Sign in to follow this  
GM Howl

Battlegrounds | Beta Feedback

Just tried BG yesterday, here are my suggestions:

- Limit/Restrict the usage of Traps, it really makes the BG boring.

- Please give more HP pots for melee classes (except on Stone Control & other non-combat win condition modes).

- There's a bug on some modes when re-spawning, sometimes the pots don't restock.

Please consider my suggestions, thank you.

and to be honest, the BG is fun and enjoyable, nicely done.

Been loitering in BG ever since it was relaunched, here are few suggestions:

1. In Conquest (specially in the Rachel Agits) is it possible that the conquering team respawns on the last landmark they took? The Conquest modes are usually a give-away to the defending team, and all the walking of the attacking team has made the game in a way favorable to the defenders./dum

2. Is there any plan regarding prizes of the BG, like for in the long run? I read that once people got their badges, and eventually their gears, it is likely that people will stop playing again, save for a few who really enjoys the rush of the BG arena. I am already ok with what I have, there has to be some kind of motivation or incentive to people who continues to play. Why not make the badges exchangeable to consumable boxes of sorts or costumes? Doesn't have to be as fancy as the GMC or the Seasonal Event Boxes, but SOMETHING. /fsh

All in all, the runs has been entertaining, save from getting mobbed all the time by the angry pallies. I hope that the slight drop in players are largely from the Race, and once the Summer event is done, people will try and enjoy BG as I did. /no1

10 hours ago, bassbuzz said:

Been loitering in BG ever since it was relaunched, here are few suggestions:

1. In Conquest (specially in the Rachel Agits) is it possible that the conquering team respawns on the last landmark they took? The Conquest modes are usually a give-away to the defending team, and all the walking of the attacking team has made the game in a way favorable to the defenders./dum

2. Is there any plan regarding prizes of the BG, like for in the long run? I read that once people got their badges, and eventually their gears, it is likely that people will stop playing again, save for a few who really enjoys the rush of the BG arena. I am already ok with what I have, there has to be some kind of motivation or incentive to people who continues to play. Why not make the badges exchangeable to consumable boxes of sorts or costumes? Doesn't have to be as fancy as the GMC or the Seasonal Event Boxes, but SOMETHING. /fsh

All in all, the runs has been entertaining, save from getting mobbed all the time by the angry pallies. I hope that the slight drop in players are largely from the Race, and once the Summer event is done, people will try and enjoy BG as I did. /no1

Thanks for your feedback.

1) Yeah some maps (maybe two) are too big for the competition, we are aware of it, but please make a suggestion (https://forum.talonro.com/suggestions/).

2) Did you check the bonus for Glorious Weapons (mostly), they have very very huge bonuses for +7 ~ +9 upgrades. That's kinda a good for the actual scenario of our PvP community, but in the future we can get back to discuss that

❤️

16 hours ago, Ezze said:

Just tried BG yesterday, here are my suggestions:

- Limit/Restrict the usage of Traps, it really makes the BG boring.

- Please give more HP pots for melee classes (except on Stone Control & other non-combat win condition modes).

- There's a bug on some modes when re-spawning, sometimes the pots don't restock.

Please consider my suggestions, thank you.

and to be honest, the BG is fun and enjoyable, nicely done.

1) That's on the agenda already;

2) Not so unbalanced, did you try the Supply Upgrade?

3) You have to click on the NPC to be able to restock, t's not done automatically, maybe drop a suggestion and we can check if that's possible or not.

• No1 1

3 hours ago, GM Amor said:

2) Did you check the bonus for Glorious Weapons (mostly), they have very very huge bonuses for +7 ~ +9 upgrades. That's kinda a good for the actual scenario of our PvP community, but in the future we can get back to discuss that

I am largely a casual player in PVP, so I can't speak for everyone who plays BG. I don't really plan on upping my gears at all, and I have absolutely no desire to achieve the other bonuses. What could be the "motivation" for me? Rhetoric question only tho. /gawi

18 minutes ago, bassbuzz said:

I am largely a casual player in PVP, so I can't speak for everyone who plays BG. I don't really plan on upping my gears at all, and I have absolutely no desire to achieve the other bonuses. What could be the "motivation" for me? Rhetoric question only tho. /gawi

There will always be a cap to the items you can obtain. Creating and revamping all the BG items took a significant amount of time so don't expect any new weapons etc any time soon. And no matter how much we add, people will always want newer items. Especially if they do not want to utilize them to their fullest.

That being said, in due time we'll probably add some things like pets, costumes and consumables but it's not our priority right now.

• No1 1

On 8/12/2018 at 9:22 AM, GM Amor said:

1) Yeah some maps (maybe two) are too big for the competition, we are aware of it, but please make a suggestion (https://forum.talonro.com/suggestions/).

❤️

1) That's on the agenda already;

2) Not so unbalanced, did you try the Supply Upgrade?

3) You have to click on the NPC to be able to restock, t's not done automatically, maybe drop a suggestion and we can check if that's possible or not.

1. Glad to hear it.

2. Yeah I have, it only lasts for a month and quite expensive. What about making it fully restocked instead of half after respawning?

3. Maybe make it automatically? or make an NPC next to the spawn point in case we forgot to click it.

Hi, I just bought a Glorious Suit and I want to suggest something.

Could you please make the whole Glorious Set wearable when in Town? Not in any Fields or Dungeons.

It's very unpleasant when I got out from BG and the suit got stripped automatically. Not to mention when being E-Called for WoE, can't imagine how bad it is being half-gearless in an emergency situation. Please consider this, thank you.

i didnt participate on the beta and i only played bg on diff servers before and now decided to play here so im just speaking on my own experience.

few things i think thats missing here are speed pots and BG only stat foods, not +10....+5 will do. some BG modes are missing too tho i forgot the names of those, sry.

tho supplies are given, i think some class still use their own supplies. i only played bg on like, 3 classes (sn,stalker,priest) and their supplies are provided but idk about sinx, creators or other classes that needs catalysts on skills. would be nice if there is another currency on bg for supply boxes only usable in BG.

and do we have cmd ecall here? i remembered using it on other servers with BG before and havent really tested it here.

its a good cmd to turn the tables specially on modes like "Capture the Flag". i remembered doing it with my stalker many times before.

well, those are just my thoughts, idk if some of them were removed intentionally before i came on this server so im just throwing it out here.

3 hours ago, PrideFries said:

i didnt participate on the beta and i only played bg on diff servers before and now decided to play here so im just speaking on my own experience.

few things i think thats missing here are speed pots and BG only stat foods, not +10....+5 will do. some BG modes are missing too tho i forgot the names of those, sry.

tho supplies are given, i think some class still use their own supplies. i only played bg on like, 3 classes (sn,stalker,priest) and their supplies are provided but idk about sinx, creators or other classes that needs catalysts on skills. would be nice if there is another currency on bg for supply boxes only usable in BG.

and do we have cmd ecall here? i remembered using it on other servers with BG before and havent really tested it here.

its a good cmd to turn the tables specially on modes like "Capture the Flag". i remembered doing it with my stalker many times before.

well, those are just my thoughts, idk if some of them were removed intentionally before i came on this server so im just throwing it out here.

1. "few things i think thats missing here are speed pots and BG only stat foods, not +10....+5 will do." - uhhh those who cook stat food and farm speed pots will lose another outlet of income so they wont allow it I ASSURE YOU. So for you to have a slight advantage you need to purchase them separately. Also make sure that you use your stat food before the match begins because non BG items cant be used during matches.

2. "tho supplies are given, i think some class still use their own supplies. " -yup is given on certain amounts like AD sets for Biochemist and gemstones for HP/Priest/Sage/Profs.

3. "we have cmd ecall here? i remembered using it on other servers with BG before and havent really tested it here." - uh no we dont have guild skills available during BG. I think someone mentioned its not possible since we have an old client thats incapable of that feature. In order to do so, you need to include/integrate one side or team under 1 party and on one guild for it to work. Thats how other servers Battlegrounds work (and possible since they have up-to-date clients).

4. "its a good cmd to turn the tables specially on modes like "Capture the Flag"" - it is, also its a good practice for any possible-guildleaders-that-want-to-try-woe for ecall tactics. But as stated in #3, Idont think so. Another point on that is it makes BG matches faster as possible and prevents long-boring conquest modes to ruin the fun.

46 minutes ago, Nonoko-chan said:

stuff..

im talking bout BG-only consumables so i guess it wont really hurt. the good thing about BG here is that u dont spend some supplies to play effectively, so why not go all-out and add in stats foods exclusively for BG only. say put another npc there at waiting room for consumables and use either the coins (glory/valor) or a new currency to purchase them.

so thats why i dont see ecalling stalkers here. then other cmds are prolly arent used too. its just plain killing, defending and capturing at the end.

anyways, all i can say is that we need a bit more improvement on this BG. i can only see many ppl on weekends and on select hours on weekdays. i get it that theres race event right now and also ppl do other stuff but i cant believe that even tho we have a huge popu, only a small group of ppl really play it.

39 minutes ago, PrideFries said:

im talking bout BG-only consumables so i guess it wont really hurt. the good thing about BG here is that u dont spend some supplies to play effectively, so why not go all-out and add in stats foods exclusively for BG only. say put another npc there at waiting room for consumables and use either the coins (glory/valor) or a new currency to purchase them.

so thats why i dont see ecalling stalkers here. then other cmds are prolly arent used too. its just plain killing, defending and capturing at the end.

anyways, all i can say is that we need a bit more improvement on this BG. i can only see many ppl on weekends and on select hours on weekdays. i get it that theres race event right now and also ppl do other stuff but i cant believe that even tho we have a huge popu, only a small group of ppl really play it.

"im talking bout BG-only consumables so i guess it wont really hurt." - lol believe me it wont happen. Anything that would make an impact on zenny sinking is a big no for them. Trust me we tried before. Dedicated BG players wouldnt mind using stat foods though.

• Sob 1

that made things even more depressing in my point of view.

one final suggest to them is to prolly lower the cost of supply upgrade or inc coins gained.

• Sob 1

So far the feedback has been mostly positive. If there aren't that many players running BG during certain hours then probably because people are at work on in school. There's not always an ET party going on either.

All in all we are quite happy with the BG population right now. The upcoming woe changes will also help the pvp scene I guess. We will continue to fix bugs of course, but balance wise we are on the right track I think. 

Posted (edited)

I dont know. But I do hope that those supposed "PvP/WoE GMs" play as well to know what is lacking or atleast relate to players perspective.

The following are what irks me the most in todays Battlegrounds -

1. Lack of immediate supply restock - You need to click on the NPC to restock but the restocking had some kind of timer before it hands out the refill. Sometimes you get to spawned outside w/out the time to click on the NPC WHICH I DONT GET WHY IT IS LIKE THAT. There are so many instances in some fights/modes like in Triple Inferno that the pinned down team cant fight back bec they dont have the restock available right away when they got wiped. Then gets rekt again bec of it. Imagine you got killed, then respawns w/out any pots and get rekt again. What would be convenient though if all supplies are entirely refilled after death while on spawn lobby waiting to be respawned. The Healer/Repair NPC sticks to its role as HEALER AND REPAIR not to handout supplies XD.

2. Class rebalancing every matches - This one is the worst part tbh. The lack of class rebalancing every match. So what I meant is an example like, on one match Red team have 2 Clown Bragi/Support + 2 HW + 2 Pallies + 2 Bios against Blue team with 6 Asura Champs and 1 FSK Stalker and a Bio. If theres a class balancing system present in the current BG, classes will be evenly distributed amongs team. Im not sure how the logarithm would look like but its looks like something like:

Clown -> Mode ->[checks the number of players - the most tricky part I think] ->  [if Red team have clown] - [Yes] -> Joins Blue team
                                                                                                                                                                                                                - [No] -> Joins Red team

LMAO I dont know how scripting works so RIP. But yeah would be nice if classes are evenly distributed each match to give a bit of balance. So far the current BG is fine, but definitely needs more addition and features.

Edited by Nonoko-chan
  • Fsh 1

yeah. BG update on every patch now will make us happy. i hope some suggestions we have here will be implemented soon.

oh yeah, can we have team colors here or thats another old client issue? sometimes the "marks" on top of the heads of the enemy players arent registered when they enter ur field of vision so accidental buffs, heals, cure status are applied then later realized that it was an enemy. hiding might coz this one. say the enemy hides before ur field of vision then appears a few sec after, the mark isnt there when he appears.

6 hours ago, Nonoko-chan said:

I dont know. But I do hope that those supposed "PvP/WoE GMs" play as well to know what is lacking or atleast relate to players perspective.

Yes.

18 hours ago, Nonoko-chan said:

And don't forget to buy and wear the Glorious Set too, it's very annoying because it always gets stripped when in town.

2 hours ago, Ezze said:

And don't forget to buy and wear the Glorious Set too, it's very annoying because it always gets stripped when in town.

Oh damn that one you mentioned to me before. Sorry I haven included that but yeah thats rather annoying.

• Like 1

I think the balancing for BG is always going to be a bit rough since there's no way to make a perfect system for it. Sometimes it makes for really funny matches though, but yeah at times it can be annoying too. Part of it may be the abuse of trying to stack teams by joining late and asking your buddy what team they're on, or going every other in queue when it starts (doesn't always work).

@Nonoko-chan I think they've scripted it as best that's possible, but the game can't stack more people on one team versus the other just because they're a Clown and the other team has one already. I think the initial queue does split classes properly, but if someone joins after those first 8 or so it would be just as unfair to give a team 2 more people than the other just because they already have a Clown, especially in lower attendance matches. I've been on a 3x Clown team before (as one) and it's definitely 50/50, you either dominate or crash hard cause you don't have dps. I understand Clown was just the best example but it goes the same for Prof, HW, Sniper, Pally, Champ too sometimes depending on the current composition of players and game mode. That's why it's kind of one of those "well this is the best possible outcome" scenarios since there will always be some kind of imbalance.

@GM Boreas Would there ever be the eventual possibility to add BG Happy Hour at a 6 or 8 hour interval for 1-2 hours during the Weekdays? Even at a reduced % increase of coins like 10% instead of 20%. The 6/8 hour intervals would occur at 4/3 times a day, covering most all time zones, and only lasting 1 (might be too short with game lengths, but would still offer a lingering effect in attendance spike) or 2 hours, with a 10% coin increase would offer daily chances of BG gatherings to happen during the week. Or even a static Happy Hour once a day during the weekday's. *All of this without messing with current Weekend times*. I understand the reasoning for keeping increased coin earning in check hence the 10% increase vs. 20%, it would mostly be to provide a central time during the week that people can gather and for sure find enough people playing BG. Thanks for the consideration, even if it's a dead "No."

57 minutes ago, Oh Shi- said:

@GM Boreas Would there ever be the eventual possibility to add BG Happy Hour at a 6 or 8 hour interval for 1-2 hours during the Weekdays? Even at a reduced % increase of coins like 10% instead of 20%. 

The Happy Hour runs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday right now. I understand that some people cannot be online on all three days, but everybody should make it to one spot at least. I mean sure, if you don't want to stand up at 8am or stay online until 10pm then you might be out of luck, but based on the numbers I'd say most players manage to get on. You cannot please everybody, as such we won't add any more bonuses during the week. Sorry.

17 hours ago, Nonoko-chan said:

Oh damn that one you mentioned to me before. Sorry I haven included that but yeah thats rather annoying.

We will fix that with the next monthly reboot.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, Nonoko-chan said:

2. Class rebalancing every matches - This one is the worst part tbh. The lack of class rebalancing every match. So what I meant is an example like, on one match Red team have 2 Clown Bragi/Support + 2 HW + 2 Pallies + 2 Bios against Blue team with 6 Asura Champs and 1 FSK Stalker and a Bio. If theres a class balancing system present in the current BG, classes will be evenly distributed amongs team. Im not sure how the logarithm would look like but its looks like something like:

57 minutes ago, Oh Shi- said:

Nonoko-chan I think they've scripted it as best that's possible, but the game can't stack more people on one team versus the other just because they're a Clown and the other team has one already. I think the initial queue does split classes properly, but if someone joins after those first 8 or so it would be just as unfair to give a team 2 more people than the other just because they already have a Clown, especially in lower attendance matches. I've been on a 3x Clown team before (as one) and it's definitely 50/50, you either dominate or crash hard cause you don't have dps. I understand Clown was just the best example but it goes the same for Prof, HW, Sniper, Pally, Champ too sometimes depending on the current composition of players and game mode. That's why it's kind of one of those "well this is the best possible outcome" scenarios since there will always be some kind of imbalance.

This.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:59 AM, PrideFries said:

yeah. BG update on every patch now will make us happy. i hope some suggestions we have here will be implemented soon.

https://forum.talonro.com/suggestions/

That being said, this thread was created for beta feedback. We are out of beta already. Please post your suggestions into the suggestion forum instead. :)