Sign in to follow this  
Avar

Low damage from Nifl monsters?

Hello, I was farming in Nifl the other day and I noticed alot of priests on there barely take any damage from the monsters (50's - 100's). I was wondering how is the possible? What items are required to have a good defense vs the monsters in nifl?

They hit me around 400 - 1k (from dullahan). Also, I was checking on the database the monster property of Dullahan and it's Undead 2. Does that mean that the attack they use is Undead type? I ask because maybe I can use Orc Zombie card (Gives reduction by 30% to undead element). But I am not sure. I was also thinking to use undead armor but then I won't be able to heal. :(

My items are:

Headgear: Lord Kahos Horn (For DEX)

Mid-Gear: Mistress EWE (For Gems)

Lower-Mid: PCB (DEF!)

Armor: (Not sure, for now I use Ghostring [Im sure it does nothing]) - Need help with this.

Weapon / Shield: +4 Divine Cross (Combo Set)

Mantle: Muffler [1] (Not sure what card to add, I have both Deviling and Orc Zombie) - Need help with this.

Accessories: Spiritual Ring / Clip (Sting Card) [For Divine Cross Combo Set]

Shoes: Sandals (Eddga Card)

Any help is appreciated, thank you guys!

Edited by evaristo12

Use Bathory armor, always cast assumptio. Use deviling because Orc zombie only reduce undead element attacks, not the neutral attacks of the undead(not sure with this). Refine your armors. Be sure to max your Divine Protection skill.

• No1 1

I read bathory card and it says it makes armor shadow property. Does that reduce undead damage? also, will I be able to heal with bathory?

3 minutes ago, bluesclues1 said:

yes you can heal and buffs yourself with bathory armor.

Thanks! But does it reduce the damage from the monsters too? Since bathory is shadow and the monsters are undead

11 minutes ago, bluesclues1 said:

yes it sure is, it will nulify undead property attacks as well such as dark breath, dark soul strike, etc. (correct me with the skills) XD

Awesome! how about the regular hits? are they undead hits too? (for example dullahan monster).

sorry for so many questions 😓

1 hour ago, Reclusio Perpetua said:

Use Bathory armor, always cast assumptio. Use deviling because Orc zombie only reduce undead element attacks, not the neutral attacks of the undead(not sure with this). Refine your armors. Be sure to max your Divine Protection skill.

as reclusio has said, those are neutral

(sorry if I repeated what people have said)

All monster regular hits are neutral element attack. Ghostring on this server specifies doesn't work on PvM. Their skills will specify the element, and the skills hurts more (multiplies up to 10x attack). For example, Dullahan has level 3 shadow attributive attack. So normally, dullahan will hit you with neutral attack, but when he activates shadow attack skills, it will be 300% attack with shadow element.

I usually use...

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_table_attr  see the property table, players armor element are belong to level 1, hence you see shadow/undead element attack (row) does 0% to shadow element armor (column).

http://ratemyserver.net/ to find what skills monster have (use our database at panel.talonro.com for loot search though, since we modified lots of monsters)

https://irowiki.org/classic/Category:Monster_Exclusive_Skills to know what monster skills actually do (skill naming a bit different)

So bathory armor covers you from those element skill attack on that map (also covers negative side-effect of deviling), you just need to focus increase your def, neutral, and racial/size reduction. Oh, I think you're wondering about evil druid (undead) armor? Evil druid card is a special case, unlike other elements, undead also grants you immunity against frozen and stone cursed, however, some priest/aco buff won't reach you.

Edited by kolela
  • Like 1
  • No1 1

14 minutes ago, kolela said:

(sorry if I repeated what people have said)

All monster regular hits are neutral element attack. Ghostring on this server specifies doesn't work on PvM. Their skills will specify the element, and the skills hurts more (multiplies up to 10x attack). For example, Dullahan has level 3 shadow attributive attack. So normally, dullahan will hit you with neutral attack, but when he activates shadow attack skills, it will be 300% attack with shadow element.

I usually use...

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=misc_table_attr  see the property table, players armor element are belong to level 1, hence you see shadow/undead element attack (row) does 0% to shadow element armor (column).

http://ratemyserver.net/ to find what skills monster have

https://irowiki.org/classic/Category:Monster_Exclusive_Skills to know what monster skills actually do

OMG this is so useful! Thanks alot for this information (and links too) I will be using this from now on!

11 hours ago, evaristo12 said:

Awesome! how about the regular hits? are they undead hits too? (for example dullahan monster).

I also use one of 2 shields there:
1. Hell Shield (Khalitzburg card) - helps with Demon monsters, or
2. Requiem Shield (Teddy Bear card) - helps with Undead monsters.

My preference is Requiem as Dullahan hit the hardest.

/spank

you seem to be new..

shields are good and everything, but also expensive. Your best bet now, for nifl is your divine cross combo - cheap and very good - so this part is fine...

you seem to be lost - browse our TRo wiki to see if it you can find something usefull - for now, few basic things you should know:

as mentioned, normal attacks from monster are neutral property - so if you have some reductions on element attacks it will not work on these - thats why a lot of people go with deviling - that is for neutral, so it will reduce the normal hits - what to do with element based skills? wear correct ele armor.. elements are important, so check here, for some nubers:  https://irowiki.org/classic/Element

this shows the interaction - all armors give lvl1 element/property, so you are looking at the first spreadsheet - note, that most will not NULLIFY, but will only reduce the incoming dmg..

next thing - element is not the same as "type of monster"- element talks about dmg - as mentioned before, skills of monsters may have some element.. lets look at some example:

you mentioned orc zombie - increase resistance of undead property attacks - so attacks/skills that have this element/property will be reduced

divine cross combo - further reduces the damage received from Undead and Demon type monsters - all attacks from that monster will be reduced - normal hits and element skills.

spank mentioned some shield cards - Reduce damage from Demon/Undead monsters - again, all attacks - normal (neutral property/elemet) and skills (non-neutral element)

next are your skills - you have divine protection, that helps reduce dmg from undead and demon monsters (not element, but type, so all attacks) and as HP, you will have assumptio - best skill ever for dmg reduction :)

next is your def - you are already using PCB - time to upgrade all your items at least to +4 (safe refine - nothing will break) - note, that def is lowered according to amount of monsters attacking you..

check on calc, to see how each item works with the received dmg - it follows all that you mentioned - with only divine cross combo, it shows some 430-710 - add bathory, deviling, divine protection and it will show some 200-350 - add assumptio and you are on 100-170.. add some more def (items upgraded to +4) and you are on some 70-130...

https://calc.talonro.com/

• Like 1