Sign in to follow this  
heresnatan

PvM Clown

Hello over there,

Im from iRO. I've decided to find another server after the EU shutt down (they are kicking Eu players right now).

So i liked this server and I'm trying right now XD.

I usually only play Bard classes, so I want to know whats the best gear over there to be a PvM clown.

What should I gear, whats ur advice?

Thank you 

Posted (edited)

you might wanna read this

https://talonro.com/server-information/

Braggi was nerfed, so most people are hesitant on bringing a clown into their party

It's still viable but you need to find yourself a group, as randoms won't accept you in end game content

I suggest you do some research on forum, there are a few topics that talk about clown gear

Edited by s4w

Posted (edited)

ty.. can u link me any good and recent guide?
i want to try AV clown

Edited by heresnatan

Posted (edited)

Dang, saw, don't discourage people to bards...

Clowns are fine, even great if used properly. For example this optimum int guide. Also clowns are  more than useful at PvP or WoE, where  they don't suffer from cooldown-penalty and i won't comment how i hate snixes who hide their bards at the corner of arena and play hide&seek. Also if bragi is combined with another non-META skill (prepare for forgotten name), Meteor Storm it can make wonders.screenTalonRO102.thumb.jpg.8fbe51157b34db4589b5a0a9971332fe.jpg

Edited by Rafek
coz...i wanted to edit

Well, it's the way i like to play, but AV build is still nice, especially with Electric Guitar and some nice carding!
Actually you might consider playing Musical Strike build since SQI boosts it and it can be spamable

Actually you might consider playing Musical Strike build 

And you can spam it with songs going (can't remember if you can with arrow Vulcan, haven't played clown in a while). 

Musical strike can be used while playing a song.  There are 2 sqi bonuses for electric guitar that increase the damage of musical strike. It is very powerful.  Also because clowns are not affected by their own songs, they suffer no damage penalty pvm.

*bragi the snipers... steal the gmc mvp* 

• Heh 1
  • No1 1
  • Omg 1

Musical strike can be used while playing a song.  There are 2 sqi bonuses for electric guitar that increase the damage of musical strike. It is very powerful.  Also because clowns are not affected by their own songs, they suffer no damage penalty pvm.

It seems like clown are too useless on this server... i got mine electric guitar and some stuffs and seems like im way low average damage and useless :(

2SQI bonuses?

wich penalty u're talking? 

oh.. rental guitar seems the same as an electric guitar with 3 tg :(

Posted (edited)

oh.. rental guitar seems the same as an electric guitar with 3 tg :(

With 35% musical strike and 20% long range damage bonus, you should definitely see more damage from EG [3xTG]. Not to mention +5 Dex and another +10 dex from bonus.

As said before, research on the forums and you should be able to figure out an Electric Guitar build that does 1/2 to 3/4 of sniper's DPS. Combine with songs (especially gypsy duet) for more party value. And you can do all of that wearing a GTB.

Edited by Eitr721
  • No1 1

Posted (edited)

I threw this together in a minute or two:
https://bit.ly/2IIVx2Y

35k DPS on VR isn't anything to scoff at.

Yes, you are doing only about 60% of a sniper's DPS, but you give the front HP's and Paladin poem of bragi. (spam lex aterna all day)

And you can do all of that wearing a GTB.

Oh and this is why you can stand in the front lines and spam musical strike.

Edited by Mosjoandy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • No1 1

It seems like clown are too useless on this server... i got mine electric guitar and some stuffs and seems like im way low average damage and useless :(

2SQI bonuses?

its a trap.. and you fell for it :D

no really - you need to read something about the issue, about SQI and such before you jump into conclusion..

clown is far from useless if you know how to play and your party knows what to do.. the main role is not DPS, but that does not mean, that it is useless or that it can not dish out noticable dmg.. check on what the others told you...

its a trap.. and you fell for it :D

no really - you need to read something about the issue, about SQI and such before you jump into conclusion..

clown is far from useless if you know how to play and your party knows what to do.. the main role is not DPS, but that does not mean, that it is useless or that it can not dish out noticable dmg.. check on what the others told you...

ty

Which 4 do you reccomend?

• 20% HP
  •  
  • Enables use of Jupiter Thunder Level 3.
  •  
  • 10 DEX
  • 10 VIT
  •  
  • 20% more with Long Range attacks.
  • 35% more damage with Musical Strike.

I would go: 10 INT, 10 DEX, 20% more with Long Range attacks, 10 VIT/20%HP (one of these)

this really depends on the way how you play and also, what you expect to do with your clown and also on your build/equips.. all the bonuses are good for something..

it is.. all the bonuses are relevant, but each of them suits different playstyle and different needs..

it is up to you to decide which way will you go..

JT is nice, but it is a spell, so you need high int if you want to make dmg (if you want only the push back effect, you dont need a lot)

if you want dmg using JT, you will have to sacrifice some other stat and yet, you will never be even close to wiz.. if you want just the push back effect, I would rather go for Chello or something like that - you know, more Bard-ish.. thats why we did not put JT into the choice of 4 :)

so far, we suggest:

the main stats - DEX and INT - both helping you with songs and DEX helping with dmg..

20% ranged dmg - because you seem to be after dmg and because it is nice to 1 shot things :) - this will "replace" 1 dmg card...

thats all we agreed on - now, we have different ideas, because we would play in a different way..

• Love 1

it is.. all the bonuses are relevant, but each of them suits different playstyle and different needs..

it is up to you to decide which way will you go..

JT is nice, but it is a spell, so you need high int if you want to make dmg (if you want only the push back effect, you dont need a lot)

if you want dmg using JT, you will have to sacrifice some other stat and yet, you will never be even close to wiz.. if you want just the push back effect, I would rather go for Chello or something like that - you know, more Bard-ish.. thats why we did not put JT into the choice of 4 :)

so far, we suggest:

the main stats - DEX and INT - both helping you with songs and DEX helping with dmg..

20% ranged dmg - because you seem to be after dmg and because it is nice to 1 shot things :) - this will "replace" 1 dmg card...

thats all we agreed on - now, we have different ideas, because we would play in a different way..

I really like clowns. Btw, i think hey should increase AV SQI damage instead putting melody strike. This skill is so meh.. horrible while av its a nice skill with beautiful animation.

I knew some people who said that's leaving this server because they can't play with their clowns =/ well, since i came form renewal, I will enjoy again my fav skill in-game.

Do you know any good place to farm with a 95+ clown with SQI?

Arrow Vulcan is a cool skill and seems awesome, but the non-aspd delay really hurts it in terms of dps. It's also clown only, so you can't get the bonus as a bard. Finally, playing music while hitting is awesome. I really like the musical strike bonus for mvp and end game pvm. 

You can also play with the different options as your learn more about the server and your role in pvm. So far you've seen pure dps, bragi int/dps. You can also go vit bard for survivability and immunity to stun/etc. 

Basically, play with the calc and look at builds for other classes to understand things. 

As for 95+ clown, try anywhere that you can 1 hit AV. You won't be going places snipers normally would (no sharp shoot) but you can still 1 shot a lot of things. 

when you have some time, check the forums and search for various clown/gypsy builds.. I think that you will be surprised, what is possible here - MS is not a joke..

AV - just like Eitr mentioned - the delay is the issue, so some people rather focus on musical strike - and apparently, it works.. AV itself is a strong burst dmg skill and GM teams is after ballance - honestly - clown should not have best dps, so I think that it is OK.. it is more of a support char, so it is better to have some bonus that goes towards this..

if you want to lvl up fast, get a party and go with them.. just make sure,. that you all know what you are doing - there is a lot of people, who believe, that poem is nerfed and that it will be bad for them - avoid these people and play for these, who will appreciate it.. if you are more of a solo person, pick something that you can 1shot and that will give you some income - not only exp :)

when you have some time, check the forums and search for various clown/gypsy builds.. I think that you will be surprised, what is possible here - MS is not a joke..

AV - just like Eitr mentioned - the delay is the issue, so some people rather focus on musical strike - and apparently, it works.. AV itself is a strong burst dmg skill and GM teams is after ballance - honestly - clown should not have best dps, so I think that it is OK.. it is more of a support char, so it is better to have some bonus that goes towards this..

if you want to lvl up fast, get a party and go with them.. just make sure,. that you all know what you are doing - there is a lot of people, who believe, that poem is nerfed and that it will be bad for them - avoid these people and play for these, who will appreciate it.. if you are more of a solo person, pick something that you can 1shot and that will give you some income - not only exp :)

Thank you for your help. I apreciate It. 

i already got some gears, and got yesterday my SQi bonuses and  seems like AV its not better than MS too kill, unless u re One hit... T.T.
whats the difference to improve AV a little instead improve MS?

The difference its that AV should be the main skill (and also that's the fav skill for a lot of ppl *.*), so with a good bonuses for that skill, it might be amazing.

Nah, clowns can be supportive or offensive and if we ask for a change It might be great (increase the av SQI bonus to make the same damage or a little better than melody strike with bonus. That's enough for me XD)..

That's my fight over there XD... Actually in iRO the performers classes can fight too, but only in 2017 gravity re-make new cards and gears for clowns.. So,  

there will be revamp of SQI anyways...

and dont get me wrong - any char can be dmg dealer - we have some battlepriests here and one day, I will make melee wiz :)

• Fsh 1

there will be revamp of SQI anyways...

and dont get me wrong - any char can be dmg dealer - we have some battlepriests here and one day, I will make melee wiz :)

Where can i read any sneak peek about the announce of a revamp XD?

BTW: 35k with musical strike it's = 105k 3s

AV (max damage) = 40k 3s

Maybe with a revamp they decrease this gap to make clowns good for party as a killer in high-end game....

Last week i met 2 gypsies, so, we were like 3 AV's XD

Edited by heresnatan

I threw this together in a minute or two:
https://bit.ly/2IIVx2Y

35k DPS on VR isn't anything to scoff at.

Yes, you are doing only about 60% of a sniper's DPS, but you give the front HP's and Paladin poem of bragi. (spam lex aterna all day)

Oh and this is why you can stand in the front lines and spam musical strike.

isn't better a darklord combo or lady tanee to sleipinir instead GEC?

My beggining over there ^_^

Edited by heresnatan