Sign in to follow this  
GM Lance

PvM | Nightmare's Rift: Arena of Champions

Will the MVPs drop anything?

And, to be clear, only the party with the most MVP kills will win? I.e. only one party will get those prizes? or if there is a tie, there would be more than one, I guess.

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, daze413 said:

Will the MVPs drop anything?

And, to be clear, only the party with the most MVP kills will win? I.e. only one party will get those prizes? or if there is a tie, there would be more than one, I guess.

Yes, the MVPs will drop their own set of loot upon defeat.

Should there be a tie, we'll distribute prizes to both teams! /ok

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Clareon said:

Is dual allowed?

16 minutes ago, Cherrios said:

can we dual client?

Not for this event, unfortunately.

Does everyone compete for the same 18 MVPs or does every party get warped to their own map? 

• Like 1

Wow this is short notice. I'd like to go and all but this is at the common guild ET time o_o

3 minutes ago, Sinshine said:

Wow this is short notice. I'd like to go and all but this is at the common guild ET time o_o

Why not join this one for a change? You can take your entire Endless Tower party here! /awsm

• No1 1

This seems interesting and will be a nice change of wind in a long time xD.

We would like to register as SpankySpanky party.

Edited by Rayssss
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, McKilly said:

Does everyone compete for the same 18 MVPs or does every party get warped to their own map? 

Yes, each party will compete for the same MVPs in a specific order.

1 hour ago, Sinshine said:

We'll be conducting these instances regularly, so hopefully you'll get to participate in future runs!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GM Lance said:

Yes, each party will compete for the same MVPs in a specific order.

We'll be conducting these instances regularly, so hopefully you'll get to participate in future runs!

Does this mean we take turns in beating the MVPs i.e., one group kills Lance, next group tries and so forth until the groups drop out one after another? Or does it just mean all parties compete for one Lance (like the halloween MVP battle thing) and just the order of MVPs is specific?

• Like 1

Just now, Askein said:

Does this mean we take turns in beating the MVPs i.e., one group kills Lance, next group tries and so forth until the groups drop out one after another? Or does it just mean all parties compete for one Lance (like the halloween MVP battle thing) and just the order of MVPs is specific?

No, you won't be competing for the same MVP as each party will run the trials on separate maps (think ET).

The goal is to defeat more MVPs than your competitors in order to claim the crown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, GM Lance said:

No, you won't be competing for the same MVP as each party will run the trials on separate maps (think ET).

The goal is to defeat more MVPs than your competitors in order to claim the crown. 

So Same mvp order, but separate instances from the other parties if I understood that correctly.

3 minutes ago, ValheruWolf said:

So Same mvp order, but separate instances from the other parties if I understood that correctly.

Correct! /lv

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Yuren said:

Registering as "Calibre".

No point in registering anymore. Yuren won. /desp

• Heh 1

So why is dual clienting not allowed? It’s more of a disadvantage to play more classes rather than focusing on one no? If the rewards is the problem, maybe use the same concept on GMC, have that person claim on only one character. Because some parties (like us) don’t have much friends :c

Edit: and what happens if someone DCs? will we end up using GM ress for that? :D

Edited by Plasmapheresis

29 minutes ago, Plasmapheresis said:

So why is dual clienting not allowed? It’s more of a disadvantage to play more classes rather than focusing on one no? If the rewards is the problem, maybe use the same concept on GMC, have that person claim on only one character. Because some parties (like us) don’t have much friends :c

/despDarling, the point of most of our events are to get people together.. though our server allows dual/multi (for many other reasons and convenience) we do not really like to encourage people to play alone or a least not alone for long (why would anyone want that for their players, really?). This is an organized event, there is a schedule, if you cant find people to play with then you really shouldn't stress yourselves there will be other chances but of course we really want to have as much parties as we can to participate. The solution to the problem is within your reason, make friends. :)

Also GMC is automated and has its own process of checking for duals...

• Like 1

Be my friend senpai, and naw this is really short notice like Sinshine mentioned but ey, it is what it is. Thanks for answering. Still wondering about the DC issue though