GM Elixia

TalonRO Custom Headgear Design Contest

Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to see your entries! /??

• Fsh 1
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Hello!!

I always wanted to participate in arts contest, but before, I would like to ask something regarding the rules. There it says:

1 hour ago, GM Elixia said:
  • Entries may be drawn either traditionally (by hand) or digitally.
  • Entries must be presented in colour.
  • Entries must be original.
    • NO copying from existing RO headgear.
    • NO copying from other games.
    • NO plagiarism.
    • Entries deemed copied shall be disqualified or removed from the contest.

In my case, I'm not good in drawing (last time I tried to make a Panda I ended creating an alien :c) but I know Photo Manipulation using Photoshop. Is that allowed? Or using Photo manipulation will result in disqualification?

Edited by * Zyon ~
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, * Zyon ~ said:

Hello!!

I always wanted to participate in arts contest, but before, I would like to ask something regarding the rules. There it says:

In my case, I'm not good in drawing (last time I tried to make a Panda I ended creating an alien :c) but I know Photo Manipulation using Photoshop. Is that allowed? Or using Photo manipulation will result in disqualification?

Hi Zyon! That shouldn't be a problem, provided the photo manipulation doesn't resemble any existing RO headgear.  /ok

• Like 1
  • Heh 1

Posted (edited)

How many headgears i can make and show here? 1? 3? Or more?

Edited by lusup
  • Like 1

is it possible to make headgear design base on cartoon (sponge bob for example)?

• No1 1

11 minutes ago, agilazo said:

i wanna make one :D maybe 2 :D or 3 :D or many more! :D

At the bottom of the event post it does state that you can submit multiple entries.

• Heh 3

Posted (edited)

Hiii. I would like to give a try at this. But I dont have photoshop to open the .psd and edit the text. ANy sugestions?

Should I use the font (courier New) with a size that makes it look similar?

Edit: I see, i thought the font had to be courier new.

Edit2: over 9000 ideas, but lack skills to draw /desp

Edited by Cueio
  • No1 1

2 hours ago, Cueio said:

Hiii. I would like to give a try at this. But I dont have photoshop to open the .psd and edit the text. ANy sugestions?

eh?? i dont if the rule about using Courier New with 8pt is fixed? ahaha, im drawing it with inkscape vector graphic, and the headgear frame template for png is very big! the size 8pt is too small for it, so im using size 24pt

• No1 1

On 3/5/2018 at 12:24 AM, lusup said:

How many headgears i can make and show here? 1? 3? Or more?

As many as you would like! /fsh

22 hours ago, Zeiniru said:

is it possible to make headgear design base on cartoon (sponge bob for example)?

Hi Zeineru!

Yes you can! So long as it's not the same design as an existing gear from tRO or other games /no1

17 hours ago, agilazo said:

i wanna make one :D maybe 2 :D or 3 :D or many more! :D

The more the merrier! /??

12 hours ago, Cueio said:

Yes! That's okay to do :3

12 hours ago, Cueio said:

Don't lose hope! We talonians are quite a talented bunch! You never know the extent of your skills unless you try :3

1 hour ago, kcilds said:

Always dreamed about beign a Ragnarok mad hatter. I think RO art was one of my greatest inspiration to become pixel artist (https://www.piskelapp.com/user/6322775474044928#)

So here is my first piece:

The Doom of Despair

DoomDespair.gif.cefba8b5352d6a843b80f175e5b45fa1.gif

5a9dcf8a01ae6_TalonRODoomofDespair.thumb.png.d80fbe76d7a50b9f5ff427b14912db56.png

13 hours ago, agilazo said:

in game name : Coffein or Coyo or Rogueboy or CoffeLatte

THIS IS MY ENTRY!! muehehe hmm, i think its fits with GM rainbow and Radius challange? :huh:

this is upper head gear:

Celestial Demon Skull.png

this is middle head gear:

Celestial demon headphone.png

this is lower head gear

Celestial demon jaw bone.png

Oh my! You guys shock me with how fast you churn out your entries! This is amazing! /slur

• Love 2

Posted (edited)

IGN: Rikkon

FIXED THE FONT FOR EVERY ENTRY WEW!

GLAD I SAW IT BEFORE THE DEADLINE xD

My 1st entry is a 3 Piece Headgear, i'll do better on the following entries, I just had to get this out of my head xD

• The GM Radius Challenge:      8900.gif +3 Undivided Tri-Forte : Create a three-piece headgear set consisting upper, middle and lower headgear!

HEAD.png.1006f685470ad2f871e6694b30fb5788.png

Judgemental Arrows

5aa28519038da_Entry1JudgementalArrows.thumb.jpg.52089712d6ad34f278884c2c7d01135c.jpg

Closed eyes

5aa284dbf126e_Entry1ClosedEyes.thumb.jpg.07013be2da1eca530514f1bec79e7eaa.jpg

Grit Teeth

5aa284ddd4d70_Entry1GritTeeth.thumb.jpg.aea2434258da88d993c2b2cd46b8f4e8.jpg

2nd entry, this one plays with my IGN: Rikkon = Nokkir

I did say I was gonna do better for my other entries xD

• The GM Rainbow Challenge:  8900.gif +3 Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them : Use your imagination to create an original and new magical beast, then base your headgear on that new beast and provide its backstory in its description.
  • The GM Radius Challenge:      8900.gif +3 Undivided Tri-Forte : Create a three-piece headgear set consisting upper, middle and lower headgear!

SET.thumb.jpg.14309013db809c75b651db410eb6f10b.jpg

posting this just so you know the monster this gear came from, I'm doing it full body for a contest in facebook :D

Lets see you try to fight this guy head on. 

28906639_10212929021793069_1450470859_n.jpg.22a88d5d16de23aaccb1198b1c98c142.jpgUntitled-2.png.8e1c90a1dc352d6e787fda5c2698bb45.png

Upper

5aa289e77363a_E21.thumb.jpg.bc8188aa21830ffc0c494069ebb21ad0.jpg

Mid

5aa289e975c42_E22.thumb.jpg.4eea138e9846f5649960dbabdec5cbf9.jpg

Lower

5aa289ebb8816_E23.thumb.jpg.0777726c293cecbfb9b7541fe89edc1f.jpg

3rd Entry

BUNNY WABBIT!!!

• The GM Lance Challenge:        8900.gif +1 Fuzzy Hare : Create a headgear that oozes bunny appeal!
  • The GM Spica Challenge:         8900.gif +1 Pink Madness : Create a headgear that has pink in it!
  • The GM Copal Challenge:        8900.gif +1 Disguise Yourself Create a headgear that covers your face.
  • Untitled-1.png.b16c627708bf28d0f5630df956b6fe4c.png

E3.thumb.jpg.06672136ab0fd6d5eb371ee4ebaa81d9.jpg

@GM Elixia - Question :)
I submitted 3 entries but basically 7 head gears all in all. will that be counted as 7 entries? or just 3 since the 1st 2 entries are a set?

Thank you for your reply in advance ^_^

Edited by bchan03
  • Like 2
  • Heh 2
  • Love 2
  • No1 3

Haha cool entries so far, don't forget to pick an extra challenge that fits your design guys~ its always nice to have a little extra if you win <3

• Like 3

On 3/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, Blue-chan said:

Took a while, but I'm finally ready to post my first set of headgear designs! /crwd

Disclaimer: I'm not much of an artist (more of a writer), so my apologies in advance for the low quality of the designs! I'm mostly using photo manipulation to get my ideas across, so I hope these will spark your imagination like they did with mine. /heh

Note: I'm using Courier New font size 18pt, as 8pt looks rather small in the provided PNG template – do let me know if this is all right. /gawi

Headgear Series: Avatar of the Four Gods

They all have a burning fire animation like this -> 1921.gif (I just lack the skills to do so. /desp)

5aa0f7f7b4aa9_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarTiger1.png.0ca93dd9ecb2b4e767c9c63ace94d587.png5aa0f7f832775_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarTiger2.png.c052a28fbb37b60aef358267177d074c.png

5aa0f8009513c_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarBird1.png.0c5ea9790d22425b5a5cacf08d312fe4.png5aa0f801112d4_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarBird2.png.883018992ea54eb605e37f6e81d05afe.png

5aa0f8068ca0b_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarDragon1.png.2b7477a67ed001b84c1eef8d1def6904.png5aa0f807030fb_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarDragon2.png.e8984cf18baea9801ecaddd53310c6c9.png

5aa0f80c4533d_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarTortoise1.png.57b1fbb6e6b46974687632c67ec1099b.png5aa0f80cb5079_TalonRO-CustomHeadgearDesignContest-FourGodsAvatarTortoise2.png.2dd214d6fd4bc3b7264b12aadac14c58.png

Back Story / Headgear Questline:

Reveal hidden contents

This headgear is obtainable through a quest similar to the Lord Kaho's Horn quest.

Quest Prerequisites: Ring of the Wise King, Heart Fragment Quest

One day, while adventuring in the wilderness, the player adventurer meets a lone shrine maiden sweeping the ground outside a small shrine. "Oh, hello," she greets. "It isn't often someone comes by this way. Would you please keep me company for a while?"

The adventurer agrees. "Sure, why not?"

She smiles. "Thank you. My name is Kanna; what's yours? [Player Name], is it? It's nice to meet you."

"What do you do here?"

"Me? I am the last of the shrine maiden for the temple of the Four Gods."

"The Four Gods...?"

A sad smile. "Not many people remember them anymore. A long time ago, people used pray to them all over the world. But when Satan Morroc arose a thousand years ago, the Four Gods spent all of their power to seal him, and they fell into a deep slumber until now."

"I thought it was the Mage Knight Thanatos who sealed Satan Morroc?"

"Yes, Thanatos did so with the help of the Four Gods... but not many people think so anymore. Even the shrine maidens have lost faith, treating the Four Gods as mere legends, and now I'm the only one left." A sigh. "I hope that one day, the Four Gods will awaken once more..."

They part ways. Time passes, the adventurer completes the Pursuing Rayan Moore quest, and eventually passes by Kanna and the shrine again.

"Oh, hello again," she greets. "It's been a while. How are you?"

"Hey..." the adventurer begins, "You said the Four Gods helped to seal Satan Morroc back then, right? Well, Satan Morroc arose again... and destroyed the town of Morroc."

She gasps and drops the broom in her hand. "What?! Oh no, this can't be true! But, the Four Gods are still asleep..."

"Is there any way we could awake them?"

"I don't know... maybe you should ask another shrine maiden."

The adventurer then heads out on a quest to awaken the Four Gods. First he asks another shrine maiden (perhaps at Amatsu / Rachel?), who mentions a spell that can be used to summon gods and asks the adventurer to gather the required materials. With the materials in hand, the shrine maiden casts the spell, but aside from a bright flash of light, nothing happens.

"That's odd," the shrine maiden says. "This ritual has never failed before."

"What does that mean?" the adventurer asks.

"One possible reason I can think of is that the Four Gods are so deep in slumber that we need a strong power to awake them. But something so strong isn't something we can get our hands on so easily..."

The adventurer returns to Kanna and updates her on the situation.

"Something strong... what could it be?" Kanna wonders aloud.

They part ways, after which the adventurer completes the How the Airship Works and the Heart Fragment quests. When the adventurer returns to Kanna, the Rune Stone or imitation of Ymir's Heart is suggested as the source of power to awaken the Four Gods.

"It's worth a shot," Kanna says. "Let's give it a try!"

First, the adventurer will have to get a Rune Stone, and to do that they will have to sneak into the laboratory in Einbroch again, using the same password system as in the Heart Fragment quest. Once inside, the adventurer steals a Rune Stone and leaves quietly.

When shown the Rune Stone, the other shrine maiden (at Amatsu / Rachel?) nods and says, "Yes, I believe this is strong enough to awaken the Four Gods. However, we need a machine to be able to harness the power..."

After the adventurer completes the Ring of the Wise King quest, they visit the Schwartzvalt Mechanic NPC at Midgard Camp, the one who helped to make the Ring of the Wise King. When asked to make a machine strong enough to activate the Rune Stone, he raises an eyebrow.

"Machine to use a Rune Stone...? What are you using it for?"

The adventurer contemplates lying about the reason, but in the end chooses to tell the truth about awakening the Four Gods.

"I see... I don't really believe in the Four Gods or anything, but since you've helped me so much, I'll do it... for a fee. And of course, you'll be the one to gather the materials." He lists the materials and fee required, and adds, "Also, I'll need the summoning spell to put into the machine."

When asked, the other shrine maiden (at Amatsu / Rachel?) says, "Yes, I can make the spell for you if you would bring the following." She lists the items required, and adds, "And a donation of [Amount] zeny to the temple will be very much appreciated."

Grumbling, the adventurer relents. The shrine maiden requires 2 hours to prepare the summoning spell. "It's a delicate process," she says.

When the adventurer returns to the mechanic at Midgard Camp with the spell and the gathered materials, the latter requires 2 hours to make the machine. "Hey, I'm busy enough as it is!" he says. "As much as a genius as I am, I still need 2 hours to build the machine from scratch."

Once the machine is completed, the mechanic declared, "Am I a genius or what? No one else can build this at record speed like I did! Here, take the Rune Stone Activator; I even made it as portable as possible for you. Turn it on, adjust the dial and push the big red button. You don't need an instruction manual, right?"

The adventurer returns to Kanna, who leads them into the shrine. Upon activating the Rune Stone, they are teleported into a set of floating rocks in a void, where four coloured crystals – blue, red, green and black – are waiting for them. At this point, the adventurer can choose to awaken one of the Four Gods and challenge them, as instance MVP battles similar to the Spirit of Lord Kaho's instance in the Lord Kaho's Horns quest.

Upon awakening any of the Four Gods using the Rune Stone Activator, the God bellows, "Who dares awaken me?! A mere mortal?"

"Please, Lord [Gods' Name]!" Kanna cries. "Satan Morroc has awaken once again; we need your help to fight him!"

A pause. "Satan Morroc... a name we would not have wanted to hear again. Very well, mortal, I will lend you what is left of my power after my long slumber... after you complete my trial. To prove you are strong enough to wield my power..." The God roars. "Defeat my avatar!"

(Below are what I have in mind for their designs, which are from the internet so credits to their original creator!)

After defeating the Gods, the avatar version of the God (like the headgear) appears before the adventurer.

"You have proven your strength, mortal," the God says. "I shall lend you my power in accordance to yours – the stronger you are, the more power you shall receive. My avatar shall now accompany you on your journey, to defeat Satan Morroc once and for all."

Both the adventurer and shrine maiden is teleported back to the shrine; everything seems normal as though nothing has happened. Except this time, the adventurer has the avatar of the defeated God (received the headgear).

"I never thought..." Kanna whispers. "I never thought I'd live to see one of the Four Gods awakened! If only the others had believed and stayed..." She shakes her head. "One of the Four Gods have awakened, but there are still three more! I'm counting on you, [Player Name]!"

At this point, the adventurer can talk to Kanna to be teleported to the instance again and choose to awaken the next God to challenge. Kanna will count down after each MVP defeated, like, "Two of the Four Gods remain deep in slumber. I'm counting on you, [Player Name]!"

Once all Four Gods MVPs have been defeated (and all four headgears received), Kanna says, "All the Four Gods are awakened..." She smiles. "Thank you for making my dream come true, [Player Name]. I hope this will help with the battle with Satan Morroc."

And that is the end of the quest. If the adventurer chooses to talk to Kanna again, though, she says, "Oh, hello, [Player Name]! I hope the power of the Four Gods are helping you well. Me? Well, I don't have much to do now that the Four Gods are awakened... and after working as a shrine maiden my whole life, I'm not quite sure what else I should do. Maybe I should head to Yuno and become a baker..."

Inspiration Source:

Reveal hidden contents

These four themed headgears were designed based on the four legendary creatures in Chinese mythology and is often found in Asian media, especially video games and manga/manhwa/manhua. (TV Tropes explanation). It may be one of the more popular mythology, but I love seeing the same theme applied differently in different media and I wanted to try and do the same for TalonRO. Plus I love the idea of having a creature avatar by my character's side, so this idea was born!

As for the stats, I love the idea of having diversified lower headgear that may be considered on par with the Lord Kaho's Horns as upper headgear, and that will help to diversify the class builds even more. I'm sure that will make the game more interesting. /heh

GM Challenges:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The GM Elixia Challenge:         8900.gif +3 Pixel Player Pusher : Present your headgear in a sprite / pixel art style.
  • The GM Phoenix Challenge:   8900.gif +2 Mythical Hat : Create a headgear that's based on Norse Mythology, or another real world mythology of your choosing.

More headgears coming soon, so do stay tuned! /heh

Oh wow! This reminds me of Fushigi Yuugi's Book of the Four Gods lore! /fsh

Such cool entries! /fshKeep them coming guys!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • No1 1

IGN : Coffein, CoffeeLatte, CoffeeMilk

another head gears :D

• The GM Copal Challenge:        8900.gif +1 Disguise Yourself Create a headgear that covers your face.

its simple mask

maskOfOje.png

• Like 2
  • Fsh 1

IGN : Coffein, CoffeeLatte, CoffeeMilk, Rogueboy

another head gears :D

• The GM Mikzie Challenge:      8900.gif +1 Mermaid Melody : Create a headgear inspired by the ocean!

i dont know if there already headgear with this concept, since i think i cee some fish animation sprite costume in the past

but, i think its not hurt to try ahaha :D

OceanicHairband.png

• Like 4
  • Fsh 1
  • Love 1

I'll start off my first submission with this headgear...my inspiration for this one is an inside joke amongst our guild. LMAO. 

CHALLENGE:

GM Elixia Present your headgear in a sprite/pixel art style. +3

• GM Copal Create a headgear that covers your face. +1

5aa628e347495_Headgear_PantyThiefMask.thumb.jpg.0b0d601844931b4da1987701d4360ceb.jpg

CHALLENGE:

GM Rainbow Use your imagination to create an original and new magical beast, then base your headgear on that new beast and provide its backstory in its description. +3

GM Radius Create a three-piece headgear set consisting upper, middle, and lower headgear. +3

5aa62a0eb01db_Headgear_FirecrawlCrown.thumb.jpg.c74e8489a2cd48d84d42d987b59f0fa8.jpg

5aa62ab71253b_Headgear_FirecrawlMouthWrap.thumb.jpg.c240032ac34f347d538a5c053893bc31.jpg

5aa62aa9338a6_Headgear_FirecrawlShades.thumb.jpg.1e4e374d1102feba51906bea5ab54991.jpg

CHALLENGE:

GM Radius Create a three-piece headgear set consisting upper, middle, and lower headgear. +3

GM Spica Create a headgear that has pink in it! +1

5aa62ae6660af_Headgear_NeonSideHalo.thumb.jpg.708431d63214c22dda193412a5f0c285.jpg

5aa62aefd8f22_Headgear_NeonShades.thumb.jpg.a3896f2e38a9e26a48f6d83bf72df4f7.jpg

5aa62b06a5309_Headgear_NeonSmokes.thumb.jpg.bf179ec777b01c5a510b0e5c51d6e292.jpg

• Like 2
  • Fsh 1
  • Love 2

The link for downloading the file are gone :(

• Sorry 1

Posted (edited)

Added Headgear Series: Cat Communicator Hat! /crwd

On 3/11/2018 at 8:35 AM, GM Elixia said:

Oh wow! This reminds me of Fushigi Yuugi's Book of the Four Gods lore! /fsh

Haha, I haven't had the chance to read/watch Fushigi Yuugi, but the Four Gods is a popular mythology in manga, which is one reason why I wanted a TalonRO version! /heh

On 3/12/2018 at 9:37 PM, Riiko said:

The link for downloading the file are gone :(

Oh, uh, I don't have the *.PSD version (since I use Paint.NET instead of Photoshop), but I've uploaded the image *.PNG version so that you could at least get started on your headgear design! /go

[A template was here]

Edited by Blue-chan
Deleted the template as the download link has been fixed!
  • No1 1