Sign in to follow this  
jhyzone

Autocaster/Melee/ Battle Professor Survivability

Hey folks,

I have a level 88 Professor and I am trying to train at Ice Dungeon 3. I understand that I would need to quadruple client to be able to play this effectively.

My main concern is where shall I keep my other 3 characters (Priest, 2 Soul Linkers) on standby - I've tried leaving them and logging out the characters by the portal to the Ice Dungeon 3 but then there are other monsters that spawn in that area that kills my support characters. Is there any way to do this?

Also, is there any other place I can level up/farm with my current equipment and build?

https://calc.talonro.com/?_w43Ci0sKwoAgAERPFcKuXWUQVEd4U1ZgBQV5w77DlMOoDj3CmMOPYmbCpMKWwqVHalHDssKIw64dwo4TBgrDnsOwwrEGwpjCjCpvfQfDm8KVw5TDiMONacKbVVjDnlAIw59Jw7kYc3PDvMKHBw

Thanks in advance.

You could consider marrying one of your linkers, that way you won't need to load up an extra client. Unfortunately there isn't really a safe place in ID3, so you're better off just parking your slaves at the entrance.

If you put your linker diagonal to your Priest, monsters should see that first and if you have kaahi up, you'll have plenty time to get back and clear the entrance.

What I used to do on official, was equip my HP with a Demon Pungus carded armor, so that when anything did spawn on me, it would get put to sleep and I'd have enough time to move to the entrance and kill whatever was attacking.

Edited by Mines

On 8/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, Mines said:

You could consider marrying one of your linkers, that way you won't need to load up an extra client. Unfortunately there isn't really a safe place in ID3, so you're better off just parking your slaves at the entrance.

If you put your linker diagonal to your Priest, monsters should see that first and if you have kaahi up, you'll have plenty time to get back and clear the entrance.

What I used to do on official, was equip my HP with a Demon Pungus carded armor, so that when anything did spawn on me, it would get put to sleep and I'd have enough time to move to the entrance and kill whatever was attacking.

Thank you for your reply @Mines, greatly appreciated. I married my SL to my Professor which helped greatly.

My Professor is now level 96/60 and exp is getting slow at Ice Dungeon 3. I was wondering if i could level at Thor1 or Abbey. Is there any where else you recommend I can level up to 99/70?

I thought about if I go Thor1 what equipment will I need? And affordable ones would be great.

If I go Abbey, I do not want to do the Abbey Quest again for my SL (unless the Ka- buffs are absolutely necessary to help survive in Abbey). Also what equipment would be needed to thrive in Abbey?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, elijahsp said:

Try watching this

Could you please help me identify the equip and cards he is wearing?

Top Headgear: (Not sure if this LKH has a card in it)

Middle: Mini Glasses [Vesper]

Bottom Headgear: PCB

Weapon: +7 Book of the Dead (I assume with 2x Doppelganger cards?)

Armor: Lucius Fire Armor [RSX]

Shield: Valkyrie Shield [Maya Card], I saw in the video that he has another Shield which is a Reflect Guard, i wonder why he has 2 shields?

Garment: Diablos Manteau with Deviling

Shoes: Sleip with GEC

Accessory: 2x Celebration rings

I am level 97/63, will it be worth investing in these gears or is there any other cheaper way of getting to 99/70 without these gears?

Edited by jhyzone

LKH no card, Valk Shield with Alice card. The others seems correct. You don't need all of them, deviling helps a lot at thor because their neutral attack hurts (like sword guardian spear boom) and fire armor. Vesper is needed since kasa has high mdef. The others are optional? Well, thor is more efficient with staff of piercing so auto-cast prof is not working that well?

Bathory is needed for necro hunt.

Here are the equipment that will increase your dps greatly for now: another doppel, imp / siroma / miming card. Then, there's overup book of death (or just sqi), agav card when armor slot is free, alchemy glove (with imp). You may want to search good shield card, like hodremlin, alice, tirfing / teddy bear (great for necro map). You also may increase your dex a little bit (personally, I will put up to 20 base dex) if that adds 1 more aspd.

Other maps, I think, probably new world stuff? splendide, manuk, el dicastes, and mora. But I am not sure what's great setup for them. Would also recommend to focus on profitable maps instead of pure leveling, though I am not sure where.

Edited by kolela

funny way to make the leveling super awkward, and with all these super high end gears i'd rather do something else

nevertheless, siroma/imp cards even on clips are far better than celebs rings if you are spamming bolts
he swapped shield w maya just to cast guard then back to valk with alice I guess, the magic reflect in thor is useless.

I'm quite newb on this server yet, but if you want to levelup faster in ice3, on budget, on a much faster way, just pick up a pally (or even a crusader) with marc, raydric, penomena card and some pots, provoke all the shit of one side of the map, go back to your proff with all the deathball, and just spam thunderstorm, easy game.

if you think your support characters are dying too much you can always put a smokie+pet on them (gazetis will see through hide/cloak afaik).
my 2 cents

1 minute ago, .Ren said:

funny way to make the leveling super awkward, and with all these super high end gears i'd rather do something else

nevertheless, siroma/imp cards even on clips are far better than celebs rings if you are spamming bolts
he swapped shield w maya just to cast guard then back to valk with alice I guess, the magic reflect in thor is useless.

I'm quite newb on this server yet, but if you want to levelup faster in ice3, on budget, on a much faster way, just pick up a pally (or even a crusader) with marc, raydric, penomena card and some pots, provoke all the shit of one side of the map, go back to your proff with all the deathball, and just spam thunderstorm, easy game.

if you think your support characters are dying too much you can always put a smokie+pet on them (gazetis will see through hide/cloak afaik).
my 2 cents

Thank you for your reply @.Ren.

Do you think I can get to 99/70 at ICE3? My Support characters do not die at the entrance to ICE3 anymore, I found a technique to keep them alive xD

I mean you can get to 99 anywhere, isn't the quickest but whatever,

With the gear that i'm supposing you're getting, I think its faster to grind necromancers with firebolt (+doublecasting +2x imps) after bragi and forget the sluggish combat sage build, but I guess its up to you.  You don't even need tanking items, just put safetywall/wof and you're gonna be fine with cheap stuff there too.

First of all, the thread is for an autocast build prof. Why suggest do something else? If we are looking for efficient leveling then DG leech is the way to go but that isn't the point of playing.

Ice dungeon is quite safe but really slow. Thor gives better exp with more risk but at least you won't get killed in 1 shot by sword guardians with alice, asaump and energy coat. Just be quick with fly wings. I won't recommend abbey as it is too deep to be bringing your buffers. It's worth investing in the armors as they have quite good use in general. As for weapon, that depends if you really like an autocast prof. Maya shield is optional. Just don't mob.

11 hours ago, elijahsp said:

First of all, the thread is for an autocast build prof. Why suggest do something else? If we are looking for efficient leveling then DG leech is the way to go but that isn't the point of playing.

Ice dungeon is quite safe but really slow. Thor gives better exp with more risk but at least you won't get killed in 1 shot by sword guardians with alice, asaump and energy coat. Just be quick with fly wings. I won't recommend abbey as it is too deep to be bringing your buffers. It's worth investing in the armors as they have quite good use in general. As for weapon, that depends if you really like an autocast prof. Maya shield is optional. Just don't mob.

Will this setup be good? https://calc.talonro.com/?_S050T8OySkpOTErDjE3DsklMAsOhw5LDnMOEw4TDrMKyw5TDhEAgBMKCwpzDrMOEwpTCkEQww4jDiE5MLHVJN0x1w4wKTQ9PS00vT8OLTsKPKinDjzACw6HDhMOEw5TDlMOEdMKIw4rCpMOsbAgjw5EIw4TDiMOwBDE9ElFAQMOiAAIA (Btw, I don't know how to calculate the damage to Kasa for example using this Calculator)

I need your guys opinion before I go buy these items. Thanks.

Try to find an overupped book of the dead, maybe +7 or something like that, since it will give more aspd.

Invest on Tome of Ymir carded with Doppels and Phreeoni and with bonuses

• 10% MATK
  • Ignore Gemstone Requirement.
  • 20% HP
  • 13% ASPD
  • Like 1

For the items - I would maybe just switch devi to Nox or Leak or something - having devi only while walking/expecting spiral

4leaf clover in mouth/PCB   (4leaf is not expensive)

some more ideas for you - prof can do a lot :) - but just like @elijahsp mentioned, it may be a bit difficult to get the buffers there

On 12/3/2015 at 5:07 PM, Crothen said:

Being a prof that can solo effectively at places like abbey or thor requires some really good gear. Id say start out as wizard to see if you like it and to see if you could stand leveling using only firebolt, before you make the choice to trans to HW or Professor

On 7/28/2015 at 1:50 AM, jlmath said:

With foods and proper equips, hybrid bolter-battle can do great. Vid from an official server. (spider web + elemental change earth + fb double cast)

5 hours ago, Shendel said:

Invest on Tome of Ymir carded with Doppels and Phreeoni and with bonuses

why phreeoni?

10 minutes ago, howrah said:

why phreeoni?

So he can hit mobs with high flee and instead of using stat points on dex, he can just use it on vit then some str or luk.

Edit:

I just read about the skill and it seems like it does cast even when it misses. Hmm... even more reason for me to consider making a sage. /heh 

In that case, a drake card would be more ideal in case he also wants to switch build and play a water baller prof. /fsh 

Edited by Shendel
  • No1 1

20 minutes ago, Shendel said:

I just read about the skill and it seems like it does cast even when it misses. Hmm... even more reason for me to consider making a sage. /heh

exactly - thats why I wondered - I even checked on his str, to see if it was not ment for melee dmg :)

This is actually awesome trick for low lvl sages - have water endow and go siromas - you will never hit them, so they will never attack you - the bolts will rain though - this saves a lot of meat :)

• No1 1

15 hours ago, howrah said:

For the items - I would maybe just switch devi to Nox or Leak or something - having devi only while walking/expecting spiral

4leaf clover in mouth/PCB   (4leaf is not expensive)

some more ideas for you - prof can do a lot :) - but just like @elijahsp mentioned, it may be a bit difficult to get the buffers there

why phreeoni?

Thank you @howrah

This is my current set up:

https://calc.talonro.com/?_w4XDi0sKwoAwDATDkDPDmRsIwoIfXCgowoLCu8KJwrYpw4bDrsKsXsOfRlfCnsOAFwZmMVlQUkMLCMKBWsKQJgZATsKPPl3CssKLXQc8wrwAwrHDoMOMw6bDm8OIwpPCs3w5w6HDucK4wrzDkcOYBMKsOwcSeV9gwrTDuFprwoXCjw4/wroB

With full buffs and Link, except Assumptio (I only have a Priest) I keep dying in Thor. I tried not to mob and only kill 1 kasa per time but my HP was halved by the time I kill one Kasa. Check my stat build also please, do I need to invest in more agi?

Which would be better to buy Noxious or Leak card? Does it matter which garment i slot the card into?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to be able to survive and Solo Thor 1. Thank you in advance.

Edited by jhyzone

11 hours ago, jhyzone said:

Thank you @howrah

This is my current set up:

https://calc.talonro.com/?_w4XDi0sKwoAwDATDkDPDmRsIwoIfXCgowoLCu8KJwrYpw4bDrsKsXsOfRlfCnsOAFwZmMVlQUkMLCMKBWsKQJgZATsKPPl3CssKLXQc8wrwAwrHDoMOMw6bDm8OIwpPCs3w5w6HDucK4wrzDkcOYBMKsOwcSeV9gwrTDuFprwoXCjw4/wroB

With full buffs and Link, except Assumptio (I only have a Priest) I keep dying in Thor. I tried not to mob and only kill 1 kasa per time but my HP was halved by the time I kill one Kasa. Check my stat build also please, do I need to invest in more agi?

Which would be better to buy Noxious or Leak card? Does it matter which garment i slot the card into?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to be able to survive and Solo Thor 1. Thank you in advance.

do you know why do you die? what cost you most of your HPs?

it can be fire skills on deviling - in that case, I would switch to something else. naght seiger flame mant should be good for thor - I would rather go for leak because of the additional int

it can be normal hits or spiral - in that case, dont get rid of deviling and get your priest to HP for asump, diablos mant would be good for this - also - do you use EC? with full sp? that should help a lot..

on the video, you can see, that he is using KA buffs and also he has Guard - even if it comes only from Maya, it is 10% chance to block..

you can also try to experiment with WoF, but I think that the asump will help - oh and also - def..

I would also say 190 aspd > 99 base vit. You don't really need 99 base stat if you already reach the break point / bonus. Also, your total int isn't in multiple of 5 or 7 that you may also lower 1 or 2 stat point. I was thinking something as silly as garment switch when fighting kasa, there're 2 skills hurt the most, spiral and fire breath, you will notice when kasa cast either of these since it's slow casting one. Switch deviling for incoming spiral, switch other for fire breath. Personally, I rather default deviling because of random spear boomerang from sword guardian. (well, unless it only tickles you)

Edited by kolela

try this set up.
https://calc.talonro.com/?_w4XDi0EOwoJADMKFw6Ezw4kNTBDChcK4ECNhw70XZzpQw5wJXMOfDsKuPMKBX8OTwpfCpmkHw47DksOIw4DDhF0qRE7DiMOyAlsTwq3Cl8KbLTwfw6zCksOBUsOqIRzCp07Duxh0wovCpsOXw7fClsKKw5zDgcKhw5FvImLCtn/CjBR5SDXCiMKvwrNvw4LChR83w77DqAM
fire element skills of kasa shouldn't hurt since you're wearing rsx and fa. ditch gec and get LT footgear. Helps a lot. If you have nsfm[leak] much better. I personally use book of charms instead of valk shield as it saves me a ton when i get mobbed due to its stun effect. and always always cast WOF on yourself when in battle. Would've been better if you have sqi, SW will save you a lot.