in 5 seconds)

There's nothing posted to suggest that there is a limit although I agree with the 24 hour cool down to allow others to have a chance this does little to assist those who are working or sleeping.

My suggestion was simply that Santa has 10 gifts in his bag to go with each of his announcements. Was that such a horrible thing to suggest?

I am enjoying the event don't get me wrong about that but this one aspect is certainly in need of adjustment.

Note: Kudos to the ability to collect all account bound items on all accounts. :)

Report this cheapo Santa please! /gawi

Edited by junomel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 05/01/2018 at 1:59 PM, btl21 said:

it's account bound, you can put in your kafra storage or you can claim as many char as you want, also it's unlimited.

after you purchased from the vending machine and you can claim the costume on your other character even in different account as long as it's the account in your forum account.

I have claimed 12 costume of each different costume on each account, and I have 10 account, so total 120 costumes each times 3 costume 360 costumes in total, it's also applied on the Pet Eggs as well. if you don't need it just simply sell it to npc with 0z. I do it because I get bored :)

Happy Gaming V

Time Traveler

Edited by Keigo Kaneshiro

What were the last prize in santa's socks? Day 6 asked me to put 17 candys on it and now santa's house is closed. There will be any reward or no?

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GM Howl
      Easter officially visits Midgard this year with the Great Golden Easter Egg Hunt! Perhaps you've been enjoying this year's daily Easter Egg Hunt challenges in the forums - but now, the action comes to Midgard in a special springtime event! Collect a variety of items from all over the world to compose your very own Golden Easter Egg. What you'll find inside this year might be something truly special!

The Golden Easter Egg hunt is back! To begin, speak with the warper NPC in Prontera and start on your very own Easter egg hunt! The goal of the Easter Event is to make a Golden Easter Egg. Opening these eggs may give you some wonderful items if you're lucky this year! While the items inside are good and better than previous years (new costumes!), they do take a while to obtain and you'll have to put in some effort this season. To do this, you'll need to complete the three pieces of the putting together a Golden Easter Egg: Collect Easter Eggs. Find as many eggs as you can within five minutes at the Easter Egg minigame. This challenge is tough, as you won't actually be able to see these Easter eggs! You will occasionally instead see/hear a blinking effect. If you run over an egg, you will get it in your inventory! T There is no Golden Egg for the one who has most eggs. However, the one who finds more than half of the eggs (only for exceptional, rare contestants) on the map will be rewarded with a Golden Egg. There are two waiting rooms for the event so that more people can enjoy it at the same time as well. You'll need five people to play with you on this minigame as well. Obtain Easter Ribbons and Easter Paint. This year, you'll be on the lookout for two special new mobs across the world: Happy Eggs and Strange Eggs. These eggs will spawn randomly all over the world of Midgard. Simply kill these monsters when you find them, and you'll be able to obtain Easter Ribbons or Easter Paints! There's also a chance to win some other fun and assorted goodies from these monsters as well - so bring some room in your inventory for some additional loot! Combine all the items together to make your own Golden Easter Egg! We've also added in new costumes and pets to this year's Golden Easter Egg. We hope that you enjoy these items - and that you'll get something wonderfully worthwhile as well!
      Throughout this year's Easter celebrations, we have a few fun Easter Invasions coming to a town near you as well! Be on the lookout for the following special challenge:
      Every few hours, the Easter Peco will invade a random town! This powerful MVP is certainly not easy to defeat, but its rewards are well worth it. Several other monsters will invade the town as well. Defeat the monsters and there will be lots of Porings on the entire map that might just drop some nice loot! We hope that you are enjoying the Spring season and that you have an enjoyable Easter on TalonRO! Best of luck in this year's Easter event - and as always, Happy Gaming!

The Easter Event will be ending on April 8th
    • By GM Seiren
      The month of December is here, and our countdown to Christmas has arrived to usher in the spirit of the holiday season. We're thankful for every member of the TalonRO community, and this year we're pleased to present our Third-Annual Advent Calendar giveaway as a countdown to Christmas!

If you're unfamiliar with this concept, Advent Calendars are special calendars which mark each day from now through Christmas Eve. Behind each day on the calendar is often something nice - a small gift in celebration of the big day coming on December 25th! This year, we're pleased to continue our holiday tradition to say thank you for being part of the TalonRO community and to celebrate you with countdown to Christmas - complete with presents!

We're pleased to thank the entire TalonRO community with special small prizes, all the way through December 24th! Claiming your own Advent Calendar prize is simple - though you'll want to make sure that you can log in each day to TalonRO in order to claim all of your prizes! There's no way to collect prizes for days which you have missed - so the only way to get them is to check the calendar each day from December 1 through December 24 on Christmas Eve!
      Claim your Advent Calendar prize in four easy steps:
      Visit the TalonRO Advent Calendar and look for today's date! You'll only be able to open a present from the calendar on that current day, so we hope that you won't miss any of them.
      Don't forget: all days start and end on Midgard (server) time - so be sure to note what time it is on TalonRO!
      Find the day's present in the calendar and click on it. Each present will have a special holiday greeting card, as drawn by members of the TalonRO community!
      View the work of our Advent Calendar Art Contest winners are this year by visiting the calendar each day.
      Along with the card, you'll receive a special unique code! Take this code to our Advent Calendar NPC in Lutie and enter the code exactly as you see it after opening your Advent Calendar present in the calendar.
      Remember: each code is unique to your Master Account!
      You'll receive your daily Advent Calendar prize if you've entered your code in correctly with the Advent Giver NPC in Lutie, It could be something small and useful, or something much more rare and wonderful!
      All of these gifts are our way of saying thank you for being part of the TalonRO community!

All Advent Calendar Gifts this year are account-bound and will only be available on the day they are offered - meaning that you can't log-in and collect prizes from later dates. To receive all 24 gifts, you'll need to visit the Advent Calendar and the NPC in Lutie each day from now through Christmas Eve.
      You'll also might be marveling at the wonderful artwork in this year's calendar, too! Incredible and amazing thanks go to all of the Talonian artists who helped make this year's Advent Calendar so special and unique! We hope that you enjoy the Advent Calendar - and that you might see your own creation in one of the presents, too!
      We hope this fun and wonderful countdown will help ring in the holiday season on TalonRO with lots of cheer and bright wishes. Although there is much more to come in December, our Advent Calendar is just the kickoff we hope that you'll enjoy! Our best wishes to you all for a wonderful holiday and thank you as always for your support! Happy Gaming!
    • By GM Howl
      You're officially invited to this year's Festival of Witches! Long considered a hidden festival of the witching academies, the two most prestigious schools of the dark arts have found themselves bound into an ancient traditional festival and competition to see which school's pupils have gained true sight into the powers of the dead. The Necromancers and the Spirit Channelers, Niflheim's two most powerful practitioners of the dark arts, have used the time of Halloween to test their finely-honed mystic arts in friendly competition for bragging rights in their mastery of magic.
      For centuries, each annual Festival of Witches has been hidden from the view of the living - and each year has always produced a clear winner between the two rival schools. But, for the first time in nearly three centuries following the dark era of Ragnarok, an unprecedented tie between the two schools emerged on Halloween night! The President of the Academies, Miriette, summoned each of the headmasters of the two rival school to meet in emergency session to determine how to break the tie between their students - and with it, a solution: for the first time, the witches have extended their festival and opened its magic to the residents of Midgard. Since the adventurers of Midgard are new, their fresh take on the ancient festival will surely yield a clear winner - and it will be up to you to fight for a side in the end in this year's Halloween celebration: the Festival of Witches!

Like Halloween celebrations of the past, this year's festival is action packed! However, the Festival of Witches presents an opportunity to experience an entirely new series of events, festivities, games, and goals! With an entirely new twist on a classic holiday adventure, this year's Festival of Witches presents a unique opportunity to play together, challenge your fellow adventurers, and - as always - win some absolutely fantastic prizes!

The Festival of Witches is, at its heart, a competition: the two most prestigious schools of witches have found themselves in a tie during this year's Halloween rivalry. As such, the invitation to the Festival of Witches requires you to first be assigned to a school affiliation. The prestigious school of Necromancers channel dark spirits, and as such wield power and might to command the dead to carry out their will. Spirit Channelers communicate with the forces of light and balance their energies to invoke the power of the spiritual plane. Far from being good vs. evil - each school of witchcraft uses their magic for powerful ends, and your goal is to first align yourself to one of the two schools to assist them in settling their unprecedented tie!
        School Affiliation
      Begin this year's Festival of Witches in the Academy Ground, dressed up to be a replica of Niflheim! Speak with the Halloween Warper in Prontera to enter! From there, she will assign you to one of the two rival schools of Witchcraft in Niflheim: The Spirit Channelers, led by Headmaster Azviar. The Necromancers, led by Headmaster Bryjar.
        Once in the Festival area, explore the festival of witches while supporting your assigned school team: The Spirit Channelers school - witches who use the forces of light to wield an array of spirit energies. The Necromancers school - witches who harness the mystic dark arts to command powerful magic.
        Note that your school assignment is chosen at random, and will apply to all characters within your master account. For the purposes of the Festival of Witches, we recommend consolidating your individual participation to one character - so you can maximize your earned points and prizes most effectively!
        Note as well that the Festival does not take place within the Warp Girl accessible map of Niflheim, but within a special, magically-protected transformed version of the Witching Academy which keeps the monsters out of the Festival! To access the event area, you will need to speak with the Halloween Warper in Prontera.
      In order to determine which of the schools reign supreme among the Witches of Niflheim, a series of magical and skill-based competitions are hosted at specific time-based intervals. This is to allow each faction to compete broomstick-to-broomstick as individuals and as a team across a variety of challenges. In between competitions, you and your alliance-mates will have the opportunity to pass the time away in microevents, such as the return of Blackjack, or embark on a longer school-specific progression quest to continue to earn points or tickets for you and your team!
      Activities rotate every hour during the Festival of Witches - and can include everything from Festival-wide events involving both schools, or very specific monster or MVP challenges which will require collaborative effort! The headmasters of each school are eager to put the schools through a variety of challenges and paces - requiring you to be ready for anything which comes at you! So suit up, gear up, and gather your friends together as you embark on competitions, quests, and challenges for points, tickets, and prizes!
        Competition Times & Matches
      The Festival of Witches revolves around a series of three distinct activities: Hourly Festival minigames Individual microevents School Quests & Specialty Adventures
        The Hourly Festival minigames rotate every hour, and may come from one of the following general types of minigames: Town-wide minigames. These games involve the participation of players across all of the Festival map. Great timed events include the return of favorites such as Simon Says, Simon Sequence, and Poring Seek. You'll encounter these games one at a time - and once the time is up, game progress will finish and team + individual points will be tallied! You'll also have a chance here to earn individual prize tickets as well. Limited capacity minigames. The Halloween Challenge, Zombie Run, and Devil's Claw Machine represent offerings of minigames where participation in the hour is limited to those who are able to sign up first! Rounds have been expanded in terms of capacity and speed to accommodate a significant number of players, but participation will be limited! For those players who aren't able to make the hourly deadline and capacity for a given event, there are other great options available through the School Quest or other activities in the Festival of Witches. Hunting minigames. No Festival of Witches would be complete without having an opportunity to put your magical (or other!) skills to the test! When games of the hunting variety are open for the hour, suit up and get ready to go monster hunting - either in Vanilla or Unrestricted mode, which is revealed when the hourly hunting map opens up. However, the Witches love to trick one another, and in an unusual display of events - the President of the Witching Academies, Miriette, has decided to allow killstealing to take place only within this event (and reminds you that TalonRO's rules of killstealing still apply back in the mortal world!). Be careful to watch out for those MVPs, too! A few will spawn during the minigame, but killing them will be well worth the points! Gather up as many goodies and points as you can in this special area. All monsters will die when the hour time is up, and the team which accrued the most kills within the hour will win additional points! MVP defense minigames. Being masters of Spirit Channeling and Necromancy, the witches have called upon their most fiendish friends to assist in another special type of hourly minigame, the MVP defense! When this event begins, one team will be responsible for keeping their Dark Sorcerer MVP alive as long as possible, while the opposite team will be on the offensive - trying to find and kill the other team's Dark Sorcerer! If you are on the defensive team, every minute your school's MVP is alive will earn points along with spawned Treasure Chests! If you can find and break those chests open for your team, you'll earn individual points for your team plus an opportunity to earn yourself some wonderful Festival Tickets! Meanwhile, the team on the offensive should focus on finding and killing the other team's MVP (and steer clear of cracking open treasure chests - as that will cause your team to lose points!). If the offensive team successfully kills the MVP that hour, the roles will switch and the Dark Sorcerer will appear for the winning team, switching them from offense and now into defense! Each defensive team earns points through two methods: keeping your MVP alive, and finding/opening Treasure Chests. The offensive team will want to kill the other team's MVP as fast as possible so they can be in defensive mode and thus start earning points!
        Individual Microevents. A great way to pass the time in between hourly games! Play Blackjack in the Festival grounds, or speak with any of the festival goers to learn more about the Festival of Witches - and what other surprises and scares might lurk between the two rival schools!
        School Quests & Specialty Adventures. Once you've been assigned to a school team, you'll have the option to embark upon a school-specific quest series. Each respective school Headmaster - Azviar or Bryjar - will be able to help you get started, and each quest contains multiple parts and sections to earn individual and team points for your school! Complete various sections of the evolving quest to continue earning points in the Festival, as well as advance your school's team to further glory! Plus, other exciting events may unfold as the Festival progresses, depending on how Miriette decides the Festival is (or isn't!) solving the tie situation between the two rival schools. Miriette may decide to call upon an old and trusted friend in the Witching World - Kirkena - to offer her wise guidance as to the nature of the Festival of Witches for mortal participants, and to help players navigate a mysterious Labyrinth which seems to be the source of a particularly foul brand of evil magic...
      Points and Tickets are how the Festival keeps track of performance. In order to settle the score between each of the two rival schools, the work of each school alliance will contribute into a total point system during the Festival of Witches to see which school reigns at the top! Each minigame, microevent, and School Quest will earn you points and/or tickets. Points go toward settling the competition between each of the rival schools for team awards, while Festival Tickets reward you for individual contribution and can be applied toward prizes. For example, monsters during the Hunting Minigames may drop Festival Tickets as items, but the team member who kills the monster will be credited with the school points. Alternatively, specialty adventures may reward you with tickets, but possibly not team points depending on the nature of the mission - especially if the danger involves bigger matters than the rival Festival of Witches!
      School Points contribute toward determining which of the two schools will win the Festival of Witches this year. Every point may be awarded to either an individual player on a team while in the midst of an event, or distributed to the entire team when an event is won at the end of the allotted hour. In order to keep the fires of competition stoked magically hot, Miriette will be keeping a record of the scores hidden until the end of the Festival, when the winning school will be announced!
      The two Headmasters have also agreed to award special honorary Witching Degrees to the thirteen (13) most intrepid mortals who have helped to settle this year's tie. Individual prizes will be handed out to winners of various minigames who have demonstrated that their skills are on par with the best-in-class Witches of either school! Those individuals with the most points at the end of the entire Festival of Witches will be announced and receive a special, exclusive prize!
      Festival Tickets, as mentioned earlier, can be accumulated and traded in for a wide array of wonderful prizes this year! Only one type of ticket - the Festival Ticket - exists in the Festival, and this will be the ticket you'll want to collect! Earn these tickets throughout multiple events in the Festival, and trade them at the Festival to earn a variety of wonderful and magical prizes from the Witches as thanks for participating in this year's Festival. What secrets of the dark arts will you learn from earning tickets in this year's Festival? There's only one way to find out!
        Point Leaders for Individual, Games, and Schools
      The Festival of Witches features two distinct methods of performance tracking: Points and Tickets.
        Points are used to determine which school will win in this year's Festival of Witches. At the end of the Festival, the school with the most amount of points will win the Festival, and all players who are aligned with that school will receive a special team prize! Players can earn points on behalf of their team by participating in any of the hourly rotating minigames. Points can be earned either based on individual performance during a minigame (e.g.: killing a monster during the Hunting Minigame), or when a team wins an entire game at the end of an hour by earning the most points (e.g.: the team with the best defense time in MVP Defense). Performing well in each of the minigames will earn you points - so the more you participate, the more likely it is that you'll earn more points! Every point award will be mentioned to either the player receiving the points, or to the entire team / map when points are not player-specific, such as winning a town-wide minigame. Overall point scores for each school will be tallied, but kept hidden throughout the event. The winning school will be announced at the end Festival of Witches to keep the suspense running high!
        Special Witching Degree award prizes for top individual performers will be handed out at the end of the Festival of Witches as well, in addition to a winning school. Note that top-performance is character driven - so to compete in this area, we recommend participating in the Festival of Witches using a single character of your choice, as points are not tallied across all characters in your master account. Overall, thirteen (13) players will win for top performance in each of the following categories: The top-three (3) Town-Wide minigame / Limited Capacity minigame winners by accumulated points. Performance will be based on the number of points accumulated on your character for: Simon Says, Simon Sequence, Poring Seek, Halloween Challenge, Zombie Run, and Devil's Claw Machine. Points accumulated through Blackjack will NOT count toward this individual performance total. The top-three (3) Hunting minigame killers by accumulated points: Performance is based on the number of monsters killed during this minigame, with MVPs counting for substantially more points. This score is cumulative across both Vanilla and Unrestricted modes, so both Headmasters highly recommend playing in both versions to earn the maximum amount of points in this category! The top-three (3) MVP Defense Treasure Chest breakers by the number of chests opened during the minigame. Performance is based on the number of Treasure Chests opened while you are playing on defense (remember that opening Treasure Chests while on offense will cause you to *lose* points!). Keeping the MVP alive while on defense will contribute points toward your school score, while opening Treasure Chests will contribute points toward your individual performance scores in the Witching Degree awards. The single fastest party of four (4) in the Labyrinth when this minigame is made available. Be on the lookout for the Labyrinth minigame during the Festival of Witches. You'll be able to form parties of four (4) players for this minigame. The party of four (4) with the fastest completion time in the Labyrinth will win a Witches Degree Award this year as well!
        Overall, the winning school will be decided by Mirielle, the President of the Witching Academies, as a best-of-three score card across three distinct categories: The school with the highest cumulative point scores across all events, and with all players. The school who won the most hourly games overall in various minigames. The school whose members have the most individual Witches Degree Award recipients (there are 13, so that way there are no ties!)
        Finally, Festival Tickets can be earned throughout the minigames and microevents this year, allowing you to save them up and trade in for fantastic Festival of Witches prizes. You can earn these tickets through a variety of methods in each of the minigames or microevents, or in the Labyrinth event. These tickets are character-bound, and there is only one type of ticket available this year: the Festival Ticket. You may exchange these tickets with the Halloween Prizes NPC in the Niflheim Festival map, who can help you exchange these tickets for fantastic prizes and mentioned down below!
      Competition games are the essence of the Festival of Witches! The two schools of Spirit Channeling and Necromancy are ready to solve their rivalry in a series of magical showdowns designed to celebrate the essence of the Festival, but to also make it clear and decisive who among them are the most powerful Witches in Niflheim. This year's series of games are certain to involve creative problem solving, strategic force, and intrepid bravery - with each game designed to test a variety of skills and proficiency. This year's offerings are summarized below - but be certain to try them all to not only experience the full range of the Festival of Witches, but to also earn points for your school and to earn tickets for yourself!
      We hope that you enjoy this year's offerings and games - and we hope that you'll emerge as one of this year's Witches Degree Award winners!
        Festival of Witches List of Games
      Blackjack & Guess the Number The Festival of Witches makes Niflheim's Haunted Casino open for business! Play special party-based rounds of Blackjack rotating alongside a haunted Guess the Number minigame. Strike it rich for your opportunity to win tickets! This microevent will be available during the Festival, and recommended for when you're waiting in between hourly rounds of other events! Simon Says Copy the movements exactly as ordered - or else, you're out! Be sure to follow the instructions carefully in this minigame which is harder than it looks. If you win, points and tickets await - plus the school with the most wins will win additional team-wide points! Simon Sequence You've obeyed Simon, but can you find all the Simons in this meta-Simon experience?! If so, follow the sequence closely and run around the Festival for a chance to earn for you and your school. Poring Seek Mischievous Porionettes roam around the Festival when this minigame begins - can you be the one to kill the most within five minutes? You'll race against the clock and one another to see who will win the round, plus the school with the most wins will win additional team-wide points! Halloween Challenge Even the Witches of Niflheim recall this classic Halloween game involving candy - a witch's favorite! Fight through traps and snares and pitfalls as you work your way to collect points and tickets in this particularly challenging minigame. Zombie Run Survive against a horde of zombies, where your death is your school's biggest threat! Evade zombies in a successive round and win points and tickets along the way. Be certain to stay alive - since healing is off the table on this event! When you hear the cackle of Nightriff, you had best run as fast as you can! Note: Entering Zombie Run with either a mercenary or homunculus will result in your automatic ejection from the event. Mercenaries nor homunculi can be summoned during gameplay in Zombie Run. Devil's Claw Machine The devil's claw descends from below, grabbing up participants as it goes! Can you outlast the explosive grip of the Devil's Claw as it targets players across a limited area? If so, then you'll be rewarded for your efforts! Note: Entering the Devil's Claw Machine with either a mercenary or homunculus will result in your automatic ejection from the event. Mercenaries nor homunculi can be summoned during gameplay in Devil's Claw Machine. Monster Hunting Embark on a courageous monster hunt on behalf of your school and earn tickets and points! This year, each monster hunting map will be purely PvM as you fight against various Halloween-themed monsters. When the Monster Hunting minigame opens, it may either open in Vanilla or Unrestricted mode. Points and tickets for these modes will be the same, so we encourage you to try on both when either mode is available! MVP Defense Guard your MVP and find treasure chests when in defensive mode, or go on the hunt to fight the opposing team's MVP in offensive mode. The longer your MVP stays alive, the more points your school will earn. Team functions switch when an MVP is killed, meaning that the old defensive team will become the new offense in the next round, and so on! School Quest Embark on a series of quests affiliated with each of the schools for a chance to earn points for your team. A great experience awaits you, which is perfect for passing the time in between hourly minigame rounds! Begin your school's respective quest: For Spirit Channelers, speak with Azviar. For Necromancers, speak with Bryjar. The Labyrinth Once open, the Labyrinth is the home of some truly foul magic, and it will be up to you and your friends to follow Kirkena's suggestions as you navigate through the challenge. The goal of the Labyrinth is to guide your party of four through the maze as fast as possible successfully!
      It wouldn't be a proper Festival of Witches without some wonderful prizes! In addition to settling the score between the two rival schools, the President of the Witching Academies, Mirielle, will award prizes to members of the winning school's mortal faction! This announcement and ceremony will come at the end of the Festival - and until then, every point earned for your school will count toward your total score.
      Meanwhile, you'll have the opportunity to earn individual points, which will count toward your ranking as one of the top 13 participants to receive a Witches Degree Award, and with it an exclusive prize!
      Halloween wouldn't also be complete unless there were prized Trick or Treat Bags as well! Earn these bags in a number of ways, including through tickets, speaking with NPCs, and much more! What will you get inside of your bags this year?
      Finally, earning tickets this year will allow you access to a wide range of fantastic prizes, including new costumes, fantastic assorted prizes, and even new pet eggs! With only a single ticket type to keep track of, your tickets will add up into some wonderful prizes during the Festival of Witches. What you'll earn is up to the effort you put in, and a little bit of Halloween magical luck!
        Prizes and Quests for Rewards
      Trade in your Red Tickets at the Halloween Prizes NPC in the Festival of Witches for any of the following amazing prizes: Trade six (6) Red Tickets in for a Trick or Treat Bag! Note: Trick or Treat Bags are account-bound, as they were last year. Trade fifty (50) Red Tickets for your chance at winning one of six new, exclusive costumes! Note: these costumes are account-bound items. Trade a hundred (100) Red Tickets in for a Bloody Branch! Trade in a single (1) Red Ticket for a Dead Branch as well Completing this year's School Quest will also yield the possibility for an exciting prize! Quest completion will give a special new Hanging Dolls Costume upon successful completion! Note: this costume is account-bound. Plus, every completion gives a slight chance to also receive a special Bandit Egg! Note: this egg item is account-bound. A special prize will also go to all adventurers who are affiliated with the winning academy this year! What will your item be? There's only one way to find out - but it is a wonderful new haunted item that we know you'll be sure to enjoy! In recognition of outstanding efforts, each of this year's thirteen Witches' Degree recipients will receive an incredible two special prizes: A Magical Cat Hat Costume - considerably rare, this costume is sure to let everyone know that you're a powerful wielder of magic! Your choice of MVP Card! Cards eligible for this prize are those currently available from the Reward Guru Maya Purple is furthermore excluded from this list
      This year's Festival of Witches has many new and exciting features and challenging minigames - which is why we want to make sure you're aware of all of this year's important rules, guidelines, and dates so you can make the most of your haunted adventure! Be sure to review the list below so that you're well prepared for all of this year's rules and processes - and we hope that you have an incredible and memorable time in Niflheim!
        Important Rules and Dates
      To begin in the Festival of Witches, speak with the Halloween Warper NPC in Prontera. From there, she will warp you into the academy grounds, made up to look exactly like Niflheim this year. This is where the Festival is taking place.
        School alignment is chosen at random upon speaking with the Halloween Warper. Once sorted into a Witching School, this will be your school affiliation for the duration of the Festival. Furthermore, this affiliation will be applied to your entire Master Account, and all characters within your Master Account who participate in the Festival of Witches will share in this affiliation. The use of multiple Master Accounts during this event, or possession of such multiple accounts at anytime on TalonRO, is forbidden and is a ban-worthy offense per TalonRO's server rules.
        The Festival of Witches hourly minigames will rotate and be available every hour, including during other standard offerings, such as GMC hours, War of Emperium, and other regularly scheduled events. The Labyrinth minigame is exempt of the hourly rotation, as is the School Quest series of challenges.
        Entering either the Devil's Claw Machine or Zombie Run with either a mercenary or homunculus will result in your automatic ejection from the event. Mercenaries and Homunculi cannot be summoned during gameplay in either Devil's Claw or Zombie Run.
        A status bulletin board is available in the Festival area to remind you of your school affiliation, as well as a readout of what the current hourly minigame will be (or the next one, if one is currently not in progress). The colors of the game type correspond to color-themed map markers, available on your minimap. The board also features some fun news and weather across the land of the dead (so you can pack your umbrella when it's raining fire, perhaps?).
        The Festival of Witches recommends participating this year on a single character, selected from your available characters in your Master Account. This is so that you have the best chance of consolidating points to be one of the 13 Witches Award Recipients! Moreover, Red Festival Tickets are character-bound - and so it is recommended that you earn Tickets using a single character throughout the duration of the event. Many of this year's prizes are account-bound as well, including Trick or Treat Bags, costumes, and many prizes obtained through the event. The only way to obtain these exclusive events is to participate, allowing everyone the chance to earn wonderful prizes no matter your zeny status!
        Finally, the Festival of Witches will end on November 23rd at 6:00pm Midgard (server) time, and within a few days, the winning school will be announced, along with this year's school prizes and Witches Degree Award recipients! We sincerely hope that you enjoy the magic, frights, and wonder of the Festival of Witches - which is our delight to offer to you in this Autumn season! We're looking forward to the month ahead as we come into December, but we hope this will make for a very memorable and fun November! Thank you as always for your support of TalonRO, and as always, happy gaming!