Sign in to follow this  
SolidPhoeniX

Any oldschool players?

player in TRO mostly is oldschool player even its from other server ahahah :D
i play RO first time when they announch the update "city of love"  first time RO add wedding system and amatsu map

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 9:14 AM, SolidPhoeniX said:

Hello

I was wondering if there are any oldschool players who still play? It must've been 8 years or something since I last played.

It's been exact 8 years since i have stopped playing RO!

Found out about TalonRO and am now thinking about coming back! Any regards on the community?

Edited by Matcrs

On 7/5/2018 at 12:04 PM, Values said:

I started on ProjectRO (10/10/10?) and moved to XaosRO (3/3/3). I came to TalonRO when XaosRO was shut down, and I've been here ever since.

Good old XaosRO.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, Matcrs said:

It's been exact 8 years since i have stopped playing RO!

Found out about TalonRO and am now thinking about coming back! Any regards on the community?

This community is amazing, find a lovely guild and get ROing

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, DatRaph said:

Good old XaosRO.

Yeah. XaosRO was really great. I loved that place.

There are certain things I love about tRO and certain things I loved about XaosRO. I like the MVP card system we've got here, but I wish there were more stuff like the Maya Purple Card. Back in XaosRO, I found a Phreeoni Card at one point and was able to sell it for like 150m to -- I think his name was Kaiser -- he was an LK/one of the richest dudes on the server and the leader of the main WoE guild. That's on a server where Raydric cards were ~20m and you were rich if you had half of that.

I always wish tRO had some kind of balance with MVP cards, like naturally-found MVP cards being allowed in Vanilla WoE to actually give the real Vanilla experience where you'd OCCASIONALLY run into that God among men, or naturally-found MVP cards being their pre-tRO changed versions (esp. with regards to RSX).

But that's all in the past now. No other server compares to tRO anymore, so you take the bad with the good (and there's far more good). Good to see another ex-Xaos'er here.

Edited by Values
  • No1 1

Oldschool players... I remember the time when there were no second classes. And killing the Baphomet by 1st class players was en epic adventure.

• No1 2

Starting in 2003 was really fun - dial up internet, no guides, no community, x1 rates, many mistakes in builds... But exploring was > all =3

Hiya, 

just joined this server. I started my RO *ehem* journey in around Juno patch and my last log in to a server was about 5 years ago :3

I jumped around private servers. Tried some low rate, mid rate, and got spoiled by some high rate servers as well lol. looking forward to go back to the grind xD

• No1 1

On 8/8/2018 at 5:46 AM, KimWithAVee said:

Hiya, 

just joined this server. I started my RO *ehem* journey in around Juno patch and my last log in to a server was about 5 years ago :3

I jumped around private servers. Tried some low rate, mid rate, and got spoiled by some high rate servers as well lol. looking forward to go back to the grind xD

I feel you! My earliest memory of RO was it having no trans classes and the main mode of transport were Kafras, and paid memo'd maps (and getting scammed by priests /sob), haha! I've found a warm home here at TalonRO though, and I hope you do too!

Welcome to the server, see you in game!

• Heh 1

On 5/18/2018 at 3:14 PM, SolidPhoeniX said:

Hello

I was wondering if there are any oldschool players who still play? It must've been 8 years or something since I last played.

Did you quit again? :D 

OMG, how I miss  TalonRo so much. im downloading this game again tonight after 2 or 3 years. I wonder if my characters and items are still there.  im hoping the TalonRo community is as friendly  as before. I feel so excited that I can play Ragnarok again. :lol:

• Like 1