Sign in to follow this  
Shiek

Knight again - After 12 years absence

Hi all,

To be fair, I cant even remember when I played RO for the last time, must be 12 years ago, right after the 3rd classes were implemented. While thinking about RO every now and then in the last years, I decided to simply install it again and spend some time with this amazing game. TalonRO was my choice eventually and after playing here fore a couple of days am a little stuck how to proceed considering all features I have forgotten, missed or are different on this server. :) The fun with grinding is still here but I also dont wanna waste my time or spend my (not existing) money on worthless equipment. Thats why I decided to reach out to you guys, hoping you can help me out with different questions that pop up while playing.

Generally I am focusing on PVM. Playing a classic Spear-Knight at the moment (85/46) with Pierce and Brandish Spear. With the loot I sold I was able to afford a Wind Lance, so now I am spending most of my time in Bibilan lv4, mobbing and searching for Marc Cards. Super late I understood that there is this Eden Group, but I managed now to get the Garment, Shoes, Armor. And this is basically all the equipment I have plus a cheap Bone Helm and Iron Cain 😎 

Back then I would invest into a Pike with Orc Lady & Hydra cards + Endow to One-Pierce High Orcs until 99. Plus all the other equipment you would need for it, meaning Shield and Manteau with the respective cards. Maybe PooPoo Hat, Evil Wing Ears, Ring + Mantis. Don't nail me down, it's been a while... 
I believe my build was smth like that, but somehow I cant figure out how I reached 120 STR with 96 base STR: 
https://calc.talonro.com/?_w43CjEEKwoAwEAPDv8KkfkFRUMOvPcOOwpbDnWorVBDDv2/Ciz7DgsKBwoQcwpJ4NsKZcTIRw6XCoiEgwqrCgEt8GMO4w77CjcO+woIQw6FOw5rDimFBTsOLw5rDmSBrVSlEw7bDolpeQHLCvcOQwqUOR8O+w4MD

I just have no idea if I am really on the right way. I see a lot of equipment in the shops I have never seen before. Maybe I should switch to Bowling Bash and don't use Pikes at all? Any useful NPCs on this server (e.g. to unslot items)? I know, there are a lot of guides out there but I would rather prefer a conversation with you here in this thread than going through some guides.

So, what would you recommend to someone that is playing Knight again after 12 years? /thx

Edited by Shiek

Hi :)

if you like pierce, keep going - HO pierce is my favourite - with earth deleter, you never run out of SP..

https://calc.talonro.com/?_w43CizsOwoAgFARPwqcxamFnKMOnISDCn8O4KcKMw7HDtgpcw4JJdjPDhcKuZsKVESUDw4Isw7fDl8OSGkBFU2BLAcOdUMKIExgNV0zDmj7DlsOJYXfCsGfDjUfDgMOnGQ4kw5YPw6LCsy19w7bCjsO/w7AC

BB is very favourite on this server - I think, it is because of the versatility..

back to your questions:

equips - weapon should be first - manteua and other later - OFC poopoo helm is cheap, but if you 1shot, you dont need reductions, ewe - you will go for slotted, at this point, I would rather go for masquerade, rings with mantis - note, that some slotted accessories are VERY VERY expensive, because it is needed to create SQI - bris - so you may want to check on some cheaper accessories.. we also have hidden enchants on armours - some of it is really cheap and is worth getting - how to find it? you need to find id of given hidden enchant and search for that enchant - lets say, you need +2str - find out id for +2str (by searching selling db for armours that may have such enchant - odin for example) and search selling db - id4701 -   +2str armour for 1M - not bad... also, have slave priest :) for bless - great help... also, we do have unslotting npc, but it is expensive.  oh and most knights will most likely lvl on sleepers, because of the income - you may remember ice pick - expensive weapon forsleepers - well, here, you have some cheap spears or rental spears, that help with sleepers - so maybe check on that as well - ahlspiess or rental brocca..  so yeah, I would stay on spears and I would check, if sleepers or high orcs.. When you are LK, it will be much better :)   and dont forget about stat foods.. it is very helpful - having +5str food can make a great difference and the price is not that high...

You can keep the spear even with bowling bash build. Though, you want higher dex since bowling bash has casting time unlike other general swordman skills. About hidden enchant, just type something like "str+2" on seliing search at panel.talonro.com

• Like 1
  • No1 1

12 hours ago, kolela said:

About hidden enchant, just type something like "str+2" on seliing search at panel.talonro.com

OMG!! this easy?? :D

Thanks! I did not know about this

Thanks howrah for your help so far. I am 92 now without any equipment and only little money but I am getting there, step by step. Managed to find two Marc Cards so at least 15m on my bank now :)

I am now planning to build an HO Pike (3x Orc Lady, 1x Vadon) and/or use the rental brocca for sleepers. What are in general the weapons types I am going to use as a LK? Just afraid that I invest a lot of money now for Pikes and in the end as a LK I am using mainly Katanas for instance?! Will I still Pierce as an LK or many do Berserk/BB? 

Just wanna make the right decision with the limited amount of money I have.

4 hours ago, Shiek said:

Thanks howrah for your help so far. I am 92 now without any equipment and only little money but I am getting there, step by step. Managed to find two Marc Cards so at least 15m on my bank now :)

I am now planning to build an HO Pike (3x Orc Lady, 1x Vadon) and/or use the rental brocca for sleepers. What are in general the weapons types I am going to use as a LK? Just afraid that I invest a lot of money now for Pikes and in the end as a LK I am using mainly Katanas for instance?! Will I still Pierce as an LK or many do Berserk/BB? 

Just wanna make the right decision with the limited amount of money I have.

Most lord knights end up with two handed sword, because of "2h quicken" and "parry". Parry gives a 50% chance to block any physical damage received, but can only be used with 2handed swords.

Narrowing down from there, I think it's usually Violet Fear with either bapho/doppel or dual sword guardians...

But, you like using pikes, so it's not like you can't play around with a spear build. It's all about having fun playing how you like. 

Violet Fear can be used if you're LK has a base level of 80. While Naght Red/Blue can be used if you're LK has a base level of 75. If your LK is below the required base level, you can stick with Pikes til you reach the required base level.

Edited by Reclusio Perpetua

Understand. Long way to go until I can afford this equipment, so I guess a HO-Pike makes sense for now. Luckily I was able to refine one of my 19 Pikes yesterday to +10 :D Now just the cards are missing.

Should I go for a Thara Frog Shield next or focus on +STR equipment in order to increase my DMG-Output?

Is there any place you would advise for farming zeny and/or valuable loot? I am already tired of searching for Marc Cards...

Sleepers is the main place for Knights to farm once they're 80ish, but you need the def piercing brocca or ahlspiess. 

Before that, Myst Cast is probably your best bet for cake. 

As for accessory I can reccomend cat hand gloves, they are quite cheap, provide survivality stats (necklace, brooch and rosary in one!) while having slot. Basically you can also be interested in looking after some nice 2h sword like violet fear or some alternative..  Krasnaya. You can always lurk around with auto counter build, since it's so underestimated! GL with coming back to our prison of grind....err sentimental game!

P.S You might be interested in enchanting eden boots IV with eden enchantmens, it's quite decent in price and can provide you extra str, since +9 boots with antique firelock are....hellish expensive. Otherwise I suggest investing into vidar's shoes, you get juicy +9% for hp/sp.

Edited by Edwado
coz...i wanted to edit
  • Love 1

@maetropa: Sleepers and HOs are more or less in the same EXP range, so Sleepers are better due to their loot? 

@Edwado: Violet fear ist just super expensive. I guess this is more smth for the time as an LK. Good advise for the cat hand gloves, though. But shouldn’t I go for STR? Ring + Mantis or is there now a better option? Perhaps Ring+Mantis as a temp option until I can afford some endgame gear?

Enchant Eden boots?! Definitely a good one, will do that!

3 minutes ago, Shiek said:

@maetropa: Sleepers and HOs are more or less in the same EXP range, so Sleepers are better due to their loot? 

@Edwado: Violet fear ist just super expensive. I guess this is more smth for the time as an LK. Good advise for the cat hand gloves, though. But shouldn’t I go for STR? Ring + Mantis or is there now a better option? Perhaps Ring+Mantis as a temp option until I can afford some endgame gear?

Enchant Eden boots?! Definitely a good one, will do that!

Yeah, knights on sleepers can get anywhere from 1m to 3m depending on how efficient you are. It's a 75% drop chance for something you can vend for 3.5k or break down for something like 5k depending on your luck, plus a bunch of miscellaneous 100% drops that add up rather fast as well. 

Plus, Sleepers are pretty prevalent and naturally mobby, so by the time you 1shot/2shot one, you've generally got another two beelined for you. 

And what would be alternatives zu Sleepers? The map is fairly crowded and I get hit pretty hard by the monsters as my gear is weak.

12 minutes ago, Shiek said:

And what would be alternatives zu Sleepers? The map is fairly crowded and I get hit pretty hard by the monsters as my gear is weak.

Most of the good farming spots have a bunch of people. With sleepers, you want to not get hit by either having agi/flee stacked or killing them quickly...

But, for other options, you could farm sqi ingredients. Though, that's not as solid a profit as you have to wait for buyers.

Hi all,

I have been very silent lately, but haven't had a lot of time during November/December for playing RO. The time I had during the last weeks were mainly used for Rebirth and leveling up my LK - so finally LK again, afte 12 years. ^^

Back then I never had the chance to enjoy Berserk, so I was really looking forward to getting this skill. Now, after finally reaching job lvl 50, I am a bit stuck what to actually do with it... xD

I had the beautiful plan in my mind to kill Bathorys all day long and finally make some money to work on my gear, however, Jokers and Whispers are giving me a hard time and make the grind less enjoyable. So I went back to Marcs with a Wind Claymore but I feel much slower compared to mob and BB down there. Obviously Sleepers would still be an alternative, but I hardly find time to play regularely during one week so rental brocca is not an option.

Am I doing smth wrong at Bathorys? Isn't it a good Berserk farming spont? Any alternatives for low-gearded ppl? Or perhaps, is it time to park my LK and make money with another char?

Unbenannt.png.c7eab18b404a03a9345e498178b79cb1.png

2 hours ago, Shiek said:

Hi all,

I have been very silent lately, but haven't had a lot of time during November/December for playing RO. The time I had during the last weeks were mainly used for Rebirth and leveling up my LK - so finally LK again, afte 12 years. ^^

Back then I never had the chance to enjoy Berserk, so I was really looking forward to getting this skill. Now, after finally reaching job lvl 50, I am a bit stuck what to actually do with it... xD

I had the beautiful plan in my mind to kill Bathorys all day long and finally make some money to work on my gear, however, Jokers and Whispers are giving me a hard time and make the grind less enjoyable. So I went back to Marcs with a Wind Claymore but I feel much slower compared to mob and BB down there. Obviously Sleepers would still be an alternative, but I hardly find time to play regularely during one week so rental brocca is not an option.

Am I doing smth wrong at Bathorys? Isn't it a good Berserk farming spont? Any alternatives for low-gearded ppl? Or perhaps, is it time to park my LK and make money with another char?

Unbenannt.png.c7eab18b404a03a9345e498178b79cb1.png

Both bathory and joker are demihuman, quad hydra (×4) is good, since joker is large, bathory is medium sized.

The most annoying monster will be whisper, as you need to cast magnum break and bowling them.

To be effective, you need baphomet card as well, however you will be fine with quad bloody katana, just bring grape juice for bowling bash 

As for alternative: get earth vvs claymore and hunt hillwind, the money is quite nice too.

funiest guy ever...thqts funny, wow. if your a knight go farm bathorys and live it up selling witchs staar sand, lol

Dont really get you post. Some ppl are still kind of new to this game and are not familiar with the common farm methods per class. 

I appreciate to chat with experienced players to share my thoughts and get recommendations what to do.  

• Like 1

well bathorys are like easier to farm without gear than anywhere, most people are going to suggest sleepers but you could farm the same amount in the bathory dungeon of clock tower. 

I suggest having vitality and dexterity for the place, as jokers are easily handled when you can not missing using magnum break and bowling bash. and bathorys are also easy as they only have 5k in health

Thats true. Will put more in DEX to handle the jokers better. 

I was just wondering whether it makes sense to use Berserk for Bathorys?! But as you cannot use skills/switch weapons the whispers can get annoying. 

Hi all,

I finally managed to get my GEC shoes - actually sandals but whatwever XD

Wanted to talk to you about gear progression now. From a weapon perspective I am currently equipped with the following:

- Pike to one-pierce HOs (3x Orc Lady / 1x Hydra)

- Pike to 2-BB Anolians (2xFlora / 2x Drainliar)

- Katana for Berserk Bathorys (3x Santa Poring / 1x Hydra)

I really enjoy mobbing and BB but also Berserk is a lot of fun. When I think about my next piece of equipment, what should it be? LKH or a better weapon to allow me farming more zeny than currently with Sleepers/Bathorys (1.1-1.5m/h). If I should move on with the weapon I probably need to decided which build I want to focus on first, right? And were to farm next?

Any help is welcomed. All the best,

Shiek

Edited by Shiek

3 hours ago, Shiek said:

Hi all,

I finally managed to get my GEC shoes - actually sandals but whatwever XD

Wanted to talk to you about gear progression now. From a weapon perspective I am currently equipped with the following:

- Pike to one-pierce HOs (3x Orc Lady / 1x Hydra)

- Pike to 2-BB Anolians (2xFlora / 2x Drainliar)

- Katana for Berserk Bathorys (3x Santa Poring / 1x Hydra)

I really enjoy mobbing and BB but also Berserk is a lot of fun. When I think about my next piece of equipment, what should it be? LKH or a better weapon to allow me farming more zeny than currently with Sleepers/Bathorys (1.1-1.5m/h). If I should move on with the weapon I probably need to decided which build I want to focus on first, right? And were to farm next?

Any help is welcomed. All the best,

Shiek

If you really enjoy on doing lord knight, i'd suggest violet fear or veteran sword carded with sword guardian.

Or you can get 2 hand sword carded with baphomet for berserk setup

You might want to look at soul ring headgear, cheap and good for mobbing

Getting weapon>gec>devi garment/raydric>kaho horn> armor>accessory etc

Edited by MawanMeabeab

What ate the big pros/cons between violet fear and veteran sword? 

Violet fear has an autocast chance to ignore def of a mob while veteran sword increases bash/bowling bash skill +50% but cannot ignore defense of mob.

So I guess veteran sword is better for BB while violet fear is used for berserk. 

What should be combined with bapho card or does this depend more on the area I am farming?

And in terms of zeny farming. What makes sense after sleepers/bathorys, meaning what is the next stage for a LK? :)