Sign in to follow this  
braindead

HW Thor03 Solo

I have been playing Hw for about 2y now, and I got some pretty nice gears already. I got a little bored of selling abbey leech to buy new gears, and I was wondering if I could upgrade my leeching spot to something more rentable. So I tried goin thor03 to see how things go. I teamed up with a HP friend first, to check if we could survive it, and we did just fine (with the ocasional wipe when we mob more than 3 guardian). When I tried to solo it, however, things became kinda messy and I couldn't last 15 minutes alive. I know that thor03 dual leech is kinda common, but my friend is not available at the same time as I am, and I heard some people can actually solo thor03 (but I'm starting to think it's just a legend). I could not find any specific tips for thor03, so here I am asking you fellow talonians: how can I manage to survive that nasty volcano?

Gears I have atm:
top LKH
mid [vesper]
bot cold breath
weap SoM [NNN]
shield Valk Shield [Alice]
armor FA [RSX]
shoes Sleip [Eddga]
garment NSFM [Leak]
acc celebration ring
acc celebration ring

tele clip on switch
SQI bonus +15 DEX, Faster Amp cast 

On my runs I use only SL buffs, main problems I run into are
Bow Guardian = ranged dmg high aspd stun atk, a real nightmare x.x
Sonic Blow = high damage and stun chance, it can one shot me if my hp is below 70%
Stun status = no dmg on mobs = death 

I've tried: switching leak garment for devi; balancing my stats to get more vit while still killing sala with one SG; just teleing around until buffs run off (rebuff is very risky, can't make it to safe spot 7/10 tries); having HP slave to get assumptio (assumptio is a real life savior, problem is duration too low)... none of them seem to work to get at least some 80% survival rate, which I find bare minimum to try to start leeching. I'm still about to try dualing another HP to mob and buff because of budget purposes (can't gear 2 char at the same time), and also I don't really want to spend 50m+ gearing a hp just to find out later that there's a chaper alternative, or that even with dual client it's still hard as hell. I heard there is a card which adds a chance to cast pneuma every time you're hit, maybe that would help me against guardians? Maybe I should just bring CWP for every hourly run and charge more for the consumables? Maybe run 97 vit and use stat foods? Get 20% ranged reduction SQI bonus? Give up and go back to abbey? Help =(

Any advice on gears/strategy? I thought maybe you mighty thor leechers could share some of your knowledge with me <3 

• Fsh 1

if you go solo, go solo - forget HP/linker - you would have to park it and tele around like crazy - you wrote it - not a good idea..

guardians are not for solo HW - sword is OK, if he doesnt try to boomerang - but it is better just to wing away - sala is your main target..

sonic is not an issue, because you will not let them come close.. walk if you can - wing if you cant :) 

keep your HP full - use heal or pots

and I use devi if I can 1shot - I would even use +int food, so that I could go devi instead of leak - even if I say, that nothing is supposed to touch you, sometimes it just goes wrong and you dont have the time to switch..

pneuma - acce card from lab - gives 5% chance - nope.. it will shoot you dead before it will proc..

anyways - I think that you will make better solo leech in abbey - just immagine the initial pain of bringing your customer to safe spot...

• No1 1

As @howrah said - abbey is better and much easy for exp, but if you planning some non quest place - thor is ok. I solo it pretty deep, even 3 floor, you just need good reaction for byorgs and bows, there is 1 hint - cast SG and walk back, repeat if needed (for bows). 2nd hint - always have fly wings, even with creamy acc and don't be greedy if you on 3 floor.

Posted (edited)

@braindead I'm used to selling V01 dual acc leeches. The gameplay itself is quite tough and you need both HP and HW well geared so that it goes well. I've trained for like a whole week till I got used to alt+tabbing and spam the correct skills, pneuma my chars or autofollow away from the pneuma to SW myself. 

In regards to your gears I'd recommend swapping your garnment card for a devi (crazy right!? but the 50% neutral reduction actualy helps you to tank more the bow masters and the boomerang spears from the SGs)

One thing I've never tried: park a geared HP at the entrance of v03 and leave it logged out just to ress yourself (the HW) when you die. Soloing on V03 I'd recommend the follow:

- Get GTB shield (You'll be tanking neutral but with increase of other prop attacks, so kasas and salamanders will be able to deal more magic damage)
Btw.: Get the shield but you must also learn the timming to swap in case you encounter any swordies or bowies

- Get used to the "minimum distance" from your storm gust (Kasas deal that AoA attack that I can't recall the name which carries fire damage so u'd get yourself hurt a lot)
(this applies also for the other mobs)

- Get 2 Hellpoodles acc (try making breaks when your hp is low)

- Be faster!!!!! REALLY FAST (as soon as you spot sg or bm spam storm gust immedeately and fall back and re-spam it till you get rid of them)

- TELEPORT (It is now your best friend and always carry some emergency fly wings)

- Don't be too greedy: Mob little! Know your limits because sometimes the mobs you've just killed can respam on your back while you've just casted a storm xD

- JT does no longer part from your arsenal (as you can't spam fast AF with DDD SoM I'd suggest that you only cast Storm also to prevent the mobs from getting too close)

- Last but not least: TRAIN!! You can always sell v01 dual leeches and use the exp you gain to know how could you deal with the v03 mobs. You can try mastering your v03 soloing skills on v01 as you won't lose a lot of time and patience getting back to the right floor xD

Hope I've helped you!! 

Edited by breno94
  • Love 1

Maybe I can add a few things too:

- You can try canceling the AMP animation so you can cast one before your Storm Gust since you got the AMP bonus from SoM.
- Use Quagmire if you can
- Try Swapping an overupped Staff of Piercing while SG is still on for more damage
- When in doubt, fly wing away. In addition to that, maybe its a good idea to invest on that Unlimited Wing (I forgot the proper name) on the Eden Group shop
- If you haven't done so, you can finish Thor 2 Access Quest if you have Bonus Bundle enabled (I haven't done it myself though...)

Posted (edited)

I spend nearly the last 3 Month in Thor3. When u wanna go solo there, just get Mad Dog Bris (Hell Poodle) and use a Deviling Manteau (in my case Diabolos Mant). Then u just have to use Meat. And thats it. I think you know how to keep the right distances from the enemies there. 

And you dont need another Shield then Alice there, because there are only Bossmonsters. 

Edited by Nerfact
add

My suggestion is simple. Try to make friends with other players of the same timezone as you. You already tried playing duo with your friend so you know that it works. Thor volcano isn't meant to be played solo. There's a reason why this game is multiplayer. This is the easiest solution.

If you really want to solo there, invest on ranked slim white potions for regen and carry ygg seeds for emergency healing. Don't just depend on kaahi. Get more vit. Eat dex+5 food. Do the repeatable strange hydra quest for a free dex+5 and vit+5 buff.

• No1 1

he is right. the best is  find a Hp who can support you there. HW & HP is enough with a Pally even better. Thats enough so far. 

Thanks to all for the replies you are really helpful <3

I will be doing a little more testing this week, but I think I will just stick to abbey leech, thor's is too much trouble for little profit. I switched garment to devi and tweaked my stats a bit to get more vit, and it really increased overall survival rate. I believe however, that finding a hp friend is really the easiest solution. I might try to solo again when I get those super expensive hell poodle bris, right now I just own 2 regular hell poodle acc, and I can't reach IC without bless with them. With my current build I'm good enough for farming purposes, but for leeching I will probably need a geared hp, even if I dual.

This strange hydra quest, it lasts for 20 min, iRO wiki says it has a 24h cooldown, is the CD tweaked on Talon?

I would actually not go with poodles - with devi, you will survive "wave" of monsters and will have enough time to heal yourself with vitata - or you can switch to poodles and pot up the hp after each fight - but I like vitata because of weight issues..

try asking on @recruit for HP to thors - they actually like it there (maybe because of challenge) - you can meet some really awesome HPs this way - I even met random solo HP in f3 (dunno what he did there - I wanted to see if I can find byrog), we teamed up and it has been one of the best runs ever :D FS HPs like it there :) 

I'm no particular fan of vitata card, heal lvl 1 with my int (150 w/o bless with current build) heals only about 370 hp. On floor 1 is okay to wait each wave to heal, but on floor 3 the guardians spawn is high, it's not uncommon to have 2 or 3 of them each wave. Sadly I only have about 9500 hp and can only endure 2 spear boomerang with devi, which means my hp must be nearly full at all times. This also makes switching to hell poodle to heal not viable.

But again, I'm asking all this for leeching purposes, all of these strategies are totally viable for solo farming. What I'm looking for is that legendary 300m xp/h I heard about, is it even possible as solo leecher (no dual client)?

to make it efficient, devilling with hell poddle is the best. you can mobb much monsters and kill them + heal yourself. fast and efficient. 

This topic discussion makes me want to take my 99 HW and dual client my HP to Thor3. I wonder if my alt tab skills can do it.

@braindead I second the hell poodle bris idea too, you want to be able to replenish your health on your own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, braindead said:

But again, I'm asking all this for leeching purposes, all of these strategies are totally viable for solo farming. What I'm looking for is that legendary 300m xp/h I heard about, is it even possible as solo leecher (no dual client)?

afaik all these high exp leeches are done with active HP outside party...

just like SG DG leech is best when SG teams up with HP outside party..

11 hours ago, Mosjoandy said:

I second the hell poodle bris idea too, you want to be able to replenish your health on your own.

RIP my wallet

I think this means back to abbey for a few weeks /heh

13 hours ago, Mosjoandy said:

I wonder if my alt tab skills can do it.

lol.. I'm sure they do xD 

Change 1 SQI bonus to -20 range and use alice shield+devilling garment. And Orc Hero mid is also must have.

^ Only if you have ping close to connection lost, very slow reaction and totally don't know how to position your character.

18 minutes ago, Azgrim said:

^ Only if you have ping close to connection lost, very slow reaction and totally don't know how to position your character.

That's all about me. How did you know?

If you truly want to sell thor3 solo leech, I can't really recommend using hell poodle. Use Sting Bris for the extra def + stat points over celebs, and CWP to keep yourself alive. You can also play around with the SoM bonuses, get range reduction, max HP, or even both to help yourself keep alive.