Sign in to follow this  
undecided

Need advise for hw

So after 2 months of playing talonro. I have decided to focus on one char. Ive been farming the whole time and it seems that im becoming a slave in geffenia, sleepers and mavkas.

Lately ive been farming with my sinx at geffenia, and yeah i can do atleast 2.5m-3.5m per hour. Its pretty decent i think, but i felt tired and i want to explore more of talonro.

So i decided to sell some of my equips to gain some equips for hw. I also deleted my sniper 99 and other chars and created a wiz. 

Right nw im lvl 84 wiz and here are my equips:

Lkh

Missy mid

Pcb

SOM necro, necro with + 10dex sqi bonus

Gec sandals

Bathory armor

Gtb shield

2 sting gloves

Im IC already. And currently lvling at pyramids and looting immortal hearts.

Im planning to focus lvling first to max lvl.

But...........

After that i dont know what to do next.

I want to know if where can i actually farm too, im not really looking for a vast amount of zeny but as long as i am earning a decent amout that would be fine.

And also i would like to try ET, GMC, woe and other events with this char.

Im not sure if i made the right decision or should i really make a dedicated farmer to earn decently.

But honestly i want to stick with this wiz since i find it fun to play with, and the skills for me are allrounder.

Hopefully some tips on what to do after im done maxing my lvl.

Thank you in advance.

Explore the maps / instances you haven't been there before. One of the easy methods would be browsing through the list warp girl offers. And figure out how to survive / farm effectively there for at least a day. There's merit on not following what most people told you to do and experiencing yourself. You may want to switch around staff of piercing for higher mdef monsters while casting magic. I would keep my characters if i were you though, cause i know i will play it someday. And, really, that's 2 months of real hard work.

Thanks for the reply. 

I ddnt know about staff of piercing lol.

But if i switch i might not able to do IC.

But well exploring warp girl is in fact a great idea. Never thought of that one.

Ill probably try that. I might explore places with good drops.

Thank you very much. This is making me more excited.

I should explain better, this way... so you keep IC, SoM > Storm Gust > (while Storm Gust active) Staff of Piercing > use SoM again to recast Storm Gust.

Also, wanted to say try not depend on only one skill like storm gust 24/7. But kinda hard to resist that. :x

ill try to have that staff of piercing soon, but right now i exchanged my missy to high wiz card, i think ill be needing more damage for normal monster as of this time. and also 

traded my gtb shield to deviling garment. so far i can stay longer in a place since im receiving little damage from mobs. And now im exploring rachel, its first time to farm here. and its kinda exciting.

im also planning to go at abbyss lake, since tamtam region is currently there. but im not sure if a wizard class can handle it there.

HW card is not so good, better get ESL and reach next mAtk break - it would be better in most situation. GTB shield is top1 sheild in solo, deviling is good for starters (or vs ranged phisically damage) but with time you more concern on quaq, walls (safety and ice) and learn how to not recive damage in melee.

For abyss lake you want high int (160+) and good def - not so good place for wiz.

I recommend you to read most popular topics here (especially comments) - there is a lot of useful information.

• No1 1

abbys lake is not great place for wiz.. 

back to start of the topic:

if you dont enjoy your farmer and it feels like "must do" - or as you call it "I am slave" - it is really best to quit that char - so you did it right... you play a game and you are supposed to have fun..

missi - yes, exchange it - also PCB - get some matk item (4leafclover in mouth is fine)

next, you want to focus on items that you will use as HW - check the gear progression guide and stand alone complex guide and see what items you may want - you can start hunting books of charm... next could be armour cards... you can also run around dungs, mining stones for armour enchants - you will meet a lot of various monsters..  this should take some time and should get you to different places..

now, about farming - HW is low str char, so it is not really made for raw zeny farming - but it has great killing potential, so if you can get HP friend, you can go pretty much anywhere - hunting rare items, leeching, killing MvPs..

you made perfect choice - HW is the main char in whole RO world - every other job is here just to assist HW or to counter HW /no1

• No1 1

thanks for all the reply, i can really feel i made the right decision. About the sop, ill try to see if i can work on that, but i just feel having IC all the time is easier, i doesnt bother me to cast 3-4 times just to kill the mob, i mean with IC i can focus more on killing the mobs and not focus on avoiding them first and kill them. but i appreciate the tip and ill probably try it. 

and also about the PCB, so i just better sell it and buy 4leaf in mouth? its a g.pipe bell tho it looks cool. xD

11 minutes ago, Quail Egg said:

and also about the PCB, so i just better sell it and buy 4leaf in mouth? its a g.pipe bell tho it looks cool. xD

I prefer rainbow scarf for 1 Int, 1% mAtk is good though, 4leaf clover is just cheaper.