Hi im L

Solo sniper in endless tower

5 minutes ago, Mister Clay said:

Odd, I always thought deviling is great for snipers-- at least, that's what someone told me before. My life has been a lie!

you should question "someones advices" - or think about them - before you accept them..

- deviling is for reduction of incoming dmg. Sniper is long range dmg dealer. nothing is supposed to reach sniper - it should die before it gets close to you. if it will never reach you, it will never dmg you, so you dont need to reduce the dmg.. besides, most snipers are very fast so they have also very high flee, making it extremelly difficult to hit them - if they cant hit you, you dont need to reduce nonexistent dmg..

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, howrah said:

you should question "someones advices" - or think about them - before you accept them..

- deviling is for reduction of incoming dmg. Sniper is long range dmg dealer. nothing is supposed to reach sniper - it should die before it gets close to you. if it will never reach you, it will never dmg you, so you dont need to reduce the dmg.. besides, most snipers are very fast so they have also very high flee, making it extremelly difficult to hit them - if they cant hit you, you dont need to reduce nonexistent dmg..

Hahahaha yeah. But this guy sounded really convincing you know, "10 years of experience" I recall him saying. Thanks for the advice kind sir.

• Heh 1

2 hours ago, Mister Clay said:

Hahahaha yeah. But this guy sounded really convincing you know, "10 years of experience" I recall him saying. Thanks for the advice kind sir.

Adding to this just in case someone is reading and still not convinced. For ET and GMC where you have people standing between you and mobs, the only thing that should hit you is magic attacks. Deviling increases damage from non-neutral attacks, so all those LoV, SG and Meteor Storms will hurt you extra with it on. 

But I get it, it's tempting to trust confident people.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, Hi im L said:

For ET, This is what i usually bring

700 Grape Juice ( Don't rely on bio. Bring your own )
20-30 Awakening potions ( you'll need this many )
5 Leaf ( for emergency )
50 Slim potions ( for emergency )
8pcs Green Salad ( for +5 dex, more damage ) 
10 Green potions
7 Silver / Holy Arrow Quiver
5 Shadow Arrow Quiver
4 Crystal Arrow Quiver
4 Immaterial Arrow Quiver
3 Wind Arrow Quiver
2 Stone Arrow Quiver
2 Fire Arrow Quiver

Just out of curiosity, why so many green salads? Isn't it heavy since you're carrying a good amount of quivers too.

As a solo Sniper in ET you dont need Def Gear. You are the DD so why Devilling? You are on Pneuma or the Priests take care of you.

Crit Built - Chung E / DS Built Dragon Tail. Sniping Gloom and any unfrozen. When you are rich go for Sniping Ktul to do maximum Damage on Ifrit. GG 

• No1 1

On 3/17/2018 at 1:54 AM, mike007 said:

Just out of curiosity, why so many green salads? Isn't it heavy since you're carrying a good amount of quivers too.

1 green salad = 20 min
3 green salad = 1 hour

most ET ( Specially if solo sniper ) is finished within 2 hours To 2 hours and 30 min. so i putted 8 green salads for a max of 2 hours and 40 min.

HOWEVER

some snipers only brings like 2-3 green salads and only used them during high floors. You can do this too if you want ~~~

soo it's up to you if you want that +5 dex from the beginning or not... also... i can carry all of those without reaching 90% weight ( thought just a little more and my weight would already be 90%.. Soo just organize your item weight )

This guide should be completed with hand/wrist stretches, just saying. Solo sniper is no joke.

• Like 1
  • No1 1

Question here: Which is better for sniper: 2 ifrit briss, 2 sting briss or 1 sting+1 ifrit briss? I'm mostly on my end game now as a sniper. Need your thoughts, thank you in advance!

Posted (edited)

i thought going vit build with LT sleip is better? since u switch alot gec is not going to heal ur sp much. juz bring more gj. and u can use less greenies. they are mainly for when u are on LKH. go 57vit, with valk helm u will have 97 vit.

LT sleip gives u more hp than gec and it gives u dmg as well.

Edited by MoonSun&Stars

Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, badong2190 said:

Question here: Which is better for sniper: 2 ifrit briss, 2 sting briss or 1 sting+1 ifrit briss? I'm mostly on my end game now as a sniper. Need your thoughts, thank you in advance!

2 bris sting if u can hit 200 dex. if not juz 1 sting 1 ifrit. if u can hit 210 dex that is even better but i can only hit 210 dex with 10dex food.

Edited by MoonSun&Stars

6 hours ago, MoonSun&Stars said:

2 bris sting if u can hit 200 dex. if not juz 1 sting 1 ifrit. if u can hit 210 dex that is even better but i can only hit 210 dex with 10dex food.

So 210 dex is the max stat you need to achieve optimum dps? (note: 3 alt snipers have no bonuses yet, only 1 got it. Total of 4 snipers here).

u definitely nd all the bonuses to reach maximum dps. the 190 or 200 dex and above is juz the dps advantage u can get from bris sting & ifrit or bris sting & sting combo.

definitely get the bonuses while ur on celeb rings first. no point buying bris if u still dont have bonuses.

u definitely nd all the bonuses to reach maximum dps. the 190 or 200 dex and above is juz the dps advantage u can get from bris sting & ifrit or bris sting & sting combo.

definitely get the bonuses while ur on celeb rings first. no point buying bris if u still dont have bonuses.

Thanks for that, but then I have one sniper who got all bonuses up now, the other 3 don't have it yet. Guess I have to find a bonus ing farmer again here on the forum threads. And I made 1 briss now.

u can use 1 celeb and 1 bris[sting] combo for now. or if u wanna put ifrit in the bris is fine too as ifrit gives crit as well. When u switch over to crit gears it is easier to hit ur 100 crit.

woa nice guide bro. just noticed im that bio nyahahaha :)

Posted (edited)

Idk why people still talk about Briss being better. Bow Thimble Ifrit/Stings DESTROYS bris in ET in terms of damage output AND IT'S ALSO CHEAPER.

You don't need the extra luk to reach max crit, you don't need the extra int/vit, you only need the Dex and Agi. Losing the Agi is quite sad, but 6% LR damage is N-O-J-O-K-E (+8 dex from stings and the crit/atk from Ifrit).

Also you gotta switch to a GTB low weight shield on EQ mvps like Ifrit. IT is pretty easy to predict and it will increase your overall DPS by actually not dying. 

Edited by Xqst
  • Fsh 1

Posted (edited)

Do you reach 190 aspd with thimble?

I know DS & SS don’t need 190 aspd

So thimble will beat Bris at DS.

But what about flee up MVP. VR, GMC Shiris.

Or those high def MVP, like Saen.

Also that GMC with raydric minions where SS is bad because dead raydric = more LK

And if a DS misclicked and kill the raydric = more LK too.

So you’re reaching max crit now with your current build?

Is there a “miss” on MVP like Shiris VR Lance Sniper etc.... apart from doing SS and pull agro. Or you have a trick for that?

Why shield and stop shooting? You might as well don’t stand in earthquake range. If snipers don’t have clear place to stand then your party have to reposition.

Your way might work. Make a thread/guide and address these question. And any more question anyone else can come up with.

I’m not saying that your way don’t work. But that you should elaborate it if you want to tell the people that it is better. Instead of short claim in other people thread.

If you don’t want to share then it’s ok. And also don’t claim it is better in other thread too. Just keep it your secret is fine.

Edited by NattWara

no GMC MVPs in ET... so no need to discuss them :) (we are in ET thread)

but the rest seems legit - I think that you want all the crit that you can get. same with aspd (and dex).. and I also think that you can stay away from EQ..

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, NattWara said:

Do you reach 190 aspd with thimble?

I know DS & SS don’t need 190 aspd

So thimble will beat Bris at DS.

But what about flee up MVP. VR, GMC Shiris.

Or those high def MVP, like Saen.

Also that GMC with raydric minions where SS is bad because dead raydric = more LK

And if a DS misclicked and kill the raydric = more LK too.

So you’re reaching max crit now with your current build?

Is there a “miss” on MVP like Shiris VR Lance Sniper etc.... apart from doing SS and pull agro. Or you have a trick for that?

Why shield and stop shooting? You might as well don’t stand in earthquake range. If snipers don’t have clear place to stand then your party have to reposition.

Your way might work. Make a thread/guide and address these question. And any more question anyone else can come up with.

I’m not saying that your way don’t work. But that you should elaborate it if you want to tell the people that it is better. Instead of short claim in other people thread.

If you don’t want to share then it’s ok. And also don’t claim it is better in other thread too. Just keep it your secret is fine.

- 189 is what I have without switching anything, I wasn't trying to get to 190 in the first place. As long as you have at least 187 you are fine at all scenarios and I haven't invested in a Valky Helm, so you WILL get 190.

- It beats Briss at SS too, in terms of raw damage.

- IDK how people go to ET here, but Flee UP MvPs in vanilla scenerios are DISPELLED by the Prof. IDK the current formation here. Regardless, you get 100% crit using bow thimbles, I don't see the issue.

- I've never gone to GMC, but if there are situations where you want something else, just swap equipment like everyone capable. You don't need Briss as Sniper, period. Is a waste of money. You would probably be better off spending on having more than one arte, you will see better results.

- Yes, I reach max crit. It's the same build as everyone else, just not using Bris/Celebs but Bow Thimbles... when using bris, you get more % crit than you need.

- I'm talking about ET. In ET there is NO WAY you are not in EQ range when you are killing EQ MvPs like Ifrit and Valky. If you are on hitting range, you are on EQ range, unless it's changed here and has a smaller AoE (Which should be nonsense). You could walk it off because of your range, but you are better off swapping a shield for 2 seconds, then change bow and keep going. I asure you, you have more DPS that way.

The questions that I omitted is because, you are only swapping two accesories... there is no rocket science behind it. The things that you could do before, you can do them now, but with more damage. I'm also talking about SS and DS stricticly, if you want to AA, I wouldn't use the regular builds that you come across here, but that's a topic for another discussion.

EDIT: Briss is of course an amazing item in other classes, but is not THE best in Snipers.

Also I won't create a thread to make people use my build. If they really want to stand out at the game, they should go to the calculator and optimize their builds instead of copy-cating the builds on the forums. If they have the money to spend in end game sniper, they should have the knowledge to play with the calc.

Edited by Xqst
  • No1 1

-That's a good point on using dispell on flee-up MvP.

-190 aspd is for auto-crit. for those party with no prof. But DS>Auto-crit so with the above point stated then dispell and DS with thimble is better.

-100 crit on status window is not the same as 100% crit rate on monster. VR need ~136 for auto-crit, ~116 for SS But since you know the calc I'll take it that you mean those ~116/~136 thing is your max at 100% with whatever you're doing.

-There's a way to stand out of earthquake range in ET. The room is long enough. Unless your party decide to wall-tank in the middle where the width is surely not enough if sniper stand at the opposite wall. They could have drag it to the end or the beginning of the room instead. If you're shooting at max range close to perpendicular angle to the MVP then you will be 1 cell away from earthgquake range.

-Common setup here are:
2+ HP
1 HW
1 Bio
1 SB Champ
1 Pally
Snipers
Extra slot usually fill with more snipers/HP
Some party will take prof.
Few people will take clown/gypsy.

• Fsh 1

1 hour ago, NattWara said:

-That's a good point on using dispell on flee-up MvP.

-190 aspd is for auto-crit. for those party with no prof. But DS>Auto-crit so with the above point stated then dispell and DS with thimble is better.

-100 crit on status window is not the same as 100% crit rate on monster. VR need ~136 for auto-crit, ~116 for SS But since you know the calc I'll take it that you mean those ~116/~136 thing is your max at 100% with whatever you're doing.

-There's a way to stand out of earthquake range in ET. The room is long enough. Unless your party decide to wall-tank in the middle where the width is surely not enough if sniper stand at the opposite wall. They could have drag it to the end or the beginning of the room instead. If you're shooting at max range close to perpendicular angle to the MVP then you will be 1 cell away from earthgquake range.

-Common setup here are:
2+ HP
1 HW
1 Bio
1 SB Champ
1 Pally
Snipers
Extra slot usually fill with more snipers/HP
Some party will take prof.
Few people will take clown/gypsy.

The SS also provides an innate 20% crit chance. So when you have 80% on window, you really have 100%. If you AA, of course, you do have 80%; but like I said before, I use a different build for AA.

And the setup make sense, I wish Profes were a bit more valuable here though. A good Proff can make ET much easier.

Also, what you are saying about EQ is true, however, I thought people tanked ETs here as the usual setup (Basically on the corner of the pillar that is on the stairs of the first to second floor). It is easier to support the party that way with sanct and so on. Even with RSX, the pillar makes the position of the MvPs more straightforward and that makes it easier for the killers. 

I don't know how optimized the strats on ET are in this server, because the items that you can get here make things way easier.

Thanks sir.

• Fsh 1
  • No1 1

it really depends on ur build. im using bris as im a vit build sniper using LT and immune to silence and curse if u use cheap vit food as well. depends on what u wanna play. 

• Fsh 1

3 hours ago, MoonSun&Stars said:

it really depends on ur build. im using bris as im a vit build sniper using LT and immune to silence and curse if u use cheap vit food as well. depends on what u wanna play. 

Yeah, I actually think this build is rather useful.

but bow thimble will always have the highest dmg output. im using LT build so that im tanky in twc as well. i am able to adjust my stats such that i can hit high dmg while maintaining my vit sufficient to be immune. ill not reveal here. u nd to figure it out urself.