Sign in to follow this  
lonepaladin

Using foreign language text in game

Question

I see a number of players using foreign language text in game, such as, Russian, Japanese, and Korean. I used to be able to use Korean language text, Hangul, in game, but now, if I change to it on my computer, it comes out as ?????? in game. Because I have lived in Korea for about nine years, I often want to say hi to players I see using Korean language, but despite having adjusted my language options a number of times and experimenting with multiple keyboard settings, I still can't get it to work. Foreign text, both Chinese and Korean work everywhere else on my computer, just not in game. Does anyone have any suggestions how I might solve this problem?

1 answer to this question

If you can use the keyboard shortcuts to change your language settings while having your client as the active window, you should be able to type another language in the client. Copying and pasting from outside the client will show up as you described, however, and trying to change it outside of the client only won't work.

In my case, I hit alt alt+shift while in game which is the hotkey within Windows IME to switch my language to Japanese.

Edited by Wormi