breno94

LF> People's advice: What to get next

Hi all! I'd like to know if it'd be possible to get some advices on how to spend my money. The thing is, I got to that point of the game where better gears are super expensive in a way that it'd require all my investment. I made some calculations here and I can manage to buy, for example, 2 bris or pieces of equipment between 500m or 530m.

I got a stalker geffenia farmer with sherwood and an incomplete sniper with only artemis [TTT] (both use the same gears like lkh, dragon set, celebs, sleip bla bla bla).

I really like HW but I often see more sniper demand (duh more quantity needed on pts) but still I wouldn't gear up the whole HW to try killing some random MVPs or so.. I actualy don't know xD.

What I was really thinking was about getting the full sniper set of 2 bris [ifrit] and a VH (Would need more time to farm later) or (a bris and the VH and farm the other bris later). I was trying to figure out if those gears were useful to other melee classes like sinx (This one definetely does) or LK (I'm also pretty fond of), SN, pally etc etc or even battle HP.

(I'm posting on this topic since it's not about a specific class)

Anyways, got any tips or suggestions? THX

first, make up your mind about HW/Sniper - I went through something like this - I have been dressing up my sniper, only to find out, that I dont like it, that I want to play HW - so I had to sell sniper equips - this slowed me down and also cost me something (reselling sux) - so spend some time thinking - it will save you more time later :)

I think that sniper will win in your case - so I would go for bris.

the core item is weapon and you already have that. VH is not that "allaround" so bris..

now, see what will be more helpfull to you - helm gives agi and luk -  good if you go SS or autoattack - not that awesome if you go DS - bris helps with both.

I would say, that bris makes bigger difference - so I would go for bris..

lets see what others think :) 

18 hours ago, Mosjoandy said:

Buy 2 sting bris. You'll never regret that decision. 

Lmao, that's a solid answer. Could you please elaborate more? =D

Just like having a pair of celebration rings, having +stat items as your accessories is always a solid choice. They will help any build that isn't fine-tuned. For your purposes, it seems you are interested in HW, Sniper, and SuNo.  All three of those classes can use the +14 DEX. HW needs it to move other stats from DEX into INT, STR, VIT; Sniper can go for 200 DEX build (more DEX moar dmgs); SuNo needs more of every stat in general. Which leads me to why sting bris is such a solid choice: every class benefits from +all stats.  

If you say picked up Ifrit bris, they wouldn't be as useful to a HW or HP as they would be to sniper and LK.

1 hour ago, Mosjoandy said:

All three of those classes can use the +14 DEX

But that's the thing.. is not THAAAAT different from what I've been using (2 celebs) it'd give me +2 all stats exept DEX (+4)... Like, for HW ok that's quite good I'd say but for sniper the dps wouldn't get that better...

In the world of Ragnarok Online, +4 to a stat is a big deal. Most people don't think of it that way, but when your base stat is maxed out at 99, having any additional stat points becomes very valuable. 

When I I made sniper, I planned on getting overupped evil marching hat (or the flapping version). At +7/8 it boosts your SS by 12% and at +9/10 it will boost your SS by a whooping 23%. It's slotted so you can put BK for more damage or gryphon for more crit. I did some calculations and came up with 2x bow thimble (ifrit) giving you more damage output than 2x bris (ifrit) if you used the evil marching hat. /no1 

I replaced the emh with kaho and the 2 thimbles with 2 bris and the damage is lower https://calc.talonro.com/?caybLbiakbCaGbFabaLAkabwnhfnfnfnaae5aaaaaaaaahkeDwieDwFlhhPlzgElJgZfLh6fLh6jjkjajkkkkfkkkabaaakaaaceyfaaafqaabaaaaaaaaafaaaaaHaaaabataxayaA /heh

Edited by Shendel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shendel said:

When I I made sniper, I planned on getting overupped evil marching hat (or the flapping version). At +7/8 it boosts your SS by 12% and at +9/10 it will boost your SS by a whooping 23%. It's slotted so you can put BK for more damage or gryphon for more crit. I did some calculations and came up with 2x bow thimble (ifrit) giving you more damage output than 2x bris (ifrit) if you used the evil marching hat. /no1 

I replaced the emh with kaho and the 2 thimbles with 2 bris and the damage is lower https://calc.talonro.com/?caybLbiakbCaGbFabaLAkabwnhfnfnfnaae5aaaaaaaaahkeDwieDwFlhhPlzgElJgZfLh6fLh6jjkjajkkkkfkkkabaaakaaaceyfaaafqaabaaaaaaaaafaaaaaHaaaabataxayaA /heh

That's a very interesting alternative to Kaho and Valk helm.

i would argue that Kaho and Valk helmis better because of the extra stats (specially valk helm)  and also Sharp Shooting is very lame since the Bragi nerf.

Check your stats, There is an exponential multiplier for damage every 10 stat points.  if you end up in the middle it may not matter much (it's [stat/10]^2)  so 90 adds 81 attack points,  Not sure if it's at the 90 or the 91 though.   You can literally see the attack jump while assigning stat points in the window,  So the 4 points difference may not matter much if it doesn't get you to the next jump. 

Celeb rings are great all around item, but the right niche item can beat it for different classes depending on your build and playstyle.   Though some classes that benefit from multiple stats benefit more then others.