Sign in to follow this  
Krusty ^_^

High Wiz Main quit every other classes ^_^

Hello everyone

after much consideration and trying every single job classes here except monk/champ "sorry one punch man" decided to stick to and properly play as the squishy magic caster on the back line hiding behind beefy pecos and rock hard champ bodies /slur/heh 

Any tips and tricks that i can learn from pros in this class aside from proper positioning and helping with SW spamming on raid parties i wanna be able to at least do decent enough DPS from the back line i know i wont be able to compete for MVP roles with those scary arrows being fired from half a screen away /sob  i always wanted to go and grind/farm in Thor so is going a bit more tanky to avoid getting 1 shot by a stray monster the way to go or just yolo and do as much Crowd control as possible with AOE magic before eventually getting wreck by a stray mob or a random poke from range monsters 

i know fire enchanted armor is a big help what about water armor will it be better or at-least on par with fire armor?

aStZQWljR1N4eVVUOFFNV3BhRUQwUT09

We are not so squishy even without EC ;] Concern on cards with % resist and you'll be ok. Personally I don't like ele armors cus their weight, but if you planning something about thor it's ok: +3 Int FA [Agav] is your best choice (someone can say RSX but much better when Bow push you back, there you already been which means no mobs there, and keep recieving damage from your SG), for shield (BoC 24/7) you have Alice (almost all bosses there) or cheap option as Horn or even GTB (block all magic from Kasas and Imps but nothing in melee and from Guards). For garment you always have devi (for def) and leak (for damage) swap. Trick with staff swapping (SoM for IC and high graded SoP dor pierce damage) is very good option in Thor.

For all others - read popular topics here, in mage section, especially comments - there a lot of useable information ;]

On 9/30/2018 at 1:12 PM, Neko'Geki said:

i know fire enchanted armor is a big help what about water armor will it be better or at-least on par with fire armor?

nope.. it is better than nothing, but nowhere close to fire..

fire-fire means 0,25*DMG

fire-water means 0,5*DMG

(talking about lvl1 element given by armor)

if you plan to solo thor as hw, having deviling, valk shield[alice] and fa rsx(def4 preferably) is necessary

solo hw at thor without assump would be challenging since you wont have assump on, and most skills there will put your health around 20~30% even with energy coat

deviling=sword guardian uses spear boom alot while chasing you, and you will ultimately be chased coz it's better to mob monsters there... pardon this long explanation but if you choose not to mob a handful amount of monsters before using SG, it can put your hw at risk since a stray mob might start approaching you while your skills are still on cooldown.. sometimes a stray sonic blow from salamander happens too...

valk shield[alice]=alice is a no brainer, all mobs there are boss, however, using a valk shield is important because of the fire breath skill... you will take more dmage since you'll be using devi the whole time, valk shield reduces some damage from it... kasa and salamander use this alot

fa [rsx]=fire armor, to reduce fire elemental damage, and rsx to prevent knockback... being knockbacked puts you to riskier situations such as being pushed into a group of mobs or being pushed too far from your storm gust ultimately making the monsters you are trying to kill to teleport... sometimes those monsters teleport right beside you too

4 minutes ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

if you plan to solo thor as hw, having deviling, valk shield[alice] and fa rsx(def4 preferably) is necessary

is not - it will make your life much easier, but it is not necessary.. I go with leak, book of charms and fa agav.. the truth is, that when I am unlucky and die a lot, I would switch leak to devi and eat +int food..

it is all about playstyle and spawns.. and of course, about your build...

27 minutes ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

No, it's not. I farming there with leak and horn without fa or pasana. Also agav>rsx for me, always (I already wrote why).

46 minutes ago, howrah said:

is not - it will make your life much easier, but it is not necessary.. I go with leak, book of charms and fa agav.. the truth is, that when I am unlucky and die a lot, I would switch leak to devi and eat +int food..

it is all about playstyle and spawns.. and of course, about your build...

25 minutes ago, Azgrim said:

No, it's not. I farming there with leak and horn without fa or pasana. Also agav>rsx for me, always (I already wrote why).

it's true, it's all about playstyle, spawns and builds

but it ultimately leads to how much monsters/exp you can kill given a time frame... because that's the main priority there for me... i go for 90++ total vit too for reference in comparison... im only talking about thor 3 too, to actually stay there for a whole hour at minimum

EDIT: i like my HW beefy, that can survive a few spear boom and sonic blow without sacrificing damage

EDIT2: @Azgrim without FA or Pasana at thor as hw? you're either spamming alot of cwp, or using a gtb swap just to avoid the fireball spam from kasa which makes you vulnerable to that spear boom (and without assump, devi nor alice, will kill you on sight) if you switched just a second late

EDIT3: since im bored, let me bring up some values to give a comparison (will edit more in a bit)

Edited by Tainaka Ritsu

8 minutes ago, Tainaka Ritsu said:

but it ultimately leads to how much monsters/exp you can kill given a time frame... because that's the main priority there for me...

Same so I concern on more output damage and prefer avoid damage (especially in melee) with positioning and skills not catch it and hope on equips 😃

Okay so I did a quick test run at Thor 1 where the difficulty is significantly easier due to less spawn rate of Guardian mobs, these values are taken from multiple tries while naked (0% resist 0 DEF 0 MDEF No assump No Energy Coat)

Fireball Base Damage (Kasa) - 2.6k~4.2k (let's use 3.5k as average)
Firebreathe Base Damage from (Kasa) - 32k~33k
Sonic Blow Base Damage (Salamander) - 9k~10k per hit x 8 hits = 72k~80k (let's use 75k as average)
Spear Boom Base Damage (Swordie) - 28k~29k
Double Strafing Base Damage (Bow) - 8~9k

Now let's use your proposed equipment (feel free to correct me if i missed anything)

Howrah's:
Leak (gives 10% redux from all monsters)
BoC [Alice] (gives 40% redux from boss monsters)
FA  [Agav] (gives you 75% redux from fire attacks, -10 DEF from Agav)

After Redux (assuming you have an average of 35 DEF 45 MDEF No Assump No Energy Coat)
Fireball Damage (Kasa) - 260~
Firebreathe Base Damage from (Kasa) - 2,900~
Sonic Blow Base Damage (Salamander) - 26,300~
Spear Boom Base Damage (Swordie) - 10,200~
Double Strafing Base Damage (Bow) - 3,200~

Azgrim's:
Leak (gives 10% redux from all monsters)
BoC [Horn] (gives 35% resist from long range and magic)
Agav (-10 DEF, 35 final DEF)

After Redux (assuming you have an average of 35 DEF 45 MDEF No Assump No Energy Coat)
Fireball Base Damage (Kasa) - 1,100~
Firebreathe Base Damage from (Kasa) - 12,600~
Sonic Blow Base Damage (Salamander) - 43,900~
Spear Boom Base Damage (Swordie) - 11,000~
Double Strafing Base Damage (Bow) - 3,400~

Average Hit Points of High Wiz again that aims to max INT? 12k max HP? If you happen to get the aggro of a Byorgue using those equips, that will be your doom since swordie will spear boom you in less than 3 seconds and bow will use DS on you right off the bat. Even if you're playing safe and try not to get hit by Sonic Blow, you can still catch Firebreath while moving and that will be your doom.

But then again, if you're playing it  very safe, you will lose alot of exp/hr, that maybe you'll earn more exp in Abbey than in Thor.

EDIT: there's alot more reason that i admit im lazy to include all of it here, point being here is, it's okay to do theorycrafting, but sometimes, things that look good on paper doesnt really work ingame coz of alot of factors

Edited by Tainaka Ritsu

Yep, there is a lot situation with fly wings to avoid damage. Ima not so big thor fan (prefer biolab 4 for exp and loot), usually go there for gramps quest and feel myself fine without thor-oriented eq but my thoughts about it I already wrote in commentary after topic starter ) - all that eq is good, comfortable, more sustain but not necessary.

On 9/30/2018 at 7:12 PM, Neko'Geki said:

Hello everyone

after much consideration and trying every single job classes here except monk/champ "sorry one punch man" decided to stick to and properly play as the squishy magic caster on the back line hiding behind beefy pecos and rock hard champ bodies /slur/heh 

Any tips and tricks that i can learn from pros in this class aside from proper positioning and helping with SW spamming on raid parties i wanna be able to at least do decent enough DPS from the back line i know i wont be able to compete for MVP roles with those scary arrows being fired from half a screen away /sob  i always wanted to go and grind/farm in Thor so is going a bit more tanky to avoid getting 1 shot by a stray monster the way to go or just yolo and do as much Crowd control as possible with AOE magic before eventually getting wreck by a stray mob or a random poke from range monsters 

anyway to answer your question, the equips i mentioned above are necessary if you want to do and be able to do thor's effectively. dont cut corners, it's not like all the equips i mentioned are thor's specific, but rather you will use them for other classes and runs anyway

• Fsh 1