Sign in to follow this  
GM Seiren

Hairstyle Spriting Contest 2014

Hello everyone, I test my spr and only works for shiny color palette why?? pls help btw this is my hairstyle after this I went to switch hair color and I can not use basic pal and I would like to thank GM Seiren, GM Gemini, AngeIique,Casimir,Suzu ~ and Lady L because for all their tips I made mine :)

ohhh and last and important thing How do I send my files for contest (maybe just pm to GM) pls and thx 

2dgqlc9.jpg

A bit confused on what you meant by "it only works for shiny color palette". Elaborate please? :)

One week left!

I better continue where I left off w/ mine. ~.~

Considering I'm still out of the country and have not been able to verify some submissions yet, I might leave the deadline open to those who have already submitted one or still have trouble with theirs. After I get to check each hairstyle that has been submitted, I'll schedule a deadline for those. The main deadline, for -new- hairstyles, however, remains the same. Thank you.

Hey! I have a rather uh.. unique idea for a "hairstyle". I figured I should ask before making a full sprite, to save myself the work if it turns out to be unacceptable.. so.. Yeah.

How would something like this stand? Low quality example:

Meow.png~original

Inspired by a character from the anime Log Horizon.

thanks for replying..i did try out your solutions..but

The simple steps I did to test my spr and act.

1. Choose an existing sprite on the talon folder then save it into different folder for a back up. Just in case you want       

to put back the original hairstyle sooner or later.

2. Preferably, choose the sprite which you used to draw your hairstyle.

3. Rename your sprite like the one you have chosen. Take note that the bmp inside that spr should be named after       

the apr.

Example: The spr name is = 62_³².spr, so the bmp should be 62_³²0001, 62_³²0002, 62_³²0003 and so on..

4. Make an act file for your hairstyle.

5. Replace the existing spr and act on the talonro folder with your custom spr and act.

6. Close the folders and enjoy testing it in game.

Hope this helps  :D :D :D

here is my problem:

1.when i put my act and spr file in this name,

10013595_10152096728542701_1145592407_n.jpg?oh=116049d451ec3b45f0d5257e3b4fa471&oe=531D3AC6&__gda__=1394416728_a8b67861b37f74247f0b6ea0c8b718ef

nothing happens when i try to test mine..

so i figured out it must be my bmp not in the correct name..

so i try to insert bmp once more using actor2 with the "correct name", the name type same as the above,

but it turns out an error message like this:

1598383_10152096732987701_978006698_n.jpg?oh=a646d5276bc559b24a596487a6a16005&oe=531D6E65&__gda__=1394436523_cfb59581a913ed5b0533a7306f1e8eee

2.is thereany specific location for the extracted tdata.grf to be located at?

cause i just simply put it all together with my tools and bmp and others, instead of mixing along with my patcher and client folder..

3.when extracting the tdata.grf , from the settings button , it gives 2 options, using original or convert to unicode, so for me,

before i even found out the existance of this button, my extracted file is in this type of names,(using original option)

10002890_10152096738602701_207437840_n.jpg?oh=10d853e7dcaa98ade40db7bfec525f15&oe=531D1875&__gda__=1394412963_98eae1880124e6a743f3e9a9a1f62b23

after i found out, it is in korean names,(convert to unicode option).

so i use the rounicode to change to this name..

10009528_10152096744477701_1604391021_a.jpg?oh=1464775dbac4922fa8de70f239204063&oe=531D8BA1&__gda__=1394430283_478d5f308e0a9042eb50fd10f0f4f977

im lost again.....

thanks  :-\

Hey, I noticed you found my post from the last contest, allow me to try and help you out.. I'd just like to clarify that what you name your bmps DOES NOT matter.

Now.. when you put your bmps into actor2 you must make sure to save the a .act file AND a .spr file. Have you done this? Also, it will always give you an error. I'm just sure why, it's just the way the program is, ignore it.

Side note, I can't seem to see whatever is in your spoilers...

Hey! I have a rather uh.. unique idea for a "hairstyle". I figured I should ask before making a full sprite, to save myself the work if it turns out to be unacceptable.. so.. Yeah.

How would something like this stand? Low quality example:

Meow.png~original

Inspired by a character from the anime Log Horizon.

It's really only the hair. The face of the character still needs to be visible. It's a nice idea, though :)

oh Yes thx GM Gemini and GM Seiren, well i tried to use color number 2 (for example) and didn't change anything still blond, then I click on next (so 3) and still blond hair and then click 3,..4, and so on until 10 and then change to orange and works for the rest of colors but doesn't work for the first 10 color?  :o I will go in game and take screen shot :) btw I will try to finish this fast  :S :o :S :o one week ppl good luck to everyone :P

aorlm0.jpg

2exspbr.jpg

2zhjddv.jpg

2rh0o6t.jpg

well I was checking works from 10 to 263 colors so is ok I think, since works for mostly of them right?  <3

Should be fine (Seiren ser?) as we have some hair styles that do not change in the first few hair colors.

As to how to fix it, I am not sure. Will have to take a look what's different in those sprites that do not change.

Alright, thanks. I figured it wouldn't be any good but it was worth a shot. xD

----------

The bad remapping is due to using a bad pallet as the base. In order to fix it simply swap the default pallet of your hairstyle with one that remaps correctly. You may also have to change the default hair color to a tone of colors on an other line. It's easiest to just make the default hair color the same as a hairstyle that remaps properly.

oh Yes thx GM Gemini and GM Seiren, well i tried to use color number 2 (for example) and didn't change anything still blond, then I click on next (so 3) and still blond hair and then click 3,..4, and so on until 10 and then change to orange and works for the rest of colors but doesn't work for the first 10 color?  :o I will go in game and take screen shot :) btw I will try to finish this fast  :S :o :S :o one week ppl good luck to everyone :P

I think you need to create your own palette, then you can have your own dye starts from 0 - 9  (i forgot)

So basically you need to provide 3 files (if you wanna player use your desire color for the 1st 9 dyes)

.act

.spr

.pal

if not, don't bother. Lots of hairstyle doesn't provide its own .pal,  just .act & .spr then it will follow server's .pal start from 10 (uhh i need to refresh my brain)

Can consider its complete already /no1

I think you need to create your own palette, then you can have your own dye starts from 0 - 9  (i forgot)

So basically you need to provide 3 files (if you wanna player use your desire color for the 1st 9 dyes)

.act

.spr

.pal

if not, don't bother. Lots of hairstyle doesn't provide its own .pal,  just .act & .spr then it will follow server's .pal start from 10 (uhh i need to refresh my brain)

Can consider its complete already /no1

:P :P ok thx I will try to do own pal for spr and see how it goes, because i already have one Actro2 made it, so i dont know if is same thing.  ::)

Should be fine (Seiren ser?) as we have some hair styles that do not change in the first few hair colors.

As to how to fix it, I am not sure. Will have to take a look what's different in those sprites that do not change.

ok THX GM G I just checking pal and how do I send my work to GM Seiren? ??? <3

Hey, I noticed you found my post from the last contest, allow me to try and help you out.. I'd just like to clarify that what you name your bmps DOES NOT matter.

Now.. when you put your bmps into actor2 you must make sure to save the a .act file AND a .spr file. Have you done this? Also, it will always give you an error. I'm just sure why, it's just the way the program is, ignore it.

Side note, I can't seem to see whatever is in your spoilers...

iosystem, thanks for your attention..it has been quite some time since i deal with my unsolved problems..

so now i think i kinda forgot what kind of problem i faced..

i have done with some designs..and the only problem im sure is..i failed to test out the new designs..

yeah...sounds sweet..haha thanks =D

ok THX GM G I just checking pal and how do I send my work to GM Seiren? ??? <3

Make your folder as .rar / .zip, upload somewhere like www.mediafire.com, post the link to GM in your support ticket  <3

I have a sort of silly question.. When doing the .act files... Do you have to check it works with all classes? o.o Because I was doing SL and then I checked with HP and they don't align e.e

I have a sort of silly question.. When doing the .act files... Do you have to check it works with all classes? o.o Because I was doing SL and then I checked with HP and they don't align e.e

Just go with SL (female if in actOR2), align perfectly with all chars as long as you follow the margain

Tips: follow the ref_head (the eyes position), ignore floating head etc

Do you mean checking in ACTOR or in game?

If you check ingame and it works for one, it should work for all classes

Do you mean checking in ACTOR or in game?

If you check ingame and it works for one, it should work for all classes

I meant in Actor. I kind of got lazy after I saw that act010 to 012 had so many frames so I gave it up :c thanks for your help anyway ~

Hello I tried to send a Support ticked but which  option should I use?  as a title for the contest :(, ok I just sending files as another question as a support ticket :) Oh Hi P j thx for your help :)

I meant in Actor. I kind of got lazy after I saw that act010 to 012 had so many frames so I gave it up :c thanks for your help anyway ~

I've found it's easier to load the .SPR of the base head that you used from the tRO files, and line it up directly with the head.

Lining up with the body never worked for me. :x

Don't give up! I wanna see your lovely sprite T.T

Hokay, the deadline for new hairstyles is here! New hairstyles will no longer be accepted. However, current submissions will be reviewed and you will still be able to alter them if necessary. Thanks for joining everyone!

Looking forward to using the new hairstyles /slur

Just wondering, have the participants already received their reward? Or has that not happened yet?

Not yet. I'm still going through them. Considering we got about 30 submissions, it's taking a while.

Not yet. I'm still going through them. Considering we got about 30 submissions, it's taking a while.

Oh ok. Sorry, didn't mean to sound in a rush or anything I just haven't checked on it in awhile and was afraid I missed something.

Cheers.

Sign in to follow this