Sign in to follow this  
FuzzyPearSoup

Nice to meet y'all

Hello! I thought to introduce myself while my game is downloading. I haven't played RO for 12 years now, and after listening to a soundtrack for RO, it made me miss the good old pre-renewal times.

I have never joined guilds or done WoE when I originally played (I solo'd a lot), so I hope you guys will all accept me being terrible and trying to relearn how to play.  On the side note, if you ever see a bard in game crying as they're killing Angelings for the angel wing headband, that would probably be me.

My RNG is low and I'm so sorry.

• No1 1

Hi!

dont get upset, when someone tells you that bard has been nerfed :)

it is true, but it is not exactly nerf - check the forums to find out more about this issue - it is something like INT affecting (lowering) dmg while under effect of bragi - someone already made spreadsheet showing optimal INT for main skills (sharp shooting, SG, AD) - bragi will still increase DPS, even if dmg is lowered..

Have fun - this is great server :) 

Ah-- welcome to the server! Can't wait for you to be in-game and hear those Poring, Payon, and Prontera themes again. Such goosebumps they provide!

The community will surely help you out in your first days, just bump the !main channel (our global chat channel aside !recruit and !market) or check the guild directory once you're interested in joining a guild, perhaps? Moreover the wiki is one good source for someone who's up for some learnin'!

Have fun, see you in-game!

3 hours ago, howrah said:

Hi!

dont get upset, when someone tells you that bard has been nerfed :)

it is true, but it is not exactly nerf - check the forums to find out more about this issue - it is something like INT affecting (lowering) dmg while under effect of bragi - someone already made spreadsheet showing optimal INT for main skills (sharp shooting, SG, AD) - bragi will still increase DPS, even if dmg is lowered..

Have fun - this is great server :) 

I don't think it would matter to him. He's coming back after 12 years. The fact that he mentions Bard and not Clown also indicates he never played the Trans Classes.

it wont matter, but I want him to be prepared for random shouts "bard is nerfed, dont play bard" :) 

He should be aware, that they are not 100% right :) 

Someone should give him those Angel wings though. That damn hairband never drops :( effin RNG

• Heh 1

Ah, I mind if the bard has been nerfed. Worst comes to worst, I'll make a new character. I'm just excited to go back into the game, and already just hearing the main menu OST is making me tear up a bit.

Would people actually shout "bard is nerfed, dont play bard"? That seems... random? 

I also never played trans classes, so this is going to be an awesome experience for me!

• Love 2

Welcome to TRO :)

well, bard have been nerf. Idk about how others will react to bard but I will still welcome a bard. /heh

Gotta love that ACD reduction. It make magic even more fun!

There's other use for bard even if I play physical class too.

Edited by NattWara

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 8:29 PM, FuzzyPearSoup said:

Ah, I mind if the bard has been nerfed. Worst comes to worst, I'll make a new character. I'm just excited to go back into the game, and already just hearing the main menu OST is making me tear up a bit.

Would people actually shout "bard is nerfed, dont play bard"? That seems... random? 

I also never played trans classes, so this is going to be an awesome experience for me!

Great!

people would not go "dont play bard, it is nerfed" - only when you try to join some random party, they will go - "nope, bard is nerfed, it would lower my dmg"

It still works, it is still usefull, just find people who are not affected by random screams :) 

Welcome to the server! I just joined last month after not having played in 4-5 (6?) years! The community is extremely welcoming and helpful, make sure you find you a good little guild to settle down into, they'll be extremely helpful as well. You can PM me in game (Kaleola) if you have any questions I'll do my best to assist.

PS: Agreeing with everyone here, bard is "nerfed" but it's not bad. ACD ftw.

Welcome, Welcome!!!

The only nerf is on Bragi, wich makes the class a bit lacking on the support side of parties. Since you were more of a solo player, I believe the nerf will not affect you that much!!!

Have fun! And come talk to us on main chat/panic