Sign in to follow this  
breno94

Best Staff??? (EDITED)

I'm building my HW and I'm really tempted on buying the NNN one.. but a friend insisted that the DDD is the best option because of the spamming speed and that the NNN MDEF bypass won't do much.. So, here I am asking for help on this decision before I spend my money unwisely xD

Hi there, I was today looking at my options on how to finish my HW and it seem I've been rushing after I read some posts. The main topic actualy is which staff to get to get to the best results.

So.. here I am asking for people's opinion =D

I've brought to discussion 4 main options which are listed below in order from the cheapest to the most expensive:

1) +7 DTS [2x INT +2] (the best available at the market atm) : https://calc.talonro.com/?cazbLbiababaJbLbHabajaapghaaaaaaaaljedTaaaaaahkaawkg1eujUhQfcfcfjgZfLfafLfaeeeeadakaachkaaphIaabaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaHaHaaa
(I've put +4 INT food just for the runes effect)

2) +10 staff of piercinghttps://calc.talonro.com/?cazbLbiababaCbLbKabajaakzkaaaaaaaaljedTaaaaaahkaawkg1eujUhQfcfcfjgZfLfafLfaeeeeadakaachkaaphIaaaaHaHaaa
(Not gonna be IC without bless)

3) +4 SoM[NNN]https://calc.talonro.com/?cazbLbiababa5bubLabajaawzehGhGhGaaljedTaaaaaahkaawkg1eujUhQfcfcfjgZfLfafLfaeeeeadakkachkaaphIaaaaHaHaabcmcncoct
(I'd cast freely amplify since it wouldn't take long.. I didn't add it to the options above as I wasn't planning on using it because of the cast time)

4) +4 SoM[DDD]https://calc.talonro.com/?cazbLbiababa8bubJabajaawzeaQaQaQaaljedTaaaaaahkaawkg1eujUhQfcfcfjgZfLfafLfaeeeeadakkachkaaphIaaaaHaHaabcmcncoct

So, about my gears: they're what I listed on the calculator links but I'm open to suggestions on how to build a good HW for all end game purposes (leech, MVPing, partying, GMCing, ETing, Seals, instances.. etc etc etc..)

Thx in advance for your reply

Edited by breno94
Changed the question to a more open discussion

If you want high INT (like 190) - you need that NNN, if you want more versatility - DDD is superb. Also there alot of same topics with many comments and points of view.

9 minutes ago, Azgrim said:

Also there alot of same topics with many comments and points of view

Thx for the reply @Azgrim and of course I read yours in regards of your maxed INT build (really interesting). 

I'm actualy looking for more of a tip... I'm like with money counted enought for a SoM [NNN] and a vesper mid. I'm bored from grinding farming at geffenia and wanted to change a bit and as I've been farming to make a HW I can already start spending the money.

I really would like to be able to raid with people like thor and Jupe core and kill MVPs soloing... go on ETs and GMCs... even sell some leech perhaps or just help some random pts to survive in abbey or take some nabs to thor so they can have a different exp run... For that I'm pretty sure the [NNN] one is the best fit as I'm gonna SG most of the time. But still I'm kind of afraid if I later get bored and want a DDD instead, so the "resell process" would be painful as the [NNN] is not that beloved between players

I vote DDD.

NNN is good for more damage. But if the monster have high enough mdef, might as well cast with any SoM then swap to +10 SoP for some spell like SG. In some case where mdef are high enough the 20% piecing out damage the lost INT. But if you can have spare INT to prepare for swap while still maintain MATK-breakpoint (like 1 int extra for SoM[DDD]->SoP) that would be great

DDD is good for spamming JT on those water mob like those in GMC Lance, and killing some MVP like Bakonawa.

NNN - you already wrote it - most of the time, it will be SG.

I would opt for DDD only if I knew, that I will be with a party a lot and that I will compete for MVP - otherwise, I would go for NNN as it will be usefull most of the times - having weapon excelent for GMC/ET and subotimal for other content where you spend most of the time online does not sound right - to make you understand more how I mean it - It is like wearing lucius RSX 24/7 because in case that you go high orcs/magmaF2/thor and they get near you, you can be in trouble - but how many times do you go these places and how many times do they get near you?

@NattWara @howrah Thank you for you points of view. 

I'm actualy quite uncertain as the damage output on both cases (using Kasa as reference) was pretty much identical imo. I'm actually considering farming a bit longer and getting the DDD and grind from time to time to get a +10 SoP as the damage output was really amazing. The only question remaining is if AMP still works when swapping between staffs...

I've played with the DDD one and it was really fun xD and I was pretty sure even before starting this thread that I was gonna get 2 staffs the DDD and a "power" one (to deal high damage). So the best option would be to get a DDD and a SoP +10 right? 

Have you guys/Do you play(ed) with those gears I've pointed out on the calculator links? Would u suggest something else?

Thx

Edited by breno94

There's a thread about staff swapping here. Someone record a clip of his trip to thor with the swapping thing.

• No1 1

14 hours ago, breno94 said:

I'm actualy quite uncertain as the damage output on both cases (using Kasa as reference) was pretty much identical imo.

NNN will do a little more - if you manage to reach another matk break, the difference will be more noticable.

with DDD, sg on kasa, it will be the same as uncarded staff..

as for the gears - no I play with different gears - int shield, only celebs, different mantau - devi/leak, additional matk in mouth, no GEC

I had been using Som NNN without sqi bonus all this while at thor. I gave a try to +10 sop, and sop gives more damage. 

SoM is superb only with bonuses. 20dex for more vit for LT and mATK, fast amp, SG with IC and swap to SoP > just SG with any other staff. And SoM with DDD > any other staff for JT spam. All this moment, ALL of them already discussed in other topics in mage section but we goin another round after round and repeat same things.

• Heh 1