Sign in to follow this  
kazou

Vanilla PVP Stalker Build

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to gear my stalker for the upcoming BG update.

I want to go vanilla because i dont have the money to build for unres. Keep in mind that i dont have a lot to spend (20-30m?)

I was thinking about doing a Bow BB Stalker.

So far here is what i have or want. I will put what i have in bold, and what i want in italic.

Upper : Feather Berret 

Mid : STR card?

Low : Nothing

Right/Left : +10 composite bow hydra/hydra/skel/skel  and thara frog naga scale shield to swap with.

Armor : Marc Glittering Jacket 

Garment : Noxious SOV

Shoes : I dont know. Verit? Green Ferus?

Acc : Zerom Gloves

So now, a few questions : 

- There are cheap composite bow with 4 hunter fly cards on the market. Should I get one? It's much cheaper than the HHSS composite and it could be fun. Does hunter fly card works with double strafe? Bowling bash? Is it a fun pick in pvp or is it totally useless?

- What armor should i get to swap with? Is ED useful in BG?

- Is there a cheaper alternative than the gloves[1] ? It's really expensive...

- What about the shoes? Valk? what card should i put in it?

- Is there a useful card to put in my STR mid?

Thanks a lot guys !!

• Like 1

Hi kazou! I'm glad to hear about your interest in BG, and hope I can answer some of your questions.
BB Stalker is a bit glass cannon, but can be extremely annoying in combination with Strip. I say go for it! 

- There are cheap composite bow with 4 hunter fly cards on the market. Should I get one? It's much cheaper than the HHSS composite and it could be fun. Does hunter fly card works with double strafe? Bowling bash? Is it a fun pick in pvp or is it totally useless?

I would not get the Hunter Fly bow - it won't be much use to you at all. It's essentially useless for PvP. Stick with the HHSS and Bowling Bash!

- What armor should i get to swap with? Is ED useful in BG?

ED is useful but I wouldn't worry about it right now since you have Marc already. You could benefit more from a Pasana and/or Porcellio armor depending on how much zeny you have left over after buying other items.

- Is there a cheaper alternative than the gloves[1] ? It's really expensive...

You can get Bradium Earrings - they give the same amount of DEX as Glove[1], and 1 less DEX than Orlean's Gloves, but there are Zerom Bradium Earrings selling for 4.5m each. Sub-optimal for non-magic builds but they'll work for the price!

- What about the shoes? Valk? what card should i put in it?

Since you're not running any sort of set (Wool Scarf/Tidal Shoes or Diablos Manteau/Diablos Boots) I would just use +0 Variant Shoes. Cheap and effective!

- Is there a useful card to put in my STR mid?

With your budget I would say not really. I would save the STR mid for something else and go for an unslotted headgear like Masquerade, which gives a 3% Demi-Human damage increase.

Thanks for this answer !

Can i use this occasion to ask about full strip? When i tried it in pvp (for fun, not geared, with friends) it almost never worked. How many DEX/HIT i should aim for? Are there special tricks?

3 minutes ago, kazou said:

Thanks for this answer !

Can i use this occasion to ask about full strip? When i tried it in pvp (for fun, not geared, with friends) it almost never worked. How many DEX/HIT i should aim for? Are there special tricks?

No problem!

With Bow Stalker you'll be building DEX anyway (since it's your main source of damage with a bow, even if you use BB). If you're having trouble using Full Strip (most likely against another high DEX target), you can use the individual Strips which have a 10% higher base chance. Strip Weapon and Shield are the most useful for Vanilla.

Alright, with your help, I think i finished my build AND it was not very expensive !

Top : Feather Berret (Almost free because the quest is easy) 

Mid : Masquerade (200k)

Armor : Glittering Jacket +12 HIT with marc card (~ 8-9M)

Weapon : Catapult Hydra x2 (~ 5M)

Garment : Noxious SOV (~ 10M)

Shoes : Variant Shoes (~ 1M)

Acc : Nimble Bradium Earrings (~ 8-9M)

I got the +12 HIT enchant because it was a cheap enchant (same price as a regular glittering jacket) and the HIT buff will be useful.

I also got the Catapult because of how cheap it is (~ 1-2M). I know it less effective than the regular +10 composite with HHSS but ... it's so nice. 

So in total, my build cost ... hmm ... between 33 and 35M !

Thanks for your advices !

AND SEE YOU IN BG YOU MOTHERHECKERS !!

32 minutes ago, kazou said:

I got the +12 HIT enchant because it was a cheap enchant (same price as a regular glittering jacket) and the HIT buff will be useful.

I dont know how usefull it will be.. you will hit even agi snipers on some 70%.. with increased hit, some 80%.. I somehow dont think that snipers will be your main target.. see if you can get any better for the same price :) 

and you are missing a shield - even with bow build, you sometimes need all the reductions, you can get your hands on...

I got the +12 HIT because of how inexpensive it was. The +DEX are very very expensive. I didnt wanted to get a +DEF because i'm already super squishy.

And I have a shield. A Thara Frog carded Naga Scale Shield (that i can equip with a DEX Kris if needed)

Also, I have a question for you guys. I'm lvl 61 job and i cant put Preserve, Full strip and Double stafe. I have to pick two.

So far i have 

Chase walk lvl 5

Double strafe lvl 10

Strip armor lvl 5

I cant get everything. What should be my priority? Full strip? Preserve? Double Strafe?

Wht would you do with 60 skill points?

Edited by kazou

If you're bowling bash build, preserve is required so get that first. After that, start working on the individual strips until you can max full strip. You won't have enough skill points to get max vulture's eye + double strafe if you want bowling bash and strip so you'll have to choose double strafe or strip. Realistically, your double strafe damage wont' be that high so I'd suggest just sticking to preserve -> fullstrip -> chasewalk. Your combo will be to find somebody that you think you can assassinate, catch them with  close confine -> weapon strip (if they are a threat to you) -> full strip -> bowling bash.