Sign in to follow this  
Cylland

Str and ATK Scalling

Hey can somemone tell me how the Str and ATK scalles?

So, I have  a friend, and he has a Assassin.Whenever he puts 1 or 99 str the diference is minimal and he cant even reach 200 damage on any mob (and he is almost lv90)

can somemone explain why? and how to help him to do more damage because to that point re gave up on str and put all hoos points to vit and agi(at least he can tank for me)

we are new to this server and we are still learning,sorry for my bad english and thank you for reading.

Hey Cylland, welcome to the server :D

The Str should definitely be scaling his damage and should see a noticeable change between 1 and 99. Do you know what type of weapons he's using, dagger or katar?

Also check which monsters he's testing it on, since that can have an affect. But still, he should see more damage with 99 str than with 1.

You can also try the calculator so that he doesn't waste money on stat resets. Play with the str level to see how damage should scale on specific monsters. https://calc.talonro.com/

• Like 1

Hi and thank you for replying, He was using a Edem katar III and Was testing on a Zommbie prisioner doind arround 140 main hand and 45 secondary

this is how it works: https://irowiki.org/classic/Stats

STR does increase your dmg if we talk about close combat

it is hard to say, why he doesnt have enough dmg - give more details..

my wild guess is - your friend doesnt know about hit and the dmg delt is some kind of "never miss" dmg (seeking dmg I believe) - I dont know what that katar does..

it can be high def of the monster, it can be something else..

I guess that he just read some guide and followed some of the advices, without knowing why - and this is how it ends up :( 

I am sorry that you have to go through this stage - so - give more details - stat build, equips, target.. and we will think of something :) 

or just read some more guides and see if it helps: https://wiki.talonro.com/Category:Class_Guides

• Like 1

how much dex does your friend have? i remember once being told dex effects the min-max damage ratio. testing on a zombie prisoner though im suprised that with 99 str your friend is not hitting 200 damage though since 99 str would naturally give around 200 attack and with the zombie prisoner having 10 def the katars with 145 attack on top and not forgetting katar masterys +30 atk  should be high enough to consistantly hit 200 possibly even the 300s.  i mean i don't know a lot about the assassin class but i know they do 2 hits. i mean is the 1st hit like your atk and the 2nd hit a bonus as one? or is it your attack split into 2 attacks? 

15 minutes ago, MasterSlayer said:

how much dex does your friend have? i remember once being told dex effects the min-max damage ratio. testing on a zombie prisoner though im suprised that with 99 str your friend is not hitting 200 damage though since 99 str would naturally give around 200 attack and with the zombie prisoner having 10 def the katars with 145 attack on top and not forgetting katar masterys +30 atk  should be high enough to consistantly hit 200 possibly even the 300s.  i mean i don't know a lot about the assassin class but i know they do 2 hits. i mean is the 1st hit like your atk and the 2nd hit a bonus as one? or is it your attack split into 2 attacks? 

DEX only affects the weapons base ATK. The damage from STR is fixed. You can test that by punching mobs and you will see your damage is always the same. So at 99 STR including job bonus to STR and some points in DEX (which also adds a low amount of ATK) even without a weapon you should do close to 200 Damage per hit.

About Katars the first hit is a normal hit that deals damage according to ATK, Cards, Masteries, Element and so on. The second hit is just a bonus. The damage is a percentage of your first hit. Not exactly sure what percentage though.