Character Statistics Page

GM Seiren

Hey all!

This is something we wanted to launch for a while now and it's finally done! We wanted to give everyone an insight in the class distribution on TalonRO and that's exactly what we created.

By going to the Control Panel > Resources > Character Statistics (or just clicking here) you can now view various pages to compare various class groups and branches. You will see for instance that in the Archer Branch, 64% of the players are Hunters while only 11.7% transcended into Snipers :) Values that were extremely small were removed from the results, so if you are missing a certain class, it means that it was too insignificant to show.

We will regularly update this data to keep you up-to-date of course!

Enjoy :)

Some very interesting statistics. Seems like there aren't nearly enough Professors around. I'm surprised at the amount of Gunslingers though, since I rarely see any. Even more infrequently than Professors! I'm curious as to the specific amount there are though.

Question though - where's Baby Alchemist? Too few to put in at all? Same with Baby Wizard, Crusader, Novice, Assassin, Bard/Dancer/Hunter, Priest, and Monk? Baby Rogue and Baby Knight are there, and some baby first classes. Is the cutoff 0.1% for showing it in the graph?

• Admin Consultant

Question though - where's Baby Alchemist? Too few to put in at all? Same with Baby Wizard, Crusader, Novice, Assassin, Bard/Dancer/Hunter, Priest, and Monk? Baby Rogue and Baby Knight are there, and some baby first classes. Is the cutoff 0.1% for showing it in the graph?

Exactamundo! If the overall value was less than 0.1 percent, the data were suppressed. They are out there, though! Just in very small relative quantity to the other members in each group. :)

Exactamundo! If the overall value was less than 0.1 percent, the data were suppressed. They are out there, though! Just in very small relative quantity to the other members in each group. :)

Alright, cool. xD I have some of those babies, so I was curious. That's a really tiny part of the population. I wonder just how few there really are, if they make up less than 0.1% of 8~18% of the whole population.

• Admin Consultant

Oddly enough, I couldn't find any Star Gladiator stat around, which should be in the Extended Branch together with Taekwon Kid.. Are the figures too small too ?

You know, those shouldn't be too small! I think that some of the data are getting accidentally suppressed. We'll fix that up and get those classes represented. Looks as though it only happened for just a few of them. :)

• Admin Consultant

Alright, cool. xD I have some of those babies, so I was curious. That's a really tiny part of the population. I wonder just how few there really are, if they make up less than 0.1% of 8~18% of the whole population.

Hey Kahli - I took another quick look at the table and actually they're more like 0.9%! That's still a really small number for the pie chart, but I think I can transpose this into a little companion table too for the smaller values. :) Shouldn't take more than a day to whip up! We'll get it in there! :)

Hey Kahli - I took another quick look at the table and actually they're more like 0.9%! That's still a really small number for the pie chart, but I think I can transpose this into a little companion table too for the smaller values. :) Shouldn't take more than a day to whip up! We'll get it in there! :)

I was referring to the individual classes on their base class chart, not the babies altogether.

Gawd, roughly out of 1897 online players (max. figure), there's like 3 Gypsies ? Seems like I was right to assume that Gypsy is a near-extinction class here. Didn't expect Paladin (12 per 1897) and Sage (8 per 1897) though.

The 92,7% Novice stat, I think is the result of players who give up from lags and malfunctioning clients. Well, probably.

look at the number of champs, yep pretty low i gotta say

http://wiki.talonro.com/Asura+Strike is the culprit, I think. Although it's nothing I'd complain.

Well, I can't wait until Expanded Super Novice get listed. Not that I don't know how many people have asked for it.

• Admin Consultant

Keep in mind too that this represents the entire universe of players, not just those who are active. :) For example, you might see a whole bunch of very active Champions on a daily basis, but overall they make up only a fraction of the sum total of player classes.

(Whoa - this was my 3000th post!)

• Admin Consultant

Ok! I've made some changes to the charts which should be up soon. There will also be a little table that shows you the breakdown of each and every class, right down to them there 0.01%'ers! The pie chart will still be there (and that had just a small data revision to it), but this way you'll be able to see all the granular details!

As an aside for fun (and boy do we know how to have a good time~!) - check out this "tree map" using this same information. The size of the box represents the number of players within that job; while the colors represent the class groupings (with the color legend at the top right):

ClassGrouping.png

Gives you a quick sense as to the entire makeup of TalonRO, doesn't it? :)

Keep in mind too that this represents the entire universe of players, not just those who are active. :) For example, you might see a whole bunch of very active Champions on a daily basis, but overall they make up only a fraction of the sum total of player classes.

(Whoa - this was my 3000th post!)

I was just thinking about this.

Not sure if the data is there, but you could do some sort of activity by adding the active hours (autotrade don't count as active) rather than just the class to reflect better what we see ingame.

Still, good job guys, it's interesting to see these things.