Sign in to follow this  
Shiek

Knight again - After 12 years absence

Hi all,

I wanted to come back to my last questions. I am almost at 40m zeny and need to plan my next steps wisely. I like both, BB and Zerk. It is really more about the most logical investment to make more zeny compared to sleepers/bathory (1.5m/h). 

And I guess, depending on the ideal next farming spot, the question for my new weapon will be answered.

Any recommendations from the wise community? xD

Hi, I'm a 99 Lord Knight.

I don't see any other better places for farming zeny with LK instead of sleepers.

Geffenia, Mavka, Juperos, Magma are the best farming spot for zeny. But for LK will be a bit difficult and invest a lot of zeny. So my best bet would be increase your zeny income rate in sleepers until like 2-2.5m/hr. It is very doable, you know. 

Could you tell me with what equipment you farm sleepers and/or your playstyle? Just would like to understand what is responsible for the 1m delta. 

I am lvl 95 but consider myself (now again) a skilled player in terms of mobbing, movement, etc. 

I currently one-shot with Ahlspiess + GEC for constant BB output. 

I'm very low budget player so I used Ahlspiess with fire endow and GEC sandal too.

I don't have sleipner for fast walk so I put my Buffer on safe spot and get buffed every 3 mins. I do teleport and walk a bit for finding mobs tho.

And every 30 mins I go back to town to rebuff fire endow and store loots with 90% weight of Buffer and 90% weight of my LK. I get around 200+ GN and other loots which total for 30 mins more or less 1,2 milos. That how it works.

Hey!

I used to play LK in past and the map I enjoyed Berserk (Frenzy) the most was Geffen Dungeon F3 (where the doppel is). Give it a shot :)

Hi all,

long time, no see! :) 

I believe I have come a long way with my LK and I am currently farming in magma2, zerking around and making around 2-2.5m/h. I am really wondering what the next step in terms of equipment could be for me. I still enjoy Berserk, however, also willing to switch to BB if it makes sense.

I know that my armor is not ideal as it doesnt have Tao Gunka Card, however, I haven't found any STR+3 armor yet which would allow me to reach the next DEX bonus.

So what do you think? How should I progress with my equipment?

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

hello big boy,

your armor may not be ideal for an all around build but i think fire armor is just as good as any other tao gunka armor since most of the painful damage in magma is fire. so if you dont plan on changing spot, i wouldnt bother changing your armor unless its a fire armor that you put a tao but thats a bit expensive.

I wouldnt plan on switching to BB to farm unless you dont intent to move to tougher place like abyss. For your sanity its better to keep strolling the zerk avenue. BB dps is amazing but unless you kill your target in 2 hits, the randomness of the pushback that iduna brought is not viable anymore for strong monsters, best to save BB for mvping or boss monster that dont get pushed.

The only small improvement i can see is your weapon... enchant it !! other than that any other improvement would be in the 8 digits like a cool enchanted armor for tao gunka or cool nike shoes (sleip)

Totally agree with Black Metal considering the BB mechanics post Iduna. 

Gearwise it depends on the fact if you wanna stay in Magma or switch ur farming place towards earning more Zeny.

Generally you could aim to otbain universal gear like Celebration Ring // Hell Poodle Accessoirs // Sleipnirs / Pussy Cat Bell.

There are a million ways to earn good Zeny with LK aside from Magma though. You can step ur earning ups easily by going to mavkas with a 1 shot spiral pierce build ( All you need is Carled with Kaho Card) and a joker card accessoir. Thats how i progressed to 3-3.5m/hr when I started out as an LK and was done with Sleepers.

More zeny/h always sounds good! 🙂

What would be the stats for a spiral pierce build for mavkas? Or what do watch out for (e.g. high flee vs  high vit)

So basically: Steal > Spiral > Loot > FW?

I saw LK with BB at mavkas. Is this approach less efficient? 

Maximum dex for casting time and stealing (thief class is still better at stealing though), I think high flee is easier to maintain. Other stat are less important, str could add tiny damage needed to one shot and more max weight. Some vit (like 10 - 30 for flee build) always helps. Basically yes, sometimes you want to walk a bit, close to areas where fly wing rarely reach because it would be the same for other people. You may stop water ball damage by not moving for a bit after fly winging (not sure if this changed after iduna update).

BB LK would have more expensive gears to make up the damage. It's more efficient in optimal build since BB has no after-cast delay unlike spiral, but the gear investment x__x

All clear. I will give it a try. 

Any particular armor + card I should wear? I water ball my biggest thread?

have never been on this map before 😁

anything, water armor for water ball resist would be a bit overkill, also the opposite, wearing fire armor is kinda torturing yourself?

Edited by kolela

Please keep in mind that this will in addition cost you a certain investment if you wanna switch and u will take some time/experience to excell ur earning at Mavkas.

This said, your main purchase would be the Carled (Kaho) and maybe some Sting slotted Accessoir (Expert Ring is good for any Spiral build but not easily resold). Water armor is not needed in my opinion since ur entire playstyle will be flywinging until u find mavka, steal it, spiral, loot and fly away (Best with infinite flywing). All done as fast as possible, using the after cast delay to search for Mavkas.  You wont hit the Yagas and they wont WB you. So choose whatever Armor u have laying around or will help you.

Stats would be: High Dex - up to 130 /140 total (+5Dex food helps) Str: Enough to one shot Mavkas and to carry loots (around 40-50 total?)

Vit or Agi focus depending on ur preference. You can either go for a tanky build or agi with enough flee to dodge Mavkas. Best you try out what you like more. I prefered flee agi since I got hit way less and could take less meat with me compared to the vit build.

This is just an example for a way to go for Spiral Mavka starter and has obviously a lot of leeway for improvements but I think it showcases that you wont need huge investments.

One Shot is One Shot :D You will progress way more by getting comftable and experienced at the Map so I wouldnt even invest more into specific Mavka Gears!

Your next goals should be more universal items such as mentioned by me earlier (Sleipnir, Celebration Ring, Hell Poodle Accessoir or whatever).

Cheers and hf

Thank you all for the help so far. 

I have purchased a Carled and a Scorpion Card. Sufficient for on shots. Spent an hour there yesterday, obviously I need to get up to speed and I am also missing a steal clip but I got the nature of it, focused on FLEE rather that VIT. Feels good and probably a good distraction from Zerking around. I am just really wondering if I can exceed my current 2.5mio/h from Magma.

So some questions:

- Is 3-3.5mio really realistic with a LK? Simply by FW > Steal > Spiral > Loot > FW? 

- I need a fire endow, should I bring the Sage with me to the MAP or leave him at the boat entrance?

- What does a Sting slotted accessory bring? I see sting card only for a shield with DEF+2

And yes, my focus will be more on universal gear affording it with Magma and Mavka where I already have 99% of the equipment I need. Can I also go directly for Megingjard? xD

- I don't know. But as my knight's life experience doing silly things, joker card helps me in a lot of places, mavka is just one of them.

- you can bring sage to safe spot in mavka floor (near the uphill road), or at the entrance right before mavka (les floor).

- we customized lots of cards. see: https://wiki.talonro.com/Custom_Cards

Edited by kolela

To your questions:

1. Yes , you should be able to exceed ur 2.5m/hr but as said it depends on ur experience AND also on luck. Mavkas it always hit or miss, sometimes u will make only 2, 2,5m, sometimes u hit 3.5 or even more. Also depends on how many people are on the map at the moment.

2. Depends on if you want to stay there for an hour straight or you dont mind reendowing after 30m or if u are already overweight and need to go back after 30 minutes anyway.

3. Sting Card is costum on our server. It gives +4 Dex in Acc. Its advisable since Dex will be ur main stat and having +4 Dex extra will leave u a lot of stat points you can put in somewhere else.

4. Going for Meg is stupid xD Go for Nibel first. Its the bomb.

Also check out the Videos of this guy from youtube:

Maybe you are into MVPing as well? Could be something to aim for as well, since MVPing is super fun as LK.

• Like 1
  • No1 1